explain what exactly what this procedure actually does?? is it like defragmentizing on a pc?

I notice my device memory increases just a tad, but thats it. thanks!
    03-25-09 11:02 AM
    All a battery pull will do is restart your phone, much like restarting your computer. This is done primarily to free up your file free memory (I'm guessing you meant that instead of Device Memory).

May I suggest downloading QuickPull from CB? This is a battery pull without having to take out the battery. You can also do Left Alt, Right Shift, Delete.

NOTE: I don't usually pull my battery unless I notice my phone really lagging...
    03-25-09 11:06 AM
    This is done primarily to free up your file free memory (I'm guessing you meant that instead of Device Memory).
    I rarely know what I mean thats why I rely on all of you.

thanks for the download tip, I will do that.

(OT: your avatar pic is the same one I used when I first joined Twitter!)
    03-25-09 11:13 AM
    Bob is awesome.

Anyway, the more file free memory you have the more apps you can load on your phone and the faster your apps will run and you'll enjoy a more responsive phone experience. I've noticed though, that as long as you're above 12MB (will show as 12,000,000 file free), you should be ok.
    03-25-09 11:16 AM
    The only time I do a battery pull is when my bb is crazy slow. I don't do it like every other day or on a schedule or anything. Just when you notice it being slower then normal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 11:33 AM
    Just imagine using your computer for a week. Downloading music, receiving data and never shutting it down not once. Same goes for the phone. Needs a good refresh.
    03-25-09 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD