And I was wondering what I SHOULD know about the different ones.

Yesterday I was heading to the movies and someone gave me a "shortcut" and I wasn't sure about it so I clicked on BB Maps and was in awe to see it find where I was and then let me scroll up on the map to see where I was heading, which was in fact the right way.

I've heard about TeleNav, and Google Maps... what's the difference between all these applications? And which one let's me see "traffic" and helps me find a way around it?
    04-18-08 11:46 AM
    I've heard about TeleNav, and Google Maps... what's the difference between all these applications? And which one let's me see "traffic" and helps me find a way around it?
    Some are free such as BB Maps, Google Maps, Nav4all and Amaze and some require purchase such as Telenav, Garmin, etc.

I'm not aware of any BB solutions which are yet tied into traffic conditions.

BB Maps and Google Maps provide more mapping functionality while some of the errors emulate more of the standalone vehicle GPS routing units such as Garmin, TomTom, Magellan, etc.

I could never get Nav4all to work but Amaze (free) does work fine for me if I install it with Allow permissions for everything as part of the initial install. Amaze provides voice navigation too. The user interface is non-standard for a Blackberry but the program seems excellent and provides what the others such as Telenav and Garmin provide, as far as I know.
    04-19-08 06:40 AM
    sprint navigation does do traffic and construction..but mostly only in major areas...it doesn't really hit the small spots very much
    04-19-08 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD