View Poll Results: jumping ship to iphone 5 out of impatience?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, the BB10 delay made that decision for me

24 16.44%
  • No, its only a few more months, i can wait

122 83.56%
    sorry but I have to disagree,

if there is little to no support for the platform things will NOT take off. I think people need to be a little more daring and take a leap of faith into bb10, otherwise it wont be around when these phones that people say fits there needs die out...

Sent from da BOLD or maybe mi PlayBook
    I try not to be such a pessimist about BB10 .. I've seen enough to know what it can do and it may perhaps be great. So what the problem with waiting around a few months to see.. how much am I really missing from an iphone or android device .. To me, BB10 looks to be the future of mobie.. Apple has stagnated and I'm not thrilled with what Android has to offer.
    09-24-12 12:25 AM
    Still rocking my 9800! Just a 100 days of waiting. It is a mindset "wait for BB10". Sure the full touch will be released first. After my experience with the PB I might buy that. But a BlackBerry with no qwerty, may be half a BB phone. Wait and see. The iPhone is great device, but not for me. (why should I go through menus to set up wifi? Torch does that in two seconds on the homescreen.)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    MikeyJSydney likes this.
    09-24-12 01:00 AM
    Okay, guys, I managed to get my hands on an IPhone 5 and, make no mistake, these are indeed well made phones and the quality of the build, the lightness, the sleek look, the call quality and the speed of its cellular radios are really as polished as Apple can be for a product. It is indeed a solid phone.

However, it is essentially a minor upgrade, given that there was nothing new added to the mix. BB10, from what I have seen from the leaks, would set the bar higher just from the build and the services on that thing.

Verdict: wait for BB10 unless you have been too caught up in the Apple ecosystem and/or hype too much to even care about any other phone.
    09-24-12 01:36 AM
    I always had both an iPhone an a BB so yes I got one. It's an impressive device an I hope that BB10 is able to equal it in terms of speed.
    09-24-12 06:57 AM
    Haven't given in for anything. When my upgrade comes BB10 is at the top of my list but if I think something is better for me at that time I still won't be giving in to anything. I'll make a choice then.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-24-12 07:04 AM
    Downgraded to a Curve 8900 lol might "give in" and get an SGIII
    09-24-12 07:16 AM
    I took my two daughters (15 & 11) to the Apple store yesterday to check it out...I'm holding tight to see what the New Year brings !
    09-24-12 10:07 AM
    I took my two daughters (15 & 11) to the Apple store yesterday to check it out...I'm holding tight to see what the New Year brings !

What a good Dad, exposing your children to technology early on is always good. Do check out the new Ipod touch while you are there. I heard it's snazzy!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-24-12 11:00 PM
    Still rocking my 9800! Just a 100 days of waiting. It is a mindset "wait for BB10". Sure the full touch will be released first. After my experience with the PB I might buy that. But a BlackBerry with no qwerty, may be half a BB phone. Wait and see. The iPhone is great device, but not for me. (why should I go through menus to set up wifi? Torch does that in two seconds on the homescreen.)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Rocking a 9810 and probably wil upgrade after BB10 is out for a while..

I agree with the whole going through menu's to get wifi on the Iphone (wth)!.. Things are just much faster on my Torch and theres a multitude of ways to get to what i want..anyways lets hope BB10 keeps some of the shortcuts of there previous os's because id miss them if they were not there
    09-24-12 11:28 PM
    What a good Dad, exposing your children to technology early on is always good. Do check out the new Ipod touch while you are there. I heard it's snazzy!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    My two girls are all about technology, in fact my 11yr old would be lost w/o her Playbook !!
    09-25-12 07:20 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD