I completely agree. The metal case, conductive screen will change the impedance (reflection and return loss) of the antenna once the case is fitted and again whenever anyone touches the case or the screen.

RF is notorius for finding its way all over the place. Apple have a major problem on their hands with this one and serve them right, imo.

The only real fix is a total recall (Hi Arnie) of all phones and then to fit a new case.

Apple will try 3 things
    1). a software fix, as you say, smoke and mirrors. it ainlt gonna work.
    2). offer a free plastic case to all users. thsi will sowrk somewhat
    3). total recall and fit new cases to all iPhone 4s.

Apple should concentrate more on function and less on form.
    i see option 3 really being the only viable option. Option 2 might work but that isn't going to make some of the people that spent so much money on these phones for an inferior product out of the box happy. Personally if i was an Ifail fanboy and waited in line all day or some that even may have paid full retail....i would be LIVIDLY pissed that this is what i got and putting a bandaid like a plastic case on it would not make me feel any better..

Secondly. .how did this not get found in testing?

Thirdly ..I have a 9650 how do i get it to show db instead of bars on the home screen for sig strength? Thanks.
    07-07-10 02:36 PM
    Thirdly ..I have a 9650 how do i get it to show db instead of bars on the home screen for sig strength? Thanks.
    alt + N + M + L + L
    07-07-10 02:39 PM
    alt + N + M + L + L
    a thousand thank you's
    07-07-10 02:41 PM
    Wow...that letter to iphone users is hilarious.
    07-07-10 07:03 PM
    Most if not all BlackBerrys have the antenna in the bottom of the device to keep the radiation away from your head.
    07-07-10 08:29 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD