If this has been posted I'm sorry but I can't find the answer. I am not receiving incoming text messages from other carries (I get them from Verizon which is my carrier and a friend who has Alltell). People are getting my texts but when they respond I get nothing. Or if they send me a brand new text I get nothing. I have called and emailed Verizon several times and they said that everything is fine on their end. I have done the battery thing. I have done *228. I'm beyond frustrated. Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks!!
    07-25-08 09:41 AM
    I would suggest a battery pull...if Verizon says its ok on their end, maybe its your friends? If thats not it, not sure. I'm still a newb, so any other suggestions guys?
    07-25-08 10:07 AM
    This isn't the first time I've seen a thread like this, but I'm not really sure what the problem is. I have Verizon as well, but I haven't experienced this problem. Then, again, I don't text message anyone outside Verizon with the exception to an occasional text to my brother-in-law (Sprint), but haven't experienced problems with that either.
    07-25-08 10:43 AM
    Sometimes when adding a new phone on verizons network in the last four mobths they have added an area code to the phone so have your friend to dial the area code then the phone number even if its not long distance if this works then you must take your phone into a verizon store and have them reprogram your phone by hand
    07-25-08 10:58 AM
    Does it do the same thing with pic mess? And how much signal are you getting?
    07-25-08 01:53 PM
    Actually no. My brother sent me a pic message and I got that. He has Virgin Mobile (Sprint Network). I went to a Verizon store and spoke with tech support and she indicated it's not Verizon. Oh well it is what it is. I don't text that much and with those I do I get there texts. Might have to switch my brother over to Verizon lol!
    08-28-08 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD