I've been trying to get snapchat for some time and I haven't found it. Blackberry and amazon do not have any clients that work. Amazon has Snapgrab but it don't work. I have google play but I need google play services to get it and I don't have a computer to download cobalts gmaps. I downloaded a older version of snapchat and it let me log in but I couldn't take pics. Everytime I took one it was black. So I downloaded a new version and it said it wouldn't let me log in and I tried to get the older version back but it said I need a newer version to log in. So somebody Pleeeaaaaasssseeeee help me out. Any clients that work that I can download or regular!!
    04-01-15 08:23 PM
    There will be no versions that work. Even if you try to download apks. Just try using snap10. It might be still in the BlackBerry World. If it's not you're gunna have to ask someone on here for a BAR file for it.

Snap10 works very well, made by nemory studios. There's a free and paid version. Try searching that if you have no luck

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 08:38 PM
    There will be no versions that work. Even if you try to download apks. Just try using snap10. It might be still in the BlackBerry World. If it's not you're gunna have to ask someone on here for a BAR file for it.

Snap10 works very well, made by nemory studios. There's a free and paid version. Try searching that if you have no luck

Posted via CB10
    No its not on there. I looked. Do you know anybody with a bar file
    04-01-15 08:54 PM
    Don't take it...Snapchat will figure out you are using a third party app and ban you

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 11:11 PM
    https://mega.co.nz/#!RVZnVBKI!oo-A9E...9MPt7hEDwZN23g

Try this version, patched thanks to thynedge

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.281
    04-01-15 11:17 PM
    I patched the snapchat APK from Google Play and installed it on my Z30. I was able to create an account and log in, etc. However the app was painfully laggy to the point it was unusable. I ended up deleting it because it was so bad.
    04-01-15 11:18 PM
    https://mega.co.nz/#!RVZnVBKI!oo-A9E...9MPt7hEDwZN23g

Try this version, patched thanks to thynedge

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.281
    I tried going to get to that link but it will not let me. It takes to a file like things saying something about cloud and eccrypeted stuff and gets off in a second and Web searches that big long code bring me 2 no searches for that..
    04-02-15 06:21 PM
    04-02-15 06:57 PM
    There is an option here on the forums you download an old versi�n and then upgrade while logged in.
    I will dig it up and confirm with you guys.

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    04-03-15 05:06 AM
    Download Snapchat 4.1.07 .apk
    https://mega.co.nz/#!QdEHFIgY!w3yQwc...sSoHSnzU_UYPHA

Download Snapchat 9 version. Apk
    https://mega.co.nz/#!hN9kWYaI!0gPdmS...mwrL1eIIlJlwLs

update and never ever log out. . Ignore Google play service message by tapping anywhere in the screen.

Posted via CB30
    Last edited by Hussain Karimi; 04-03-15 at 05:55 AM.
    04-03-15 05:19 AM
    SnapChat accordingly is trying to prevent any 3rd party access to their services. Many are already shutdown.

Passport using10.3.1.2576
    04-03-15 08:08 AM
    Mine still works. I found a way. If you'd like I might consider walking you through it

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 12:38 PM
    I have a older snapchat in my z30 needs to be updated... On my z10 with 10.3 it doesn't work anymore cause it needs Google play to work... but use to work all the time

I was lucky and got snap10 before it disappeared... Damn snapchat for forcing nemory to remove it

Posted via Z30 from the sunny Okanagan
    04-03-15 12:41 PM
    Well let's have this walk through...

Thanks

04-03-15 12:43 PM
    Download Snapchat 4.1.07 .apk
    https://mega.co.nz/#!QdEHFIgY!w3yQwc...sSoHSnzU_UYPHA

Download Snapchat 9 version. Apk
    https://mega.co.nz/#!hN9kWYaI!0gPdmS...mwrL1eIIlJlwLs

update and never ever log out. . Ignore Google play service message by tapping anywhere in the screen.

Posted via CB30
    Your sure this will work??? Cause on my z10 won't let me do anything without Google play

04-03-15 12:48 PM
    I have followed steps in other threads to download version 4.x and then 9.3. I can login and view snaps just fine, but when I take snaps I just get black screens.

BlackBerry Passport / OS 10.3.2.281 / SQW100-3 / BBM 2C05E109
    04-03-15 08:31 PM
    Your sure this will work??? Cause on my z10 won't let me do anything without Google play

Working for me. Give it a try.

Posted via CB30
    04-03-15 10:43 PM
    Why are they doing this?

What a sad app situation for us BlackBerry folks. They don't develop apps for BlackBerry. And now they ban you fur using clients? Why?

Is this a new trend? Maybe twitter will join this trend too. Or Facebook, Instagram, etc.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 10:44 PM
    I have a older snapchat in my z30 needs to be updated... On my z10 with 10.3 it doesn't work anymore cause it needs Google play to work... but use to work all the time

I was lucky and got snap10 before it disappeared... Damn snapchat for forcing nemory to remove it

It will not work if your account was blocked got upon snap10 or other third party apps. Only option then is to create new account and follow steps I posted

Posted via CB30
    04-03-15 10:46 PM
    Why are they doing this?

What a sad app situation for us BlackBerry folks. They don't develop apps for BlackBerry. And now they ban you fur using clients? Why?

Is this a new trend? Maybe twitter will join this trend too. Or Facebook, Instagram, etc.

Posted via CB10
    A couple of reasons that I can think of:
    - Monetary value
    - Security reasons

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 10:47 PM
    Why are they doing this?

Have you seen (or heard about) the pictures of Jennifer Lawrence nude? Are you aware that third-party SnapChat apps have been used as back-doors to siphon off and save all of the pictures flowing through them?

SnapChat has an obligation (not to mention a strong business incentive) to keep its service locked down and controlled, because their users expect their privacy to be maintained. That's the whole premise of SnapChat, and as long as third-party apps are allowed, it is impossible to have any security. The reality is that third-party apps have always violated the SnapChat TOS, but recent events have forced SnapChat to take action and close off all third-party access.

You can expect ALL services to start moving towards closing their apps to third-party clients, as privacy and security issues crop up and force them to do so. And the more potential for abuse of a user's data, the more likely it is to happen sooner.

In some cases, the official Android app will work for BB10 users, but if those apps require Google Services, then there won't be a solution for BB10 users for that app. One thing you can almost guarantee is that there aren't going to be native BB10 apps written for most services - there simply isn't a big enough userbase of BB10 to justify the development and support costs of another platform. After more than 2 years on the market, BB10 has a userbase of about 9M active users, which is roughly the same as the number of Android devices activated every 5 days.
    04-04-15 12:07 AM
    Have you seen (or heard about) the pictures of Jennifer Lawrence nude? Are you aware that third-party SnapChat apps have been used as back-doors to siphon off and save all of the pictures flowing through them?

SnapChat has an obligation (not to mention a strong business incentive) to keep its service locked down and controlled, because their users expect their privacy to be maintained. That's the whole premise of SnapChat, and as long as third-party apps are allowed, it is impossible to have any security. The reality is that third-party apps have always violated the SnapChat TOS, but recent events have forced SnapChat to take action and close off all third-party access.

You can expect ALL services to start moving towards closing their apps to third-party clients, as privacy and security issues crop up and force them to do so. And the more potential for abuse of a user's data, the more likely it is to happen sooner.

In some cases, the official Android app will work for BB10 users, but if those apps require Google Services, then there won't be a solution for BB10 users for that app. One thing you can almost guarantee is that there aren't going to be native BB10 apps written for most services - there simply isn't a big enough userbase of BB10 to justify the development and support costs of another platform. After more than 2 years on the market, BB10 has a userbase of about 9M active users, which is roughly the same as the number of Android devices activated every 5 days.
    I'm a bit tipsy at the moment but would you mind giving your source on that number of android devices?
    I find it hard to believe based on my calculations that in 73 cycles of 5 days in a year humanity is adding 657000000 android devices yearly.
    Just saying.

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    Last edited by Oglon3r; 04-04-15 at 04:49 AM.
    spikesolie likes this.
    04-04-15 12:46 AM
    Why are they doing this?

Posted via CB10
    Seriously?

People are stealing their property.

That's why.

Look at all the ridiculous workarounds. Developers don't want all that mess and headache associated with their product. It's that simple. Whatever their reasons for not making an app for blackberry are,...they don't owe you or anyone else an explanation.

This "app entitlement" really kills me. If you want it that badly, buy hardware that supports it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-04-15 01:33 AM
    Seriously?

That's why.

Look at all the ridiculous workarounds. Developers don't want all that mess and headache associated with their product. It's that simple. Whatever their reasons for not making an app for blackberry are,...they don't owe you or anyone else an explanation.

This "app entitlement" really kills me. If you want it that badly, buy hardware that supports it.

Ouh Tschocky. My PC buddy. You sound very bitter and your posts seem very biased.

The posts of the others stated it out perfectly, without insults and bitterness.

I blocked you last time because you called me scum. Why can I still your posts?

@rest. I would gladly see sources for the android stats. 5 days more than 2 year userbase? Sounds very harsh.

But security wise it made sense here. Didn't knew that many stars used third party clients. Gotto to know what to download I guess.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 04:21 AM
    Seriously?

That's why.

Ermm.. the hardware does support it? Any reasons why there isn't a native snapchat app or the android one doesn't work is mostly on snapchat side not BlackBerry actively blocking it..

So it's okay to basically punish an OS for trying to break out and innovate just because currently it doesn't have the right number of users? Ok

Check Out TechCraze
    04-04-15 04:26 AM
76 123 ...