S things like 'save 50%' when you aren't really saving that because that original price is a mark up

Posted via CB10
    Of course advertisements like that are crap. But it so common and still many people fall for it, can't blame companies for using that. It even happens for simple stuff like groceries: sell product A for $1, then discount to $0.50 and show the "original price" as $ 2. People that fall for such advertising deserve it.

A year from now the Passport will still be sold for this "discounted' price and no one realises that it has been the original and only price all along.
    And they'll probably have the nerve to call it a permanent price drop at that point too.
    The "original" price in cases like this is just clever marketing.
    _____
    However in this case it just seemed to be a little glitch. So nothing to see here, move along?

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    11-28-14 11:28 AM
    S things like 'save 50%' when you aren't really saving that because that original price is a mark up

Posted via CB10
    Go to any website that sells unlocked phones and look at the "retail" price. They are all marked up heavily and show "savings" price. Its common practice to do this especially in the technology industry. Amazon does it every day. No one is forcing anyone to buy one.
    11-28-14 03:44 PM
    Go to any website that sells unlocked phones and look at the "retail" price. They are all marked up heavily and show "savings" price. Its common practice to do this especially in the technology industry. Amazon does it every day. No one is forcing anyone to buy one.
    I never said anything of that sort... just the reason for it. I never said it was wrong.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 04:58 PM
    I never said anything of that sort... just the reason for it. I never said it was wrong.

Posted via CB10
    Oh sorry, my bad. I misunderstood you. Apologies.
    FSeverino likes this.
    11-28-14 05:01 PM
    Closed for review. Please stand by.
    11-30-14 10:59 AM
    [WARN]The thread has been cleaned up. The bickering and off-topic stuff has been removed (and where these comments were quoted).

Please continue on topic and without the personal comments. [/WARN]
    11-30-14 11:21 AM
    The regular price is important for guys like me who buy their phone outright and don't want to to renew their contract.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 11:24 AM
32 12