and i selected the format card option...now how do i move pictures/ringtones/etc to the the card? got my first bb a little over a month ago so i'm pretty new to the whole thing...can anyone help?? thanks!
    03-29-09 12:57 PM
    If you select a picture currently stored on your device memory you'd have to hit the menu button and select "move." From there you can move it to your memory card. Same goes for ringtones.

The other option you have is to use the very slow Roxio Media Manager in desktop manager to move all those things in mass.
    03-29-09 01:00 PM
    hmmm-tried that and it doesn't seem to be a selectable option....when i click move there's no option for the memory card-did i do something incorrectly?
    03-29-09 01:07 PM
    aha! girlfriend figured it out...figures. thanks for the quick response!
    03-29-09 01:07 PM
    There should be a folder that says "memory card."
    03-29-09 01:08 PM
    Ok good stuff!
    03-29-09 01:09 PM
    gah! another issue! i got the pictures to move, but when i try to move the ringtones i downloaded from zedge, there isn't an option to move them to the media card!! any ideas?
    03-29-09 01:23 PM
    gah! another issue! i got the pictures to move, but when i try to move the ringtones i downloaded from zedge, there isn't an option to move them to the media card!! any ideas?
    Ringtones should be loaded on the devices memory and not on the SD card.
    03-29-09 01:27 PM
    Try to do it through the roxio media manager that I mentioned above.
    03-29-09 01:28 PM
    as soon as i'm on my home comp i'll give it a go and see what happens, thanks for all the help!
    03-29-09 01:30 PM
    With my Storm it detects two removable media devices each time I connect. One is the device and other is the card. And, again on my Storm, all the extra ringtones I have downloaded went to the Ringtones folder of the card when I downloaded them. Can't speak for others models, haven't used them.
    03-29-09 01:52 PM
    cool-thanks for the replies everyone. however, there's another thing maybe ya'll can help me with...when i open up my DM the media manager doesn't show up, the only options that come up are synchronize, backup and restore, application loader, and switch device wizard-any ideas on this one folks?
    03-29-09 02:41 PM
    cool-thanks for the replies everyone. however, there's another thing maybe ya'll can help me with...when i open up my DM the media manager doesn't show up, the only options that come up are synchronize, backup and restore, application loader, and switch device wizard-any ideas on this one folks?
    I dont use media manager just throwing out a suggestion.

With your new card it might be easier for you to just try Mass Storge Mode
    options>media card>mass storage mode support = ON. Once you have done that its as simple as plugging in the device (via the USB cord) and dragging and dropping what you wish to and from the BB/PC. Treat it like you would any other flash/removable drive. Browse "my computer" and look for blackberry listed as one of the drives...
    03-29-09 02:51 PM
    I dont use media manager just throwing out a suggestion.

With your new card it might be easier for you to just try Mass Storge Mode
    options>media card>mass storage mode support = ON. Once you have done that its as simple as plugging in the device (via the USB cord) and dragging and dropping what you wish to and from the BB/PC. Treat it like you would any other flash/removable drive. Browse "my computer" and look for blackberry listed as one of the drives...
    The only problem is that I don't think mass storage allows you to explore the device memory. I could be wrong though.....
    03-29-09 02:56 PM
    Yes you are right. I thought he resolved the first issue and was just looking to move things onto the card now that it was installed - working... Also just showing now with a media card MM is not the only solution for managing files.
    03-29-09 02:58 PM
    Yes you are right. I thought he resolved the first issue and was just looking to move things onto the card now that it was installed - working... Also just showing now with a media card MM is not the only solution for managing files.
    basically where i'm at now is i figured out how to move pictures to the media card, i just thought maybe i could move my ringtones there as well as to expand my device memory-can't seem to be able to do it though. is it even really that necessary?
    03-29-09 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD