Okay so my Husband just got me my BB 8310 very first time to have a BB , and I notice on the phone in apps there is a place for all your pins, and also when putting on a new contact it ask for there pin # if any ....... WHAT i ask you whay ,,,,, is a oin? DO NOT make fun , because I am so new it is scary
    02-02-09 01:48 PM
    A pin is a unique code to your phone that allows you to send messages between yourself and other Blackberry's. The app you're looking at is Blackberry Messenger. It works as an IM program between Blackberry's. You can also just compose a regular pin to send a message to someone without it being on BBM. It would be more of an e-mail message type.
    02-02-09 01:50 PM
    Once you get familiar with your BB head on over to

http://forums.crackberry.com/f51/

and sign up your pins on topics in that area that interest you if you wish to meet some folks from CrackBerry. It can be quite fun at times. For now you have at least one buddy you can add (hubby) and go from there. I have 11 people on my list from this site and I have some nice chats with them, if texting is not your thing you can simply not use bbm there is no harm in letting it sit there unused.

Enjoy..
    02-02-09 01:54 PM
    OH wow TY SOOOOO Much for helping me out ...lol i was also woundering wht BB mess, was LL Ty again !!
    02-02-09 02:10 PM
    I have a question as as newbie as well....If/When you change your phone, upgrade, warranty, insurance, whatever. Does your pin change per phone, or is it like a phone number, and stays with you??
    02-02-09 02:12 PM
    I have a question as as newbie as well....If/When you change your phone, upgrade, warranty, insurance, whatever. Does your pin change per phone, or is it like a phone number, and stays with you??
    Your pin changes. Each pin is linked to each phone. That can't ever be changed.
    02-02-09 02:13 PM
    Your pin changes. Each pin is linked to each phone. That can't ever be changed.
    aha...o.k....just wondering...that kinda sucks, but it's all good!: P
    02-02-09 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD