Looking at instagram, they're putting the priv on the subway in new york, billboards, this and that. Why didn't they do this for bb10?!

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 11:02 AM
    Looking at instagram, they're putting the priv on the subway in new york, billboards, this and that. Why didn't they do this for bb10?!

Posted via CB10
    Because either :

1/ They have a CEO about as smart as a box of rocks

Or

2/ They have a CEO and a board that did not wish for BB10 to succeed

I realize both sound ridiculous... but there really are no other plausible reasons.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 11:25 AM
    but there really are no other plausible reasons.
    Of course there are, and you have been here long enough to know exactly what they are.
    11-26-15 11:33 AM
    but there really are no other plausible reasons.

Posted via CB10
    It was clear with the initial flurry of advertising at launch that BB10 was not going to gain much traction outside of the BlackBerry faithful.

Spending good money after bad was not going to change anything.
    11-26-15 11:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    they did this in many places for the z10 launch....
    11-26-15 11:56 AM
    Of course there are, and you have been here long enough to know exactly what they are.
    Of course when the cell phone industry decided to push android and iphones, BlackBerry was not allowed to publicly advertise the original BlackBerry (RIM) brand. The only way for them to get back in the game of public advertising was to create a new breed of so-called BlackBerry products. So upper brass military wants a brand of cell phones exclusive for their use only, and since BlackBerry was already fulfilling that, the next agenda was convincing the public to go android or iphones. I thought everyone knew this.

Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 12:03 PM
    Initial BlackBerry 10 yes. BlackBerry 10.3.2 today no.(compare iOS and Android of early 2013) Had coffee with a great friend this past week who was a Bold 9900 user. Then his health care company went with Microsoft and Apple mobile phones. He had the 5s and now has been upgraded to the new 6s. We were discussing mobility and communications and it's importance to us. Me with my own business and managing 1500+ work emails a week and him as a director for a large health care company. Despite any of the who wins, who is better OS nonsense we both 100 percent agreed BlackBerry beats any and all in the communication realm. (which is really what mobility is about) Even the newest iOS is crap when is comes to email management, as is Android on my tablet(s). That BlackBerry could not market their continually improving BlackBerry 10 better and effectively to get passed old views was their necessity to build an Android device. (and kill the app gap perception) I let him use my Z30 and he was completely and wholeheartedly impressed. (loved peek and flow and the Hub. Also active frames, multiple apps, swiping and Blend) Said if he had a choice he would 100 percent still be using BlackBerry. Sad truth that most of us know. This being said I'll happily continue to use BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry 10 devices until there is something, for my needs, that works better.

Z30 wickedness
    11-26-15 12:06 PM
    They've done this with multiple bb10 phones. Nothing new here.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-26-15 12:09 PM
    Because either :

1/ They have a CEO about as smart as a box of rocks

Or

2/ They have a CEO and a board that did not wish for BB10 to succeed

I realize both sound ridiculous... but there really are no other plausible reasons.

Posted via CB10

Perhaps a lack of capital to fully advertise well?
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    11-26-15 12:10 PM
    I believe this is because they now have a product that is marketable to the masses. Government, military, or highly regulated businesses don't select products based billboards. Fan consumers are already fans, so they don't need advertised to.

Billions of dollars in ads would have never won over an app addicted iOS or Android user. Windows Phone faces the same problem.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on Priv
    11-26-15 12:18 PM
    Initial BlackBerry 10 yes. BlackBerry 10.3.2 today no.(compare iOS and Android of early 2013) Had coffee with a great friend this past week who was a Bold 9900 user. Then his health care company went with Microsoft and Apple mobile phones. He had the 5s and now has been upgraded to the new 6s. We were discussing mobility and communications and it's importance to us. Me with my own business and managing 1500+ work emails a week and him as a director for a large health care company. Despite any of the who wins, who is better OS nonsense we both 100 percent agreed BlackBerry beats any and all in the communication realm. (which is really what mobility is about) Even the newest iOS is crap when is comes to email management, as is Android on my tablet(s). That BlackBerry could not market their continually improving BlackBerry 10 better and effectively to get passed old views was their necessity to build an Android device. (and kill the app gap perception) I let him use my Z30 and he was completely and wholeheartedly impressed. (loved peek and flow and the Hub. Also active frames, multiple apps, swiping and Blend) Said if he had a choice he would 100 percent still be using BlackBerry. Sad truth that most of us know. This being said I'll happily continue to use BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry 10 devices until there is something, for my needs, that works better.

Z30 wickedness
    iOS email is actually very good with email management. Where do you find it lacking?
    11-26-15 12:32 PM
    If you can go to the mall and show a Passport and a Z30 to the first 100 people and get even 2 of them to recognize what they are... without saying something like " I didn't know BlackBerry still existed... " then I will agree.

Hint... it won't happen.

Posted via CB10
    KAM1138 likes this.
    11-26-15 12:38 PM
    They've done this with multiple bb10 phones. Nothing new here.

No they haven't.

They did for one model, the Z10... nothing else. It was a horribly poor marketing campaign for an immature product.

Today is completely different. And there is no excuse for never having advertised since then.

Posted via CB10
    KAM1138 and Blacklatino like this.
    11-26-15 12:47 PM
    I don't know if I want to take a look at any major advertising they're doing because the 'minor' advertising is so poor. The ads that pop up for me are hideous and embarrassing. Even this one, today, is a mess... mixed fonts, trashing their branding... it's like they have no marketing department. This kind of thing is important; it's what actually made Apple Apple. So all of a sudden BlackBerry is advertising...-img_20151126_111138.jpg
    epee and Stephen Cooper like this.
    11-26-15 01:20 PM
    iOS email is actually very good with email management. Where do you find it lacking?
    Attachments....

Q10Bold likes this.
    11-26-15 01:23 PM
    Attachments....

Yeah you can use attachments in ios9
    11-26-15 01:32 PM
    So you can compose or reply to an email and attach multiple attachments with different extensions? You can attach attachments from other emails in the inbox?

News to me......

goodayeh, sidhuk, Q10Bold and 1 others like this.
    11-26-15 01:51 PM
    No, billions of dollars in ads for a niche market product would not have won over the masses.

But effective marketing to the appropriate customer might have built a sustainable business model for BB10.

The fact that there are millions of users who prefer BB10 over other platforms, and in order to pursue a BB10 device, these users had to work pretty hard (i.e. no help from carriers etc.) is for me the irrefutable proof that there IS a larger market for BB10 than the current existing user base. Possibly 10s of millions more. It is absolute nonsense to say that all Android and iOS users PREFER their current OS to BB10, because they don't know about BB10.

Getting the message to that audience is challenging, granted, but it shows BB's management's mettle when they didn't really try all that hard (and I mean also not just in the presence of marketing, but the message and the strategy.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151126_111138.jpg 
Views:	2534 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	382213
    My god, that looks like someone just got Windows 3.0 + Microsoft Word for Windows + Adobe Type Manager and went to town. Is it some kind of attempt at "Retro" appeal i.e. awkward typeface abuse a-la:

And the use of "Priv" style branding to advertise BB10 devices is revolting to me.
    dararede, KAM1138, epee and 1 others like this.
    11-26-15 01:56 PM
    So you can compose or reply to an email and attach multiple attachments with different extensions? You can attach attachments from other emails in the inbox?

News to me......

Somehow major corporations across the globe are getting by. Maybe needing to do this is rather remote?
    11-26-15 02:03 PM
    Somehow major corporations across the globe are getting by. Maybe needing to do this is rather remote?
    They put up with it and choose to work around it ... which blows my mind....but I digress. It's a function people in all business segments across the planet on the road use everyday all day. Some might even say more than using 3rd party apps ... but let's not get into that argument

sidhuk and Prem WatsApp like this.
    11-26-15 02:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    Probably because they had no confidence in it.

Jerry A and heepman like this.
    11-26-15 02:21 PM

News to me......

Yes you can. Because you weren't aware of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    11-26-15 02:39 PM
    Yes you can. Because you weren't aware of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    Your sarcasm detector is broken.... because no you can't do any of the things I noted. File management on iOS is.... well, it doesn't have it, so not sure it would even be fair to call it crap. But you knew that, I suspect you're just trying to get a rise out of some folks here....you like to do that. While we are at it about iOS email, the search functionality on iOS is dodgy as well and the UI looks like a joke.

Toodeurep likes this.
    11-26-15 02:53 PM
    It's all a big conspiracy, I tell you! LOL!

11-26-15 03:02 PM
    We lost Internet at work once. iOS folks were SOL. I had to help one out by transferring file from computer to my previous Z30 phone then email.

But then we have App work arounds.

 Passport SE 
    11-26-15 03:43 PM
389 123 ...