Seems as if all the GSM carriers are going to eventually be able to use the 9800 and thats nice but what about Sprint and Verizon? Please don't tell me the Storm 3 is supposed to be our holy grail? I'm so sick of AT&T having all the top of the line phones.. Why doesn't big red man up and get an exclusive that people actually want?

EDIT: Sorry I guess we get the clamshell WOOHOOOOO!!!
    08-06-10 11:03 PM
    You get Motorola I guess. BlackBerry seems to be on a downhill slide (no pun intended) anyway, which saddens me.

Clamshell? If the rumored specs are accurate it won't be worth the bother.

Storm 3? If it really is in the works, and if the rumored specs are accurate it might be worth a try but I don't think you will see it for another year if at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-10 05:03 AM
    Seems as if all the GSM carriers are going to eventually be able to use the 9800 and thats nice but what about Sprint and Verizon? Please don't tell me the Storm 3 is supposed to be our holy grail? I'm so sick of AT&T having all the top of the line phones.. Why doesn't big red man up and get an exclusive that people actually want?

EDIT: Sorry I guess we get the clamshell WOOHOOOOO!!!
    Ya unfortunately BB seems to have always been lagging with Sprint and Verizon. Now Android devices on the other hand, Verizon kills AT&T in that department
    08-07-10 05:31 AM
    CDMA users will get what they always do: Shafted. I really hope that once we flip to LTE, we will be similar enough to the rest of the planet to get the good stuff. Truly, CDMA 3G is fast enough for me, its cross compatability I'm looking for. Oh, and no more 2 radio devices for places I'll never go, just to get the features I want.
    I know that sounds like ragging, but I really am satisfied with what I got now, but I'm looking for a brighter future ahead.

08-07-10 05:46 AM
    I imagine once LTE does go mainstream for the carriers that things will change but for now, CDMA is just a smaller market share worldwide.
    08-07-10 09:18 AM
    I'm sure there will similar devices out for both Sprint and Verizon soon. But I think that Sprint and Verizon are focusing more in Android devices for the moment.
    08-08-10 04:22 AM
    CDMA gets the high-end Android devices first. And this is ATT's first touchscreen berry, we have hard the Storm for years.

08-08-10 08:56 AM
    What is CDMA and GSM anyway?

08-08-10 04:25 PM
    What is CDMA and GSM anyway?

Google Much?
    08-08-10 04:51 PM
    I am pleased with the Bold 9650 It isn't chop liver by any means
    08-08-10 05:33 PM
    They're in the process of a CDMA 9800 I hear

08-08-10 07:58 PM
    The holy grail is "rumored" to be the LTE Storm (Storm4????). We shall see!
    08-08-10 08:21 PM
    The holy grail is "rumored" to be the LTE Storm (Storm4????). We shall see!
    Storm 4? I would love to see what greatness that would bring. 2011? 2012?
    08-08-10 08:25 PM
    Storm 4? I would love to see what greatness that would bring. 2011? 2012?
    It's rumored to be coming fairly soon in the LTE era, and said to be the 1st or 2nd LTE devivce, at least according to what Salomodrin heard. Timeframe early 2011, March/April/May????
    08-08-10 08:34 PM
    I imagine once LTE does go mainstream for the carriers that things will change but for now, CDMA is just a smaller market share worldwide.
    But manufactures still have to create dual CDMA/LTE phones for a long time since LTE won't be used for voice, at least not initially.
    08-09-10 01:13 AM
    AT&T is known for offering "much" in exchange for an exclusivity - "Much"; being so high that one carrier manager at an Austrian carrier once said that they are morons.
    08-09-10 03:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD