hey guys so I love my blackberry curve sooo much but i do really want the bold although somebody needs to make me a theme with some pink and purple in it...but aside from that my question is this...I have a red curve of att and I got it this yr with an upgrade, so i cant use an upgrade for two years!!! so i have tp spend 550 dollars...should I do it... or wait it out? cause i gotta tell you im getting a bit jealous when i see them...but 550 is a lot for a phone...
If i pay 550 I dont have to extend my contract. Thanks guy for all your input, i do love my curve and I do think that 550 is too much, i will probably stay with my curve and colorware it? LOL. thanks guys again very smart peeps on here gotta say.
If you are 6 months or more into your 2 year AT&T contract you can qualify for an "Exceptional Upgrade" which means that you can pay $75 and get the phone at the 2 yr price instead of full price and you still qualify for the Mail in Rebate. Keep in mind that by using this method you are extending your contract for another 2 years from the date of upgrade.
if you have had ur phone for at least 6 months then u can get an exception upgrade ( 1yr contract pricing for a new 2 yr contract which is usually 75.00 difference) and HEEEELLLLLLLZZZZZZZ yeah it's worth it!!!!
If I had the money I wouldn't mind spending it on the Bold!!!!
I have the money and there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY I am wasting it on
a cell phone. Sorry, nice, sick, bad a$$, or whatever other euphemisms get
thrown around about whatever is new and hot, that is to me just ridiculous.
If I were the OP, with a functioning phone, I'd wait. The price will come down.
Oh wait. That's exactly what I'm doing.
Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 11-10-08 at 11:26 PM.
I had the Curve and it was and is a great phone. I got the Bold because I need it for work. $550 is a lot of money if you are running tight right now. Maybe waiting a while it may come down who knows. You have a great phone right now so don't feel badly.
It's up to you on your wants and needs. It sounds like this is more a WANT than anything else, and it will come at a price tag. And we're all human, so we always want the newest and the best.
If you feel that the $550 will buy happiness for the next few months, then go ahead. Otherwise, don't get it knowing that $550 can be half a mortgage payment or groceries for a few weeks, etc. Plus, prices do come down when the next best thing comes. Will you then be in the same boat in figuring whether you can spend $600 to replace your Bold?
Its a really awesome phone, but I would not pay full retail for it unless I just didn't want a contract. I've paid $700 for unlocked Nokia phones and I'm ok with that with the feature set that they carry and being unlocked, but I don't know that I'd pay full retail for the Bold-and they are not selling them with no committment right now so you would be signed in to a 2 year contract and pay full retail price. Not exactly a good deal IMO.
I lucked out since my wife is switching over to AT&T, I went ahead and added a line, got myself the Bold on that line and am going to give her my Nokia N95 when her contract expires with VZW next month.
CrackBerry is in no way Affiliated with BlackBerry. We take pride in our unbiased content, however do occasionally receive free products from vendors that we review or discuss. For more info click here.