Can you now get your entire message and have the HTML render properly? Can you download anything > 5MB with your $30 data plan? Can you sync your entire PIM, not just inbox, but subfolders, contacts and calendar without connecting to your PC? Maybe by the time BBOS 6 comes out RIM will stop making up pay the BES tax and still not do the basics.

I am a BB user for almost 7 years, but there is nothing new or innovative coming out of Waterloo these days.
    I agree they has been nothing innovative in years for the blackberry but it still is a solid device with a solid os (247 here). The iphone 3gs is apples third phone and still lacks basic functions that my 8 year old nokia can do. Apple have brought a wonderful UI to a touchscreen device but they lack what is needed to understand what's expected by the end user. Undeniabley the browser and apps like youtube are wonderful but that's where it end. Give me wordwrap RIM and I'm a happy bunny.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-09 01:55 PM
    so typical apple to charge on a little change
    reminds me of my macbook which came with wireless n
    BUT you had to pay like what either 1 or 3 dollars to enable it
    such a shame
    06-14-09 01:58 PM
    accept for the fact that a iPhone is still not a multi tasking device..
    Jailbreak + Backgrounder = multitasking
    06-14-09 01:58 PM
    so typical apple to charge on a little change
    reminds me of my macbook which came with wireless n
    BUT you had to pay like what either 1 or 3 dollars to enable it
    such a shame
    THAT I agree with. As a consumer, I HATTEE the way Apple charges us for useless crap. But in a business view, they're freakin brilliant.
    06-14-09 01:59 PM
    Jailbreak + Backgrounder = multitasking
    Dog born in a stable does not a horse make.

06-14-09 02:01 PM
    Ummm, I thought this was a Blackberry forum....
    06-14-09 02:23 PM
    Yes, the fanboys are all coming out.
    06-14-09 02:24 PM
    I agree they has been nothing innovative in years for the blackberry but it still is a solid device with a solid os (247 here). The iphone 3gs is apples third phone and still lacks basic functions that my 8 year old nokia can do. Apple have brought a wonderful UI to a touchscreen device but they lack what is needed to understand what's expected by the end user. Undeniabley the browser and apps like youtube are wonderful but that's where it end. Give me wordwrap RIM and I'm a happy bunny.

I don't deny that BB produces a solid OS (except for the Storm), my Curve on BES will probably be my favorite device for years to come. But my point is, RIM has made it's name on the strength of it's enterprise connectivity and email, and honestly, right now WebOS, Android, and the iPhone OS all do a better job.

In this case it is RIM making us pay extra for what everyone else already does out of the box. I am getting an iPhone because it will keep me connected to my small business better than the Storm. I can't afford, BES for my small shop and the iPhone will allow me: connection to my intranet with WIFI, the ability to browse and modify files on my network, sync all of my PIM data wirelessly and download without an antiquated 5MB file size limit.

Except for my iPod classic, I have never owned any other Apple products, so there is no fanboism here, my last 7 business devices have all been BBs. I didn't even give Apple a serious look until now but the economics tell me that right now RIM is not the best deal, you are required to pay too much and still don't even get all of the basics. All of the apps and the slick UI are just a plus on the Jesus Phone.

Now how can this or my previous post be considered being a fanboy?
    Last edited by armedtank; 06-14-09 at 02:28 PM.
    06-14-09 02:25 PM
    Um...who cares? A year and a half and I've never sent nor received one. Whoopdadeedoo
    I don't care what you have or haven't done. That's not what I asked. Save your pathetic solipsistic diatribes for the Trolls.
    My neice can't MMS pictures to me. She has to email them. All phones do not receive email.
    Someone elses comment sounded like all of AT&T didn't have MMS. I didn't know that.

06-14-09 03:15 PM
    I don't care what you have or haven't done. That's not what I asked. Save your pathetic solipsistic diatribes for the Trolls.
    My neice can't MMS pictures to me. She has to email them. All phones do not receive email.
    Someone elses comment sounded like all of AT&T didn't have MMS. I didn't know that.

Exactly. MMS is so very basic, and what the other poster says is completely anecdotal. The fact is that most people with a phone capable of it DO use MMS. And no, it's not all of AT&T, but I do think AT&T is the hold-up on letting the iPhone have MMS. I think that's supposed to be remedied this month.
    06-14-09 09:06 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD