okay, my curve 8320wifi doesnt work with my home router, the wifi works everywhere but my house. my router runs an WPA instead of WEP. but when i change the settings on the router to WEP, my whole network is down, not one computer is connected. i had to reset my whole router all over again because of it. and i am relle made because i get no service at my house at all. POOR! i need this wifi to work. PLEASE HELP!
    11-15-09 04:31 PM
    WEP is a more secure standard. If you take the trouble to switch all your computers to WEP, your network will be somewhat more secure. That may or may not matter, depending on where you live and how close your neighbors are. But it will solve your BlackBerry connection problem.
    11-15-09 04:41 PM
    how do you change all your computers and everything else thats hooked up to it to WEP?
    Last edited by Curve.Bk; 11-15-09 at 04:53 PM.
    11-15-09 04:43 PM
    I can't help you set up your network, but it may be as simple as disconnecting the computers, letting the router find them, and selecting WEP is the protocol. Some routers also let you save the configuration to a USB stick and add additional computers to the network simply by putting the stick in a USB port and running the configuration program that the router puts on the stick.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 05:01 PM
    okay, my curve 8320wifi doesnt work with my home router, the wifi works everywhere but my house. my router runs an WPA instead of WEP. but when i change the settings on the router to WEP, my whole network is down, not one computer is connected. i had to reset my whole router all over again because of it. and i am relle made because i get no service at my house at all. POOR! i need this wifi to work. PLEASE HELP!

No reason to change the network. WPA/WPA2 works fine, I also setup MAC control list as well. if someone is able to login figuring my WPA password then they also need a MAC address on my allow list.

I did have an issue after upgrading my OS on my BOLD, I had to remove the network profile on my phone and then readd, but it did work for me.
    11-15-09 05:36 PM
    WPA is more secure than WEP. I use WPA with my 8320 with no problems.

11-15-09 05:40 PM
    WEP is a more secure standard. If you take the trouble to switch all your computers to WEP, your network will be somewhat more secure. That may or may not matter, depending on where you live and how close your neighbors are. But it will solve your BlackBerry connection problem.
    Not true at all. WPA is way more secure than WEP.
    11-15-09 05:46 PM

Not true at all. WPA is way more secure than WEP.
    A simple Google search easily confirms you are both correct. Thank you for correcting my erroneous post.
    11-15-09 07:11 PM

How did you get it to work?! this is my problem! my network is WPA/2Personal and when i scan for networks their is none. i simply do not get this. when i go to do a manuel add for the network, WPA is not even an option. is it my blackberry software?
    11-15-09 07:47 PM
    is it my router? or mybe the software on my bb. i have v.4.5.0.81
    11-15-09 07:54 PM
    You say your network is not detected, are you sure your router is broadcasting the SSID? Have you tried to manually add your network?
    11-15-09 08:03 PM
    You say your network is not detected, are you sure your router is broadcasting the SSID? Have you tried to manually add your network?
    yes, my SSID is the same as my router name. or does it have to be different? and yes i have tried to manuely add it too, still didnt work beacuse it dosent give me an option to do WPA. but than i tried to use PSK and still didnt work.
    11-15-09 08:14 PM
    PSK is what you should be able to use. If you cannot find your network by scanning for it, and you cannot manually add it, either your router is not broadcasting or the wireless on your phone is not working correctly.
    11-15-09 08:29 PM
    PSK is what you should be able to use. If you cannot find your network by scanning for it, and you cannot manually add it, either your router is not broadcasting or the wireless on your phone is not working correctly.
    i no the wireless is working because i can connect to pulic locations fine.
    11-15-09 08:37 PM
    Have you made sure that your router is actually broadcasting it's SSID?
    11-15-09 08:38 PM
    yes it is broadcasting, i have a linksys router, if that helps.
    11-15-09 08:45 PM
    I would try to shut off the security on the router, then try to connect from your BB. If you are able to connect then turn the security back on and then try again to connect with your BB.
    11-15-09 08:55 PM
    Is the router an "N" router? I believe that BlackBerry has a problem connecting with that band.
    11-15-09 08:57 PM
    Is the router an "N" router? I believe that BlackBerry has a problem connecting with that band.
    how would i no if it is an N router?
    11-15-09 09:01 PM
    What is the model number of your router?
    11-15-09 09:03 PM
    I would try to shut off the security on the router, then try to connect from your BB. If you are able to connect then turn the security back on and then try again to connect with your BB.
    okay, just did that, once i turned security off, i was able to find the network. but once i wanted to connect it said the error W0010 or somthing like that.
    11-15-09 09:06 PM
    What is the model number of your router?
    linksys WRT160Nv2
    11-15-09 09:07 PM
    That is an N router, you can change that to use just G. I would try to reboot your router and then try to connect.
    11-15-09 09:10 PM
    omg! i did it. on my router settings where it says, mixed, b-mixed ext. i did the wireless b and it worked in like 3 seconds i found the connection and connected. YES!!!!!!!!!
    11-15-09 09:12 PM
    I would switch to wireless G if you are connecting a laptop or a desktop wirelessly, then try again.
    11-15-09 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD