WHAT????
    Is this what you're talking about?
    Attached Thumbnails So who's still on Team OldBerry wnd why?-edshot-20-sat-20aug-2024-202013-209.13.22-20pm-.jpg  
    08-24-13 03:16 PM
    I didn't really feel like the new phones had anything outstanding that could keep me from switching to android or even ios 2 years down the line. BB10 os is great and has phenomenal potential but I'm having second thoughts on whether or not BBRY can realize and utilize that potential. And I think I'm going to give android a go soon enough as my 9780 is boring now and I have 3 contacts left on bbm compared with 55 when I initially bought the phone 3 years ago. I think what I do most with my 9780 is just check the time... Kinda sad to think about it, but I prefer talking to people face to face so I only call parents from time to time. Demographical info: Uni student in 3rd year 2 hrs away from toronto, CA. So yeah I don't need the business side of BB, I really don't like any smartphone platforms out now but BB10 has the most potential of all. I haven't been convinced.
    08-24-13 03:19 PM
    Well if you would read my first post you'd understand, here's the clue about the video which is not related in any way to Legacy BB but to a trend that I see developing:

"I think more and more people are realizing that smartphones are not making life easier and that it keeps them from enjoying those important moments in life and a "back to basics" trend is gonna start soon if it hasn't already."
    That is the point I'm making. You mixed two completely different topics and seem to have meshed them into
    one. The thread title is deceiving. Whether you think you are not, you're trying to correlate using legacy devices
    with people becoming less involved with their phones. With all due respect, it's confusing at best.

Good day, Dispatcher
    08-24-13 03:21 PM
    That is the point I'm making. You mixed two completely different topics and seem to have meshed them into
    one. The thread title is deceiving. Whether you think you are not, you're trying to correlate using legacy devices
    with people becoming less involved with their phones. With all due respect, it's confusing at best.

Good day, Dispatcher
    You must be easily confused
    08-24-13 03:26 PM
    Just imagine a quarterback telling his receiver to run a hot route on the outside
    then the QB throws the ball into the middle because he expected the receiver
    to run a quick slant in the middle.
    08-24-13 03:30 PM
    Just imagine a quarterback telling his receiver to run a hot route on the outside
    then the QB throws the ball into the middle because he expected the receiver
    to run a quick slant in the middle.
    I have no idea what you're talking about, is that american football?
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    08-24-13 04:02 PM
    I'm still using the 9810 as my primary phone (although I have iphones for home use). I have been waiting for the company I work for to finally settle whether we are going BYOD or the company issued phone. I work for a large financial services institution in Canada I've been told that we are going with company issued BB10.

We get a choice of either the Q10 or Z10. It look like the BBOS will be done by years end. Can't wait.
    08-24-13 04:41 PM
    All subjective! I am very happy w my 9900: Right combo of communications, multi-tasking and feaures I need every day. And, yes my qwerty and trackpad are perfect tactile elements that maximize the use my digits.
    08-24-13 07:07 PM
    So as the title says, who's staying in Team OldBerry aka Legacy OS and why have you given BB10 a miss?

My feelings are well known by now and I won't bore you with them again but I'd like to hear from other people.

No matter how much they might want it I think the BB future is not in BB10 or "Mobile Computing" but in the old OS that can provide a more basic smartphone experience and a reasonable price. I think more and more people are realising that smartphones are not making life easier and that it keeps them from enjoying those important moments in life and a "back to basics" trend is gonna start soon if it hasn't already.

A friend just told me he wants a dumb phone again, just calls and sms. Somebody once called it "smartphone fatigue"

Here's a video making this point very clearly:

Smartphones do make life easier, it's not the tool that's the problem but the person using it. The phone isn't forcing these people to check their Facebook every 12 seconds while at the dinner table, the phone is forcing them to constantly refresh their Instagram feed at the movies. The fact is people have no self control, are weak willed and I think that's just a greater societal problem more than a smartphone problem. They're not different from the gamblers who just have to have one more bet, from the people who just can't stop themselves from eating an extra slice of pie, even though they already ate 2, it's just less obvious and maybe in their mind more socially acceptable because everyone else is doing it. I'm sure these people would find some other muse to occupy themselves with if smartphones didn't exist. Maybe smartphones are more 'addicting' to use but I just think people are the problem...remember even on the side of a box of nicotine patches there's a disclaimer saying 'willpower required...
    08-24-13 09:38 PM
    Early June, I gave five reasons why I wasn't getting the Q10. Of course I got blasted from some but many agreed. I also said I thought BB screwed up this time. I won't say I told you so. Their sales are speaking volumes. I love my 9900 and plan to continue using it. Technology does take up a lot of our time and money. Right now, I need the efficiency and the 9900 delivers. I have no desire for any other phone than a BB so I hope they have a turnaround soon.
    08-24-13 10:19 PM
    Why are there teams..? I find that to be one of the most ******** things about our culture. It's a device, there's no need to form "TeamiPhone," "Team Android" or Team _______. It's not a country, it's not a race, it's not a sport. Pick the device that fits your needs.
    jegs2 likes this.
    08-25-13 12:32 AM
    It's funny, back before BB10 was introduced everyone here would go on and on about how the legacy devices were equal to Android and iOS. It's so funny now that BB10 is out that people are saying that they are using their legacy devices basically because it will keep you off your phone because they can't do ****.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    08-25-13 08:57 AM
    I don't ever claim that. But then again my last legacy device was the 9860. It did everything!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 04:00 PM
63 123