Ok so my girlfriend has a bit of a problem with an ex-man stalker. LOL. He claims he's monitoring her texts with whatever kind of software. I googled it but I can't really tell whats legit or not. He's harrasing the **** out of us and im curious if anyone that knows about that crap can give me a hand of how to disable it on her phone. Or let me know if he is just a super good guesser. lol. Any info or help is appreciated thanks!
    06-06-11 02:08 PM
    i'm sure he's bluffing
    why would he tell her he's monitoring it? that's kinda defeating the purpose right?

anyways, if you really think he is, she can always get a new phone/sim
    (to be EXTRA safe)
    06-06-11 02:11 PM
    No need to get a new phone and sim. 1st, what kind of phone does she have??? If it's a BB, seriously doubt there is any kind of spyware on it, but she couls always do a wipe of the device and that will delete anything installed on the phone as if it's new out of the box. If it's an iPhone, she can plug it into iTunes and click restore to wipe the phone of everything.
    06-06-11 02:36 PM
    What software was it?
    There are some software available that can keep track of all your communications.
    One I tried personally was blacklite or something similiar. It sent me an email with a couple of days worth of communications in a html file.
    I didn't like that, so removed it immediately.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-11 03:27 PM
    Not sure what software it could be, this guy is pretty sketch so I'm not taking him too lightly. In any case doing a wipe on her BB should fix the problem you think eh? I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
    06-06-11 08:07 PM
    $10 says the ex is a liar and a whiner and doesn't like to lose.
    sputneek and DocDRM like this.
    06-07-11 08:09 AM
    Plus, there isn't any way to hide software on the BB. You just have to go into options and see which apps are installed. If something looks odd, you can check out that one app, and delete it if necessary.
    06-07-11 09:59 PM
    There IS software that can do it, BUT it's very erxpensive, hundreds of dollars AND you need to install it on the person's BB, so you must have access to the BB to do it. Flexispy is one of the biggies.
    06-08-11 09:22 AM
    Software like MobiSpy can help spy on the sms sent and received.
    06-08-12 10:37 PM
    Sounds like a it's time for a restraining order.
    sputneek and itzJustMeh like this.
    06-08-12 11:24 PM
    Software like MobiSpy can help spy on the sms sent and received.
    Yep, MobiSpy can do the job alright and it costs less than $50 for 3 months. It says that it installs a "hidden" app on the target phone which means that the watcher needs access to the phone for a few minutes next to his PC with Desktop Manager installed.

This requires a certain level of expertize. Does the ex-bf have this?

If this is being done then it can be removed by, as has already been said, by doing a security wipe of all apps on the phone. You would need to do a Backup first via Desktop Manager so as to safeguard your personal data and all emails on the phone would be permanently lost unless you redownload them from Gmail or whatever.

This is highly illegal and if proven then the ex-bf would be in deep trouble.

For him, this is a big risk and I doubt that he has the technical expertise, is prepared to spend the money, has managed to get access to the phone or, to take the step of committing a crime.

I think he's bluffing.
    sputneek likes this.
    06-08-12 11:27 PM
    Just security wipe it. Make sure to select to wipe not only the data but all the apps as well. Of course the BlackBerry will be blank at that point other than the base OS.

You could also erase the media card using the wipe *if* all the content (pics/vids/music) are copied to somewhere else for safe keeping.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-09-12 12:37 AM
    Be sure to start an SMS conversation between you two about how "the detective said they would pursue the case, that they are gathering evidence and working with the carriers so they can trace it" Be sure to mention that they have almost completed the trace-backs and will be serving a search warrant soon...

And do the security wipe too.
    DocDRM likes this.
    06-09-12 12:50 AM
    Sure, the ex may not have access to the phone now. But, he is an ex after all. I'm assuming he had access to her phone when they were still together. Perhaps, if there is something installed on the phone. He may have installed it awhile ago, and has been "watching" her for a very long time.

Maybe he's gotten a little full of himself for getting away with it for so long, that he feels like he can't be stopped. So he lets her know he's reading those texts, or whatever, in an effort to gloat.

My 2 cents.

Sent from my Magical BlackBerry Bold 9900
    06-09-12 01:06 AM
    Think there's an app she can DL from app world that automatically responds to an SMS text with a "canned message".

The message should read "Get Lost Creep"
    sputneek likes this.
    06-09-12 04:09 PM
    Hi, I've made a few apps for this, they send a periodic email to you, with texts from the target phone. Here's the pro version, also gives gps, and has invisible icon so you cannot see it running.
    I developed it, as my daughter was in with a very bad crowd. It helped. It's for Android Phones..
    Enjoy:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ecrettextagent
    11-13-12 08:11 AM
    send a text and activate a phone to auto-call you! hehe Audio Spy Catcher, amazing app for stealth listening on an android phone (or someone elses
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...io.mdroidaudio
    11-15-12 09:00 AM
    Such spy software is pretty expensive and the person NEEDS to get a hold on the phone to install these malicious apps. Now, there is no other way of a BB being hacked (ATM) and to be extra sure which I believe you already have is to wipe the phone and finish it off there and dusted. Hope you aren't having any other troubles. Stay safe (:
    11-15-12 09:05 AM
    First off, is the GF doing anything about this? I mean to have this happen for God knows how long can mean she either doesn't want the Ex bf being harmed or she's hoping he'll be a Man and stop on his own. If it's the first one and she's Not filing any restraining order or calling the cops than you have a bigger problem on your hands.

If the EX BF is big, then let the cops handle it. Have them doing a search warrant on the EX bF's place.
    DocDRM likes this.
    11-15-12 12:02 PM
    First off, is the GF doing anything about this? I mean to have this happen for God knows how long can mean she either doesn't want the Ex bf being harmed or she's hoping he'll be a Man and stop on his own. If it's the first one and she's Not filing any restraining order or calling the cops than you have a bigger problem on your hands.

If the EX BF is big, then let the cops handle it. Have them doing a search warrant on the EX bF's place.
    The OP should dump the woman. She obviously has certain baggage in which he need not get tangled.
    DocDRM likes this.
    11-15-12 12:16 PM
    see - this is what I LOVE about CrackBerry!! BB9700CA, a well respected and renowned CrackBerry Genius has answered the question you should have asked.

We see thru the petty question about a stalker and his spyware, and we help you with the root of your problem - your insecurities to get mixed up with this gal who has so much baggage that she still protects her ex.

CrackBerry therapy is what we offer!

***EDIT: forgot to credit CrackBerry Master calicocat2010 for seeing through to the real issues, too!
    11-15-12 12:29 PM
    see - this is what I LOVE about CrackBerry!! BB9700CA, a well respected and renowned CrackBerry Genius has answered the question you should have asked.

We see thru the petty question about a stalker and his spyware, and we help you with the root of your problem - your insecurities to get mixed up with this gal who has so much baggage that she still protects her ex.

CrackBerry therapy is what we offer!

***EDIT: forgot to credit CrackBerry Master calicocat2010 for seeing through to the real issues, too!
    Thanks, I was about to say I read through the lines. But, anyway this experience had happened to my best friend. Her ex BF would Not stop contacting her. He'd find out where she was and would casually "bump" into her. We knew that He was not going to announce that they were broken up, but I thought my Best Friend would have said something. Slowly, people are figuring it out because he hasn't been seen with her since July.
    11-15-12 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD