Seems like a good idea, right? It's like 2008 all over again!
    09-23-13 08:04 AM
    Noo. How about just focusing on the tools part and making it really attractive. No need to mention "toy" I think.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 08:11 AM
    I think they SHOULD do that. Show off how the phone can help a busy business man stay connected and productive. Maybe hint at how the NSA can't spy on you too
    09-23-13 08:12 AM
    This works in 2008. Back then, the tools we needed to run a business were the best in emails, fast keyboard and a good battery life. Almost Anyone can offer these as well as BlackBerry does it. Now days, the tools are apps. If BlackBerry can't deliver these, most corporations will go see elsewhere.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 08:31 AM
    While they're at it, they may as well make the next BlackBerry without a camera.
    xandermac and BlackBerry Guy like this.
    09-23-13 09:48 AM
    I think they SHOULD do that. Show off how the phone can help a busy business man stay connected and productive. Maybe hint at how the NSA can't spy on you too
    I find this whole notion that somehow Blackberry products are the only products capable of doing business work to be incredibly naive and downright laughable. Last week, I attended a board meeting at an institution with a budget of 800 million per year; where each board member uses an Ipad during board meetings as they require an app called Dilligent BoardBooks (Diligent Boardbooks Most Widely-Used Secure Board Portal) to access any documentation, minutes, etc., for their meetings - an app that is not available on Blackberry of course - and the institution is thriving; despite the fact that they are using products not built by Blackberry. There are literally millions, if not billions, of individual people and companies using Apple and Android products to conduct their businesses. Given the state of mobile products today, the concept of "tools not toys" is simply out-dated and antiquated. And returning to it through the prosumer focus is nothing short of lunacy.
    09-23-13 10:19 AM
    So now the customers are done with BB...
    09-23-13 10:21 AM
    Here's the reason why "Tools not Toys" was a stupid marketing slogan. If you had a choice, what would you rather buy? A tool or a toy? Broccoli or chocolate? Be honest.
    09-23-13 10:25 AM
    Have been for a while now judging by sales.

So now the customers are done with BB...
    09-23-13 10:25 AM
    But they can.

Please stop spreading misinformation. If you are not on BES you are just like every other system out there.

Sure, let them focus on being a tool. Good luck getting the apps this tool needs to function in every working environment. People are using other OSs as tools. They have more users. That's where the money is.
    09-23-13 10:27 AM
    Isn't retro the in thing these days? How about re-relasing 7290?
    09-23-13 10:33 AM
    I don't think focusing on being tools is a good idea...BlackBerry needs to create a new image, not relate back to marketing tools they used years ago...they may be used more as tools rather than toys, although modern day business-people don't care nor think of BBRY as the business-tool of choice...they love the email and QWERTY keyboard, but its not the absolute deciding factor of their phone...they want a phone they can use during work and personal life, and because of the perception and apps people don't think BBRY can do that anymore...

create new marketing slogans/pictures/ideas and start fresh...stop reusing old ones!! BB10 should never have even been called BB10...should have created a new brand and market it as a entirely new OS and not related to the old BBOS
    09-23-13 10:38 AM
    So how about this, "We've got you all covered, sort of, the Pros & the 'Sumers" That's catchy, surely?

Or, "We can't say we're for Pros anymore, also we can't say we're for 'sumers, we can say we're for Prosumers... Blackberry, Changing direction, daily"...

It's hard because I don't really know what their direction is now. Downward probably.

I don't think focusing on being tools is a good idea...BlackBerry needs to create a new image, not relate back to marketing tools they used years ago...they may be used more as tools rather than toys, although modern day business-people don't care nor think of BBRY as the business-tool of choice...they love the email and QWERTY keyboard, but its not the absolute deciding factor of their phone...they want a phone they can use during work and personal life, and because of the perception and apps people don't think BBRY can do that anymore...

create new marketing slogans/pictures/ideas and start fresh...stop reusing old ones!! BB10 should never have even been called BB10...should have created a new brand and market it as a entirely new OS and not related to the old BBOS
    09-23-13 10:41 AM
    So how about this, "We've got you all covered, sort of, the Pros & the 'Sumers" That's catchy, surely?

Or, "We can't say we're for Pros anymore, also we can't say we're for 'sumers, we can say we're for Prosumers... Blackberry, Changing direction, daily"...

It's hard because I don't really know what their direction is now. Downward probably.
    or how about :

Blackberry ....coming soon...but not sure when...

Blackberry...coming soon....eventually

Blackberry....keep moving..you to other platform

Blackberry tools not toys (because we already tried to being toys but it's failed miserably)

Blackberry...wake up be bold pick gold ..new iphone 5S come with gold

Blackberry one brand, always promise, but not keeping it.
    Last edited by garnok; 09-23-13 at 11:03 AM.
    xandermac and anon(4314875) like this.
    09-23-13 10:49 AM
    The only tools at that company are their management and marketing teams.

Every device is a tool now. Blackberry stood still and the competition pretty much passed them up. In addition to being as good or better at communication and email, those devices have app portfolios that allow professionals and prosumers (lol) to do things that simply are not possible on a Blackberry device.

Tools allow you to get work done, and for too many people Blackberry does not fit that bill.
    09-23-13 10:54 AM
    I hope not. Another idea gone awry
    09-23-13 11:37 AM