Just like the title says I need some advice on what my next Blackberry goal should be. I want something like the 8700c except smaller. If I could get a BOLD I would but I can't . Any suggestions guys?
    01-20-09 10:03 PM
    Why cant you get a bold? And how long can you get by with your 8700? is it on its last leg or can you hold onto it for a month or so?
    01-20-09 10:14 PM
    I can't get the bold because of the whole money issue haha. How much does it cost again? 600 dollars? UGH
    01-20-09 10:19 PM
    and to answer your other question the phone is a hand me down in very decent condition. It could last a very long time.

I am just craving a bold because I like the fact that it can hold a microSD card and it has more memory, a camera....it's just a complete upgrade from the 8700c. I have blackberry syndrome. Now that I've tasted a blackberry I can't seem to stop thinking about it and I want the best.

The storm isn't for me either. I hate touch screens.
    01-20-09 10:25 PM
    Are you eligible for an upgrade? That would make it considerably cheaper than the 549.99 full retail. If you needed a device now, the curve is smaller, and much more affordable. But if you can hang on for a little while, another version of the Curve will be out with improved features, and most likely priced between the original Curve and the Bold.
    01-20-09 10:27 PM
    and to answer your other question the phone is a hand me down in very decent condition. It could last a very long time.

I am just craving a bold because I like the fact that it can hold a microSD card and it has more memory, a camera....it's just a complete upgrade from the 8700c. I have blackberry syndrome. Now that I've tasted a blackberry I can't seem to stop thinking about it and I want the best.

The storm isn't for me either. I hate touch screens.
    That's awesome, I'm glad someone shared with you the greatness that is Blackberry. And once you have one, its very tough to use another device/OS as your primary device.
    01-20-09 10:28 PM
    You know I should honestly be eligible for an upgrade right around now. Haha!
    I just need the money, I can last quite a while without upgrading it's just i'm so addicted to the Bold. I fell in love with it when I read about Kevin getting one of three Bold's off of ebay.

So yeah!

If that curve is better than the bold then by all means I'll get the curve. But as of right now i'm deadlocked on the bold.

It's so pretty and I'm sure they are going to come up with OS upgrades for it for a while.
    The 8700c is now so ancient, 4.5 is it's last OS :[.

But it works perfectly. It's a champ I want something that performs just as well as it. Before I buy though I will definitely be going into an at&t store to play around with the Curve keyboard and the Bold keyboard. Because that's what makes the blackberry so perfect. It's keyboard size
    01-20-09 10:32 PM
    Well the Curve isn't necessarily better/worse than the Bold. It has a slightly smaller keypad, smaller phone overall, no WiFi, no 3G, and a slower processor currently. But you should check it out, its very reliable, as is the pearl.
    01-20-09 10:36 PM
    I think I will be saving up for the Bold .

I like my 8700c keyboard and the bold reminded me of it so much. So many decisions. Well at least i'm broke, so I can think about curve or Bold until I get the money saved up!
    01-20-09 10:40 PM
    Get what you can afford. My 8700 was a favorite of mine and I handed that down to my son who is in love with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 11:06 PM
    Save your $$$$$ and get the bb you want I want the bold too!!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 11:57 PM
    ATT eventually offers refurb phones at a cheaper price than brand new. For example you can get the Curve for 149 new, OR 99 refurb. The iphone just joined the refurb lineup. The Bold is too new to have a refurb offered, BUT this will not always be the case. Give it a few months and you should be able to get a refurb Bold for 50 to 100 less than a brand new one. Also keep checking for specials.
    01-21-09 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD