Yesterday, I called att to add blackberry plan and a ? regarding voicemail. After the rep added the plan and we rebooted my phone continued to have a white screen and hour glass; for 2hrs. I then called att back and we removed the battery, the sim and still no change. After 4 hours with att reps and a transfer call to RIM it was announced dead at 11:30 PM last night. My perfect BB with never any problems dead. I will have a replacement sent (still under warranty; I got my BB last year on Dec. 19; never a problem, not even a dropped call) but it will be refurbished. Att said I had no other option. I started crying. I love my BB and it wont be the same. Anyone else have similar experiences? Are phones now so sophisticated that they just don't last very long? Oh and I lost my info that was stored on the phone.
    12-17-08 08:41 AM
    This is not something to cry about. The refurbished phone will most likely be very reliable. I was provided a refurb Pearl 8120 after I had an issue with my phone, and it runs like a top and looked brand new too. In the future, just sync your Curve with the Blackberry Device Manager that you can load on your home computer, and create a backup of your data. That way, if you ever lose phone or it breaks again, you can just replace the phone, plug it into your computer using Device Manager, and restore all the info you had on the phone before. No biggie at all.

Enjoy your refurb...I'm sure it will be just fine.
    12-17-08 08:58 AM
    Sad to hear that but you should have backed up your info before doing anything with the phone. I always make sure my phone is backed up every week in case my phone dies.

Phones these days are getting more and more intricate so there is a possibilty that it might die one day...nothing lasts forever as they say.

Sorry to hear about your loss though.
    12-17-08 08:59 AM
    Wow that really sucks. Most phones especially BBs are very reliable. I just hope you have a backup of stuff so you can just load it onto your new one. The refurbs are sometimes basically new. Say someone returns a bb after buying it cause they didn't like it they can't resell it as new. So they consider that refurb and it might have only been used a couple days.
    12-17-08 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD