Let's not forget Jamespaulmuir, the dev who brought Snap to those who enjoy android ports. With the amazon deal struck, I don't see a reason why Blackberry won't allow Snap on BB World.
    Show your support!
    07-02-14 09:54 PM
    I love to if it is legal

#BBFactCheck
    07-02-14 09:58 PM
    It a bypass around the google play storefront. its a loophole really and probably not legal.
    Thunderbuck and JeepBB like this.
    07-02-14 10:00 PM
    I'm not sure if legal/illegal is the right wording. But it's definitely a violation of Google terms of service and I'm sure it would result in immediate action by Google to have it removed.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 10:51 PM
    Would be great if they could do it though. Probably end up being one of the most downloaded apps
    07-02-14 10:53 PM
    I don't know about BlackBerry World. But it's definitely a must have native side load.

With that said can anyone recommend some other great native side loads I might be missing. I have...

- Downloads Manager for SuperTube
    - BarInstall

Please inform me if I am missing something. In particular I'm wondering if anyone has the BAR file for that native torrent app that was removed from BB World.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 10:59 PM
    Snap will be old news when the Amazon app store arrives anyway.

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    DJM626 likes this.
    07-03-14 07:25 AM
    [QUOTE=trsbbs;10547135]Snap will be old news when the Amazon app store arrives anyway.

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"![/QUOTE

I wouldn't say that. Doesn't Google Play have many more apps than Amazon?
    07-03-14 07:44 AM
    Lets talk about making snap Legal First.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    07-03-14 07:52 AM
    Snap is amazing. I prefer that over other 3rd party android app stores.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 09:23 AM
    I doubt BlackBerry would allow it due to violations of Google's terms and services (I assume) an especially due to BlackBerry's deal with Amazon.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    07-03-14 09:24 AM
    Probably will never happen, but I will continue to use it rather than Amazon. It is my go to solution for any Android apps I want or need and the dev did a great job with it.
    07-03-14 09:36 AM
    Snap won't be on BBW, the legal backlash would kill it. The only reason its not dead yet is because of it maintains a somewhat still unknown status among the majority.
    ajst222 and JeepBB like this.
    07-03-14 09:39 AM
    Amazon have only as many as BlackBerry World's apps.
    Nowhere to match Google Play via Snap.
    Would love to see Snap on BlackBerry World so that it would be easy newbies to download android apps. But imagine also the disappointment when some apps doesn't work due to Google Play Services.

Posted from my Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3247
    07-03-14 09:43 AM
    I read in the thread kermed upload it in bbw as beta app and adding himself as beta tester so he can download it from BlackBerry world
    But you need vendor account to do it

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    07-03-14 09:46 AM
    Unfortunately illegal.. But would be totally great in bb world..

It's native.. And runs like bb world.. Obviously I would like to see improvements like update all.. And download and install at the same time instead of having multiple steps... But it's the perfect google play store for bb10

Even though the amazon partnership is official... I have a feeling the amazon store will be a port and will have a sh*ty android slow laggy user interface... Or maybe that's just a bad experience I've had with amazon store and 1 mobile..

That said.. Most the android apps themselves run very well with the android runtime and are very smooth.. The app stores however are shiz.. Snap ftw
    BerryWizard likes this.
    07-03-14 02:45 PM
    As many have said, it violates Google's TOS.

Intriguingly enough, though, once you register a handset with Snap, Google "sees" it and knows what it is. With that being the case, if Google wanted to turf BB10 devices they could do it easily. They choose to allow it, though...
    07-03-14 02:58 PM
    Is "anything" legal nowadays?
    07-03-14 03:17 PM
    Snap will be old news when the Amazon app store arrives anyway.

Sorry, this is a fallacy. Almost every time you see a symbol to download an Android app you will be directed to the Google Play store and it will be the only store for that app. Take for example an Android app released by a govt body. Amazon is going to have to do a lot of work to grow their store.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 03:51 PM
    Sorry, this is a fallacy. Almost every time you see a symbol to download an Android app you will be directed to the Google Play store and it will be the only store for that app. Take for example an Android app released by a govt body. Amazon is going to have to do a lot of work to grow their store.

Posted via CB10
    Not if they kill off side loading.

07-03-14 04:53 PM
    Not if they kill off side loading.

Then it would turn off a lot of users including myself

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 05:17 PM
    As many have said, it violates Google's TOS.

Intriguingly enough, though, once you register a handset with Snap, Google "sees" it and knows what it is. With that being the case, if Google wanted to turf BB10 devices they could do it easily. They choose to allow it, though...
    Now that you've said this, I feel like BlackBerry struck the deal with the wrong partner. A much much interesting deal could have been made with Google. Not all BlackBerry would have gotten access to Google Play store, but to Google Play Services.
    07-03-14 10:11 PM
    Now that you've said this, I feel like BlackBerry struck the deal with the wrong partner. A much much interesting deal could have been made with Google. Not all BlackBerry would have gotten access to Google Play store, but to Google Play Services.
    its doesnt work that way, they cant just "strike a deal." Amazon is the best path for them
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-03-14 10:22 PM
    I don't think it would have worked unless BlackBerry chose to abandon BB10 entirely in favor of Android.
    07-03-14 10:46 PM
    How to install snap on z10,?

With CB10 with lovely ? Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    07-03-14 10:48 PM
33 12