Looks like a fantastic concept.. It has the potential to really take off big time stopping BBM in its tracks.

http://m.cnet.com/news/snapchat-snap...in-us/57590968

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 08:31 AM
    I sideloaded the android version, pure frat house style shenanigans. Fun app

Posted via CB10
    Djlatino likes this.
    07-18-13 08:36 AM
    If you look around there are 100's of different cross platform messaging app.

I will have to say that BBM is by far the best that I have ever seen or used... other than the total lack of people to use it with. That said, I question how many features will be included on the other platforms? How integrated will it be in the system? Will it work with SMS on those devices?

I'm not sure that an Android or iOS user are going to have a true BBM experience (we will see)... so the question is what WILL make it different or better than the already well established messaging apps out there. It's the same problem the BB10 is having with apps - need more app vs. need more users on the platform.

But in markets where BBM still has a big part of the market.... I think cross-platform BBM will see a large number of downloads.

Also right now there isn't a Windows version of BBM coming. While that may not mean very much as there is only a very small number of Windows users, if you have ten friends that you send messages to regularly, and just one of them has a WP... is BBM really going to work for all of you as a true cross-platform messenger?
    07-18-13 08:52 AM
    I don't know about anyone else, but I don't want my received messages disappearing after 10 seconds.
    I never used Snapchat, but to my knowledge that's how it works, things disappear after 10 seconds, right? (Just thought I'd double check so I don't look too much like an *****.)

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 08:58 AM
    I don't know about anyone else, but I don't want my received messages disappearing after 10 seconds.
    I never used Snapchat, but to my knowledge that's how it works, things disappear after 10 seconds, right? (Just thought I'd double check so I don't look too much like an *****.)

Posted via CB10
    Yes, once you open it, it'll be gone in 10 seconds or so and you can't re open them. It sucks but it's a nice app

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 09:12 AM
    Don't care about snapcrap, instacrap, Facebook crap and all the other crap. Got just a few apps and not even use them all. I work during the day so I don't have time for all that app crap. No bad intentions meant but the app crap complaining is annoying me. Go to Apple crap or Android crap if your smartphone is a toy.

CB10 - Q10
    RECOOL likes this.
    07-18-13 09:18 AM
    Maybe BBM can get a snap mode.
    I can see it being very useful to lot of people...Private funding is valuing it close to 1B...so there are some big expectations from it.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 09:20 AM
    Don't care about snapcrap, instacrap, Facebook crap and all the other crap. Got just a few apps and not even use them all. I work during the day so I don't have time for all that app crap. No bad intentions meant but the app crap complaining is annoying me. Go to Apple crap or Android crap if your smartphone is a toy.

CB10 - Q10
    That is exactly the thought that brought BlackBerry to its knees.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 09:33 AM
    Looks like a fantastic concept.. It has the potential to really take off big time stopping BBM in its tracks.

http://m.cnet.com/news/snapchat-snap...in-us/57590968

Posted via CB10
    How? My kids have snap chat and it is nothing like BBM. You send a picture that lasts for a few seconds then it's gone. There is no group collaboration or multi person conversations. No message history or photo comments. No scheduling or voice calling or video calling.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 09:46 AM
    snapchat is fundamentally flaud. sure the message goes away in 10 seconds but phones have something called screenshots
    bluetroll likes this.
    07-18-13 10:09 AM
    Don't care about snapcrap, instacrap, Facebook crap and all the other crap. Got just a few apps and not even use them all. I work during the day so I don't have time for all that app crap. No bad intentions meant but the app crap complaining is annoying me. Go to Apple crap or Android crap if your smartphone is a toy. CB10 - Q10
    Millions and millions of consumers world wide are doing exactly as you suggest.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-18-13 10:14 AM
    I hope snapchat does not fly off but one should not under estimate power of a disrupter...Bb did that for years and we all the know the results...

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 10:45 AM
    I thought snapchat was supposed to disable screenshots while you are reading the message.

But anyway it's a different type of messaging to bbm. I doubt snapchat could replace bbm in any way

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 12:04 PM
    Nope snapchat isn't really a messaging thing like WhatsApp, BBM, or even Kik. It's more of just a really fun app to send pictures or videos with limited words. It's really cool but when you do serious messages people use other apps. Also.the limit can be set to 1-10 seconds.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 12:11 PM
    Snap chat is not and will not be a messaging app of any kind.

Instead of explaining why, you guys should just try using the app yourselves.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 02:12 PM

CB10 - Q10
    Yep, others work during the day as well, and very productively thanks to certain APPS. Snapchat does seem like a novelty to me and I don't use it on my Android and I wouldn't use it on BB...but does it matter to me if it's AVAILABLE for those that do use it? Nope. So I say bring it on. If that's what people want, let them have it! I just won't be giving it a second thought.

BlackBerry is touted as the best COMMUNICATION device, and in some ways I definitely agree. The hub on BB10 and the unified inbox on BBOS is fantastic. However, people use APPS TO COMMUNICATE, and not everyone uses the same apps. There are TONS of popular ones like whatsapp, google hangouts, kik, ping, apparently this wechat people are talking about, etc. If BB doesn't have the platforms that they use to communicate with their friends and family, that's one major strike against adopting it.

So, you have fun at work with your phone in your pocket. We'll continue to advocate for the addition of the apps that will make BB10 grow.
    07-18-13 02:27 PM
    Snap chat is not and will not be a messaging app of any kind.

Instead of explaining why, you guys should just try using the app yourselves.

Posted via CB10
    Ok I will, ......oh wait.....its not available on BB. Thats ok, I still have instagram......oh wait......oh well, at least theres vine......oh crap....
    07-18-13 06:11 PM

CB10 - Q10
    Feel better now?
    07-18-13 06:46 PM