I went on a little 5 day vacation with my girlfriend to Disneyland and Santa Monica, California and boy was I surprised to see all the iPhones and Samsungs. I come from Tucson Arizona where many people still have blackberry's as well as people who have iPhone4/4s and rarely see many iphone5. But when i went to disneyland and you wait in line for the rides you see people distracting themselves with their mobile phones (of course signal was awful there i had 3G but the data was so clogged i couldn't even refresh CB forums much less look at Instagram updates) I was surprised to see nothing but iPhones and Samsung galaxy's SIII and notes. Many iPads as well. I did see a Canadian couple with a z10 and I honestly only noticed 1 Blackberry running the legacy OS. But it seemed that everyone and their mother had iPhones. Which made me a bit nervous, I myself have a iPhone5 (until z10 becomes available in the states.)

But i became nervous because it seems like even with the apps and the polished OS Its going to take a lot more than that to reel current iOS and Androids users much less to help them switch back. I'm hoping that the Z10 and Q10 make a big splash and i myself post many stories on FB from Crackberry just to try to educate people that there is more out there than just iOS and Android but this was a reality check to me.

Idk just thought I'd share that experience.

UPDATE: July 20 2013
    I spent the past week in disneyland once again, and this time its a whole different story, Although I did see many iPhones i didn't see as much as i did in february. mostly saw samsung galaxies. AND i spotted a handful of blackberry 10's both Z and Q. and of course the old Nextel blackberry's that Sonoran tourist use. The only Window's phones i saw was in the attraction called Innovations, which is sponsored by Microsoft, honda and HP and they had HTC Window's devices on display played around with it for the first time and not bad, although the typing on any other phone can't compete with My Z... anyway thats a whole different topic.

thought I'd share Round 2 with you guys
    Last edited by Balti43; 07-20-13 at 06:47 PM.
    02-25-13 12:00 AM
    I went on a little 5 day vacation with my girlfriend to Disneyland and Santa Monica, California and boy was I surprised to see all the iPhones and Samsungs. I come from Tucson Arizona where many people still have blackberry's as well as people who have iPhone4/4s and rarely see many iphone5. But when i went to disneyland and you wait in line for the rides you see people distracting themselves with their mobile phones (of course signal was awful there i had 3G but the data was so clogged i couldn't even refresh CB forums much less look at Instagram updates) I was surprised to see nothing but iPhones and Samsung galaxy's SIII and notes. Many iPads as well. I did see a Canadian couple with a z10 and I honestly only noticed 1 Blackberry running the legacy OS. But it seemed that everyone and their mother had iPhones. Which made me a bit nervous, I myself have a iPhone5 (until z10 becomes available in the states.)

But i became nervous because it seems like even with the apps and the polished OS Its going to take a lot more than that to reel current iOS and Androids users much less to help them switch back. I'm hoping that the Z10 and Q10 make a big splash and i myself post many stories on FB from Crackberry just to try to educate people that there is more out there than just iOS and Android but this was a reality check to me.

It's gonna take a bit of work to stem the tide. For now, I think BBRY needs to simply establish some staying power. Consistency and quality will go far.

I think understanding why people use those other devices is key. Do we assume those people are stupid like some folks here do, or do we try to genuinely learn like Thor did?
    02-25-13 12:10 AM
    It is going to be a tough uphill battle, but as long as BBRY keeps innovating in regard to QNX, people will gravitate to BBRY. Once QNX can do something that no other platform can do and it has a big WOW factor, BB10 will have truly arrived. Not gonna happen overnight but it will happen.
    BergerKing and bungaboy like this.
    02-25-13 01:16 AM
    Bless this mess- Los Angeles
    02-25-13 01:18 AM
    Thats how it was with legacy bb before its fall. Everyone had one. Then the stock starts to drop over the years then its uncool then you have to rethink
    02-25-13 01:26 AM
    When I got my Z10 5 of my friends were on BlackBerry now I'm down to 2 ( yeah I'm popular lol)

Most of my friends have moved to windows (they would not listen to me) or to android. The funny thing is they seem to moan about these devices more than they ever did with a BlackBerry. I guess I'm a couple of years they will be back but it's hoe much damage every one leaving does to BlackBerry that is the problem.

I'm yet to see anouther Z10 out on the wild

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 01:41 AM
    Im in Japan and im surprised to see all the Iphones but thankfully the tide is turning and since Japanese love trends the Iphone will die quickly. I think Apple is getting scared and its why their ramping up their efforts in India.

I kind of think its rather sad seeing someone with an iphone. Honestly I kind of laugh inside everytime. Hey guys look at my icons im soo simple. Or even worse WINDOWS phone hahahah HEY GUYS I can look like a rainbow hahahaha. People with Androids in my mind are the people who had a clue.

Feel like Galaxy 3 is kind of a followers phone but still quality so I understand people want that phone.

The problem with the Iphone is that its Simple and FASHIONABLE Item for girls or Status symbol. Just like Luis Vuitton, there are other purses out there that have more space and are probably better quality. But since its Luis Vuitton it doesnt matter. Feel like the Iphone is the same thing.
    Monsterlad and bungaboy like this.
    02-25-13 02:44 AM

Should be changed your signal to 2G, hardly anybody is using that now days and while the speed is not great at least it's consistent. If you have EDGE that's pretty fast, faster than a slow 3G.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing, bungaboy and bombastic like this.
    02-25-13 02:48 AM
    There is so much interest for BlackBerry 10, Z10 and Q10! I'm honestly not worried and think BlackBerry is in pretty good position.

I'm just hoping that Sprint doesn't only carry the Q10, but also carry the Z10.
    02-25-13 02:58 AM
    Well, apple has always been really hotshots in design, minimalistic, simple and beautiful, and iOS as stale as it is, it's still a smooth OS, and they have the apps. GS3 on the other hand, has the screen and really cool features, but in my case, it's just too big for my pockets, and pebble blue or white only ?? r u kidding me ?? well Android being as versatile as it is, it's still buggy and too messy for me, my associate has android, both phone and tablet, the tablet doesn't work anymore and he's constantly rebooting the phone, he always does th reboot secretly, cause he knows I'll be over him with BB10.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-25-13 03:09 AM
    @ OP,
    I'm in school in Cincinnati Ohio and its crazy that all I see as well is iphones and galaxy s3's and 2's ipads and ipad mini's. Literally, I have probably seen 3 or 4 BB's. Hope the Z10 will help this but I wanna start seeing some good advertising soon from BB.

As I type this, there is a dude 2 seats away from me with a lumia 920. I almost feel like us underdogs need to be friends lol
    02-25-13 10:34 AM
    It's a sad day when people are in Disneyland and all they can do is bury their heads in their smartphones. Don't care which brand it is.
    02-25-13 10:39 AM
    There is so much interest for BlackBerry 10, Z10 and Q10! I'm honestly not worried and think BlackBerry is in pretty good position.

I'm just hoping that Sprint doesn't only carry the Q10, but also carry the Z10.
    I believe that it's safe to assume you aren't in the US? Outside of the Blackberry faithful, there is zero enthusiasm for BB10 in the US . I haven't seen a single add since the bizarre Super Bowl and nobody knows when it is coming. Their market share and reputation continue to plummet here. The majority of the times I ask someone if they know anybody with a Blackberry, they literally snicker. My son is in high school and only knows one person with one. I keep hearing stories of Canadian sales reps putting down the Z10 and trying to push Iphones and Android phones. It will be 10 times worse in US stores
    02-25-13 10:58 AM
    The states are gone to BB. Forget about them. There will be a million or so of us hardcore BB users but beyond that, forget it. Not that apple will dominate in the long run but, neither will BB.
    02-25-13 11:08 AM
    The US is almost a quarter of all Blackberry users. Do you honestly think they will survive without the US?
    02-25-13 11:44 AM
    Apparently the faithful do.
    02-25-13 11:45 AM
    Let me guess, it's a tool not a toy, just wait and it's the carriers fault? I applaud your enthusiasm and loyalty, but there is zero buzz in the US and market share is miniscule and dropping every day they aren't available here. If you think the Z10 is going to have a chance in the US against the S4, new iPhone and the rest of the phones being announced in the next few weeks, you are not being realistic
    02-25-13 11:53 AM
    (of course signal was awful there i had 3G but the data was so clogged i couldn't even refresh CB forums much less look at Instagram updates):
    May I ask how did you manage installing Instagram in your BLACKBERRY !!? Or were you using the browser?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 12:00 PM
    @ OP,
    I'm in school in Cincinnati Ohio and its crazy that all I see as well is iphones and galaxy s3's and 2's ipads and ipad mini's. Literally, I have probably seen 3 or 4 BB's. Hope the Z10 will help this but I wanna start seeing some good advertising soon from BB.

As I type this, there is a dude 2 seats away from me with a lumia 920. I almost feel like us underdogs need to be friends lol
    I am confident you will see it.
    From the day the Z10 was launched in Canada the TV and radio commercials have been constantly running in prime-time spots, on network and sports channels. I see or hear BlackBerry commercials everyday.
    Rello likes this.
    02-25-13 12:06 PM
    Notice how android people buy a new phone every other week? Spending lots of cash.

I fall in love with my bb.....BB users don't have to buy a different phone by another company every
    few months...we (I) don't get bored...never.....
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-25-13 12:33 PM
    Oh I've been for so long a BlackBerry user that my friends don't even bother anymore and now that I own my Z10, I can't wait to show them the new phone. I got it and came on vacation the same day. But of course they all wrote back to ask why I signed with BlackBerry Z10, hi hi, just send them the links ;-)

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 12:34 PM
    when I travel to the US, I notice the same thing. Sitting in O"Hare a couple weeks back, it was invasion of the iPhones. Landing back in Canada was nice.....BB's everywhere ....LOL

Its an uphill battle, but I also hear lots of people moaning about their iPhones and Droids, so all BB needs to do is keep their foot to the floor. Just because someone uses one brand doesn't mean they won't switch to something else ..... Just ask Blackberry
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-25-13 12:54 PM
    I am still using a legacy Berry and will probably go with the Q10 sometime this year.

I too made the jump to iPhone (4s) for a while. Why? Because 90 percent of my friends and business associates had 1. Many had Berries before they went iPhone and all told me they much preferred the iPhone over the Berry. So I tried it. After 2 months I sold it and went back to Black. Simply stated, I need to get sh*t done and can't be bothered with Siri nor 2 million apps nor mis typing errors. I preferred the way my Berry handled email, texts, and social. And the battery lasts for at least 10 hours longer.

I do have an Android. I like it well enough. I use it for leisure time and to deposit checks. My Berry does not have a remote check deposit app for my bank. If I had to choose only 1 phone, it wud be my 9780. And someday, my Q10.

My girlfriend has a MyTouch Android and wants an iPhone big time. She loves to "dictate" her texts and emails. And she simply is caught up in the apparent "status" of the iPhone. I can't convince her that a a Z10 would be the answer. Like the Disney crowd the op mentioned, she will soon tote an iPhone for "fashion" and to look currently trendy - in her opinion.

I think that Berry will always be here, but I hold no hope that it will ever be the dominant smartphone again. Ford invented the modern assembly line and can be credited with a lot regarding the modern Automobile, but I drive an Audi. There is room in the industry for many cars, like there is in the mobile phone industry for new phones. And who knows what is on the horizon. For all we know the new "Firefox" operating system will be the new standard in a few years and some new company like Dell will pick it up and start manufacturing smartphones with that platform.

I do think in America the younger users want Android or iPhone. It will be interesting to see how this changes in the next few years.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    pcguy514 likes this.
    02-25-13 01:05 PM
    Unsure what some expect... seing as the device is not available in the states yet... if BB10 had been out a couple of months I could understand the OP point of view..... one thing that seems to be lost on many is that BB does not have do sales like Apple or Samsung which have really high expectations on them.... to reach profitabilty BB only need 18 million per year by reports... anyting else makes it a hti....
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-25-13 01:26 PM
    Im in Japan and im surprised to see all the Iphones but thankfully the tide is turning and since Japanese love trends the Iphone will die quickly. I think Apple is getting scared and its why their ramping up their efforts in India.

I kind of think its rather sad seeing someone with an iphone. Honestly I kind of laugh inside everytime. Hey guys look at my icons im soo simple. Or even worse WINDOWS phone hahahah HEY GUYS I can look like a rainbow hahahaha. People with Androids in my mind are the people who had a clue.

Feel like Galaxy 3 is kind of a followers phone but still quality so I understand people want that phone.

The problem with the Iphone is that its Simple and FASHIONABLE Item for girls or Status symbol. Just like Luis Vuitton, there are other purses out there that have more space and are probably better quality. But since its Luis Vuitton it doesnt matter. Feel like the Iphone is the same thing.
    Yeah, I'm sure Apple is running scared now that BB is out with a new phone.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    02-25-13 01:30 PM
122 123 ...