Wouldn't that just be depressing? Lol

Posted via CB10
    you mean when you open the app and see 4 hour wait times at every ride? then you realize that if you spend 12 hours at the park @ $80/person, you'll be riding 3 rides? yes.
    02-26-13 02:44 PM
    you mean when you open the app and see 4 hour wait times at every ride? then you realize that if you spend 12 hours at the park @ $80/person, you'll be riding 3 rides? yes.
    That's exactly what I meant lol.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 02:51 PM
    I have a Nexus 4. The specs on the Nexus 4. beats aanything BB has. Android has thousands more apps available then BB. Android has so many more phones to choose from. These are just a few reasons people choose an Android device over a BlackBerry.
    I use an Android device.

Still, one can't assume Android devices are the best option for everyone. There are several things BBRY does well.
    02-26-13 03:17 PM
    So you're saying that potential consumers are going to switch over because they are "bored" of their current mobile OS?
    thats pretty much how a lot of consumers work. They like new things.
    Balti43 likes this.
    02-26-13 03:29 PM
    thats pretty much how a lot of consumers work. They like new things.
    Don't know, H. Consumer electronics seems to breed insane levels of loyalty too. I'm sure you've met folks that won't give option "x" a try because it had the wrong logo.
    02-26-13 03:32 PM
    Don't know, H. Consumer electronics seems to breed insane levels of loyalty too. I'm sure you've met folks that won't give option "x" a try because it had the wrong logo.
    I agree with you. Brand loyalty is huge.

But with consumers I think there are large portions who show strong brand loyalty and then a large portion who show no/little brand loyalty. Don't know what percentage its at but maybe it distributed like a bell-curve.

I'd say I'm not to brand loyal even though I seem like a fanboy of BB. I got my first iphone in 2009 and was happy I did. First bb in 2012. Back on my iphone after losing my bb and just waiting till I can get a BB10 device. Long story short I think we are the same in that its not about brand loyalty, its about what we like best.

As for the OP, I think herds migrate, right now obviously in the area of the US you were and for the most part US as whole has migrated to iOS/'droid. But Z10 just released and herds could easiliy migrate back. Even if its not a huge comeback I see BB gaining marketshare in the US over the next year.
    02-26-13 03:40 PM
    You're right of course. I wish brand disloyalty was more common though.

I've used the following phones as my daily driver: Nokia, Palm Treo, HTC Diamond, BB Bold, iPhone, Samsung GS3. Notice that they're all different OS'es, all different manufacturers. It's not because I became "bored" with the OS, it's because something better came up.
    02-26-13 03:43 PM
    You're right of course. I wish brand disloyalty was more common though.

I've used the following phones as my daily driver: Nokia, Palm Treo, HTC Diamond, BB Bold, iPhone, Samsung GS3. Notice that they're all different OS'es, all different manufacturers. It's not because I became "bored" with the OS, it's because something better came up.
    I got my brand disloyalty out of the way early: alcatel, sagem, Sony, Siemens, Motorola, Ericsson, Sony Ericsson, Samsung, nokia, HTC winmo, all various models singe 1997 or so till 2008 when I got my first BlackBerry, haven't looked back since then.

When you find something that fits you know.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 03:50 PM
    disneyland has an app that shows you real time updates for line wait times for android / ios. that's likely a huge part of that.
    yep, great app. Huge help on my iPhone when I took my family a few months ago. Unfortunately, most people here will say apps are useless.
    02-26-13 06:49 PM
    iPhones control the northeast, Florida, and California. Their stomping grounds
    02-26-13 06:51 PM
    I wasn't able to get past this...tourists walking around Disneyland toting iPads?? I'm a Californian and even I think that's super pretentious
    Yeah people were honestly taking pictures with iPads, i got on one of the rides and they announced no flash photography and made fun of people taking pictures with ipads saying that the people behind them didn't need to see a TV in front of them haha!
    02-26-13 08:03 PM
    +1

I was tweeting while in lines at Disneyland Paris with my ex last summer.
    With so many kids around in line you sometimes need a distraction of course while you walk around theres no need for phones because of the random shows going on around you but the lines. They're super long, probably spent 1/2 of the time in the theme parks waiting in line
    02-26-13 08:05 PM
    Yeah people were honestly taking pictures with iPads, i got on one of the rides and they announced no flash photography and made fun of people taking pictures with ipads saying that the people behind them didn't need to see a TV in front of them haha!
    I don't think I could bring myself to walk around and take pictures with my PlayBook (or any tablet). Very inconvenient lol.
    Balti43 likes this.
    02-26-13 08:05 PM
    disneyland has an app that shows you real time updates for line wait times for android / ios. that's likely a huge part of that.
    I didn't know anything about the app until an hour before i left, i was in line to eat and i saw a couple kids in front of me with an iphone and it had the name of rides and fast pass times and i asked them about it. but of course it was too late and it was my last day there. Maybe next time.
    02-26-13 08:07 PM
    Was in Peoria illinos a week ago. Wow apple owns that nothing else there. No samsung no BB no Nokia no Windows no anything but apple. Know the phrase will it fly in Peoria well damn.
    02-26-13 08:15 PM
    I'm seeing more and more each day... People are catching on.
    02-26-13 09:02 PM
    yep, great app. Huge help on my iPhone when I took my family a few months ago. Unfortunately, most people here will say apps are useless.
    See this is the thing that is pretty stupid. Not you personally Semi5.

Hundreds of thousands of apps in the app stores are useless. This is far too great of a generalization.

But heres the TRUTH.

You do not need an APP to check lines. These app-freaks need to WAKE UP.

How can an APP ofter any more info than a webpage can?? Have you used the web browser on an iOS device at all? I remember seeing my friend on stub-hub and I assume it was an app. It wasn't it was the web browser. Check it out. YOU DO NOT NEED AN APP FOR THESE TYPES OF THINGS.

What if you get to disneyland and you don't have the app? Then what. You have to downlaod an app. Why not just go to the broswer. You gotta assume it uses less bandwith. How does having an app give you any advantage??? It doesn't!

These app-freaks are actually a bad thing. You all don't realize the paradigm you push is a BAD thing for consumers. It doesnt matter though. Its inevitable you will be wrong. Mozilla is coming and has a lot of support. Theres Tizen, Ubunto, Jolla. BB10 is ALREADY HERE, despite being pronoucned too little too late and some even suggested it was vaporware. I wonder what these people say to themselves now. The world isn't die-hard app only as the US.

For everyone who goes to disneyland and doesn't have an ios/'droid device. You are not lost, it will be okay.

Theres an amazing thing called the browser. Its the new thing in mobile and will spell doom for apps as we know them.

Disneyland BlackBerry App | Disneyland

WDWParkHours.com - Custom Vacation Planning Calendar
    02-26-13 09:36 PM
    I don't think I could bring myself to walk around and take pictures with my PlayBook (or any tablet). Very inconvenient lol.
    I took a bunch with mine at ComiCon, San Diego a couple years ago. Actually got a lot of questions. And one guy who was even a pro photographer stopped me and asked about it. Said he thought about getting a tablet like it for checking out his photos on the fly.
    02-26-13 09:41 PM
    Idk just thought I'd share that experience.
    Apple and Android (Samsung) make what I call HERD devices, meant to appeal to the largest number of people. They don't specialize, in other words.

Blackberry doesn't need to be the #1 or #2 selling phone OS to succeed. Not even close. Their primary focus is enterprise, for people who want to use their phone to accomplish tasks, not just play Angry Birds, or Bubble Pop... They just released a brand new operating system, and are facing a barrage of negative US media publicity. Despite that, the phone is selling well in other markets, and they will survive. It's going to be a slow burn, but Blackberry isn't going anywhere. They are already ahead of Windows 8 phone in terms of positive media reviews and adoption.

Be happy. And it's only going to get better from here on.
    02-26-13 09:44 PM
    I went to Disney last year and I saw COUNTLESS iphones. I didn't see that many android devices but man, literally every way you turned there'd be someone holding their iphones or taking pictures with them. I was what I'd assume As one of the only people (besides the staff there that used way older blackberries) using one... Sad really.
    02-26-13 09:44 PM

Hundreds of thousands of apps in the app stores are useless. This is far too great of a generalization.

But heres the TRUTH.

How can an APP ofter any more info than a webpage can?? Have you used the web browser on an iOS device at all? I remember seeing my friend on stub-hub and I assume it was an app. It wasn't it was the web browser. Check it out. YOU DO NOT NEED AN APP FOR THESE TYPES OF THINGS.

What if you get to disneyland and you don't have the app? Then what. You have to downlaod an app. Why not just go to the broswer. You gotta assume it uses less bandwith. How does having an app give you any advantage??? It doesn't!

These app-freaks are actually a bad thing. You all don't realize the paradigm you push is a BAD thing for consumers. It doesnt matter though. Its inevitable you will be wrong. Mozilla is coming and has a lot of support. Theres Tizen, Ubunto, Jolla. BB10 is ALREADY HERE, despite being pronoucned too little too late and some even suggested it was vaporware. I wonder what these people say to themselves now. The world isn't die-hard app only as the US.

For everyone who goes to disneyland and doesn't have an ios/'droid device. You are not lost, it will be okay.

Theres an amazing thing called the browser. Its the new thing in mobile and will spell doom for apps as we know them.

Here is the thing though. Software developers LIKE to package a product as an app. It promotes the branding. Windows Phone had issues with that in WP and the hubs. They wanted app-makers to integrate to the hubs, but app-makers wanted their own distinct launcher icons, etc.

Same logic with web browser vs. apps. The app icon gives a visual brand association upon each use. Whereas a bookmark in a browser is just another bookmark/website, etc.

I am with you -- I prefer the focus be on great mobile websites. But that is un-winnable, I think. At least as things stand.
    02-26-13 09:47 PM
    I was on a disney cruise this past weekend and saw mostly blackberry and iPhones. It just depends where you ae.
    02-26-13 09:53 PM
    Yeah lots of the parks do. I was at Busch Gardens in Tampa last year waiting in a long line to ride a coaster. There was a couple in front of us that were trying to download the BG app onto their iPhone. At that time I had an Android phone and had tried installing it (before my trip) before finding out it had a 2-3GB map file with some issue that preventing it installing.

They must have tried to download that app for 30 minutes and it kept error-ing out on the map component install (probably due to the same issue I had). I think the poor lady killed her whole battery messing with that. And of course it being an iPhone that meant it was done. Lol.
    02-26-13 09:57 PM
    I went on a little 5 day vacation with my girlfriend to Disneyland and Santa Monica, California and boy was I surprised to see all the iPhones and Samsungs. I come from Tucson Arizona where many people still have blackberry's as well as people who have iPhone4/4s and rarely see many iphone5. But when i went to disneyland and you wait in line for the rides you see people distracting themselves with their mobile phones (of course signal was awful there i had 3G but the data was so clogged i couldn't even refresh CB forums much less look at Instagram updates) I was surprised to see nothing but iPhones and Samsung galaxy's SIII and notes. Many iPads as well. I did see a Canadian couple with a z10 and I honestly only noticed 1 Blackberry running the legacy OS. But it seemed that everyone and their mother had iPhones. Which made me a bit nervous, I myself have a iPhone5 (until z10 becomes available in the states.)

But i became nervous because it seems like even with the apps and the polished OS Its going to take a lot more than that to reel current iOS and Androids users much less to help them switch back. I'm hoping that the Z10 and Q10 make a big splash and i myself post many stories on FB from Crackberry just to try to educate people that there is more out there than just iOS and Android but this was a reality check to me.

Idk just thought I'd share that experience.
    Just out of curiosity, did you spot one single Windows Phone?
    02-26-13 09:58 PM

But heres the TRUTH.

LMAO! That's some comedy gold there! Look how well "just use your browser!" worked out for Blackberry so far. You can rant on all you like about "app freaks" guy, but guess what? Even Blackberry does it! "Apps! we have this app! we have that app! That other app is coming soon!" Your own beloved company does it. Deal with it.

I'm curious though... say I have this really awesome fitness app I've used for the last 2 years that syncs my workouts across devices, online, and PC's, has a huge library of exercises, allows me to create and edit my workouts, tracks my stats, and logs, and has built in stopwatch, reps, sets... how would your "just use your browser dood!" approach work there? lol. You really are quite amusing.
    02-26-13 10:02 PM
122 12345