Is it both the US and Canadian Shop Blackberry site/service that people have had issues with, or one more than the other?
    I think more so with the US site, but that may be just because they get more traffic/business. Regardless, they're both managed by Digital River.

ShopBB is very hit and miss, and the misses are pretty bad. I recommend using a credit card, one where you are okay with a hold on funds being placed for at least 1-2 weeks post order placement.
    SharonRD likes this.
    09-28-14 07:03 PM
    Thanks for that. Well, I'm just going to try to keep a positive mindset and try not to stress about it, and hope it all works out in the end.
    09-28-14 07:06 PM
    Well in Canada the Telus 1 week exclusive deal is over on the 30th so I believe that Bell and Rogers should have some for sale on the 1st although Bell seems more organized and I think you can pre-order it as I have yet to see it go up on Rogers Website. Granted I didn't check today...

Posted via CB10
    You can pre-order from Rogers. $40 refundable deposit.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 07:07 PM
    When you type in shopblackberry.ca, you are bounced to the US site. That said, I ordered my Passport on Wednesday and had I been home on Thursday afternoon, I would have had it then. Since I wasn't home, FedEx did deliver it Friday afternoon.

I found Digital River to be efficient and they kept me informed right up until FedEx took the package, then I was able to track the package's progress.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    SharonRD likes this.
    09-28-14 07:29 PM
    When you type in shopblackberry.ca, you are bounced to the US site. That said, I ordered my Passport on Wednesday and had I been home on Thursday afternoon, I would have had it then. Since I wasn't home, FedEx did deliver it Friday afternoon.

I found Digital River to be efficient and they kept me informed right up until FedEx took the package, then I was able to track the package's progress.

Was duty and brokerage all included, or did you have to pay extra for that to fedex?
    09-28-14 07:44 PM
    Was duty and brokerage all included, or did you have to pay extra for that to fedex?
    Duty & brokerage was included in the $13 shipping fee. I didn't have to pay FedEx anything. It's UPS that screws the customer for "brokerage".

The transaction was smooth as could be. I was able to pay via PayPal as well.

09-28-14 07:48 PM
    website still saying oct. 6th

• This product is currently on backorder and will start shipping October 6th.
    Ridiculous to have supply chain issues for that long. They're losing business everyday they're OOS. Launching in other countries is nice but if you don't have stock what's the point?

Posted via CB10
    rcab likes this.
    09-28-14 07:49 PM
    Duty & brokerage was included in the $13 shipping fee. I didn't have to pay FedEx anything. It's UPS that screws the customer for "brokerage".

The transaction was smooth as could be. I was able to pay via PayPal as well.

Awesome, thank you very much.
    hpjrt likes this.
    09-28-14 07:50 PM
    I ordered off amazon, paid for the expedited shipping, it was to be here the latest tuesday. I check order status today and it still isnt shipped, not even ready to ship. Called amazon, lodged my complaint, they refunded my expedited shipping money and said it would be here tuesday.
    09-28-14 07:53 PM
    Ridiculous to have supply chain issues for that long. They're losing business everyday they're OOS. Launching in other countries is nice but if you don't have stock what's the point?

Posted via CB10
    Well I think of all the problems BlackBerry has had, this is finally a problem they're actually not too upset about!

Posted via CB10
    nbaliga likes this.
    09-28-14 08:06 PM
    It's there today on the Rogers website , there is a link to reserve your order.
    09-28-14 08:16 PM
    Quick question when you ordered from shopbb.com did the passport come with a micro sim card?
    09-28-14 08:17 PM
    Quick question when you ordered from shopbb.com did the passport come with a micro sim card?
    No sim card. The Passport takes a nano sim card so I had to dash to the nearest Rogers store to pick one up. A nano sim is $10 so not a big deal.

09-28-14 08:22 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply, looking to buy unlocked on shop blackberry and move to the Koodo network but good to know I will need to buy a sim card.
    hpjrt likes this.
    09-28-14 08:26 PM
    If you're planning to run on Koodo you might be able to pick one up in a Telus store faster than any of the other options.

Who runs the ShopBlackBerry site? I heard something about Digital River but I don't know the details.
    09-28-14 11:05 PM
    I placed order the first day in the evening on shopBB.com-usa and it showed in stock. The next morning I got the confirmation email about the order. Then about 2 hrs later I get an email saying it was on back order and would be shipped when supply becomes available. No date was given. I talked with their call centers in India and Philippines but could not get any explanation why they were taking orders when they had no product. All I got was bla bla and apologies and "don't worry" it will come (but no date given). I am frustrated that they have no direct communications and have no direct line to Canadian or American customer service reps. Sunday night and still nothing since the Thurs. morning email saying it was on back order. Terrible customer service because usually when you place an online order with a company and pay for priority next day shipment it means you will receive it the next day. Responsible online stores post when they are out of stock. Finally I think on Thursday they finally stopped taking orders. I am hoping I will get some type of email on Monday to let me have an idea what is happening
    09-28-14 11:12 PM
    I've heard Oct 1st as well. I know BlackBerry didn't expect this much demand..... but DAMN... a whole week to restock?! (maybe longer, I've also heard Oct. 6th) That's an insanely long time in this day and age.

Posted via CB10
    Tell that to all the people still waiting for the iphone 6 plus.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 11:37 PM
    Shop BlackBerry told me October 6 yesterday.

I thought my back panel was loose, and was going to exchange it. They said I could return it, get a refund and reorder, but that they wouldn't have more until October 6.

So I got my Torx out and tightened up the screw on the left side--all good, and way better than having to wait for a new one.
    09-28-14 11:51 PM
    Not true. I purchased mine at shopblackberry,con US and got it the next day.
    09-28-14 11:55 PM
    I placed order the first day in the evening on shopBB.com-usa and it showed in stock. The next morning I got the confirmation email about the order. Then about 2 hrs later I get an email saying it was on back order and would be shipped when supply becomes available. No date was given. I talked with their call centers in India and Philippines but could not get any explanation why they were taking orders when they had no product. All I got was bla bla and apologies and "don't worry" it will come (but no date given). I am frustrated that they have no direct communications and have no direct line to Canadian or American customer service reps. Sunday night and still nothing since the Thurs. morning email saying it was on back order. Terrible customer service because usually when you place an online order with a company and pay for priority next day shipment it means you will receive it the next day. Responsible online stores post when they are out of stock. Finally I think on Thursday they finally stopped taking orders. I am hoping I will get some type of email on Monday to let me have an idea what is happening

I ordered Wednesday night as well. Would have done so earlier but I hesitated, then had to go to work. When I got home I saw that the US price was a limited time deal and I ordered immediately.
    However, when I placed my order they had a note somewhere near the picture of the phone or in the description that it was on back order and it should be in stock on October 6th. So I just took the regular shipping because I knew it wouldn't come right away.

Now I wait to see if I get my pre-order iPhone 6 Plus or Passport first. It will most likely be the Passport.
    09-29-14 12:39 AM
    Well I think of all the problems BlackBerry has had, this is finally a problem they're actually not too upset about!

Posted via CB10
    Touch�

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 01:37 AM
    Passport dropped to 35 on unlocked on Amazon why such a big fall ? Even Official Amazon is not accepting orders and only has resellers on the site.

Whats going on.
    09-29-14 05:33 AM
    Walked in the telus store on Wednesday and walked out with a passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 08:45 AM
    Passport dropped to 35 on unlocked on Amazon why such a big fall ?
    Must have been a glitch in the matrix. Amazon has been known to have those. Also, are you sure you were looking at the Passport and not some deceptively titled, super expensive accessory?

Even Official Amazon is not accepting orders and only has resellers on the site.
    Amazon is out of stock, so maybe as a matter of policy they remove the listing until they have stock again?
    09-29-14 09:21 AM
    Oh, it willall work out in the end. Don't you worry about that. The Sun will swell up... engulf the Earth... and eventually... the Sun will burn out... and this once proud solar system will be nothing but cold, dark, emptiness...or maybe a black hole or something.
    09-30-14 06:05 PM
53 123