I am lost - but now I am kinda paranoid about ordering other screws if these weren't long enough. I have one screw broken, so half my face plate is not sitting secured. The screw from CNN.CN is several MM shorter than the OEM screw. All I need is 1 frickin' screw, but I am really hesitant to pay money again if I don't know if it will fit. Anyone have any ideas? Or a spare screw a girl can hork?
    04-16-09 02:41 PM
    I have no answer to your question.....however upon reading your post, I cant get the song Add it Up by the Violent Femmes out of my head
    04-16-09 03:19 PM
    I've heard of someone taking a drill bit that is slightly larger in diameter than the screw, and using that to make the hole in the housing a little deeper, so the screw can engage the threads in the midplate.
    04-16-09 03:25 PM
    LOL yeah it's hard to make a post about screws not being long enough sound not dirty.

It's so frustrating, half my faceplate is sitting ajar.
    04-16-09 03:49 PM
    I ordered the same T5 screws. I used a drill bit to deepen the holes just a smidge.

Try squeezing the faceplate against the midplate while tightening the screw. It should engage about 1-1/2 turns, which is sufficient.
    04-16-09 04:24 PM
    I'd check Horizon Wireless, the guys in my sig they fix BB, and might have some to sell or give. They would most likely have OEM stuff too. Their prices are reasonable, plus they are a great bunch of guys.
    04-16-09 04:41 PM
    I ordered the same T5 screws. I used a drill bit to deepen the holes just a smidge.

Try squeezing the faceplate against the midplate while tightening the screw. It should engage about 1-1/2 turns, which is sufficient.
    The holes in the battery comparrtment so the screw head goes recessed? Let me try.
    04-16-09 07:59 PM
    YOU GUYS ARE GENIUSES!

I could kiss y`all.
    04-16-09 08:27 PM
    go to gsm4world now and order a bunch of spares like i do
    04-16-09 11:35 PM
    Yep, I was gonna say the same thing about squeezing the unit together. I thought the same thing when I ordered screws for my 8320. Just had to apply some pressure in the right spot

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 03:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD