Ok, I have no idea if this can even be done but I am just wondering...I kinda like to keep a record of everything and I always backup my text messages on their own as well as the whole backup. I know I have a lot of space on my storm but I don't like keeping so much info (texts) on there in case it were to fall into the wrong hands. But my question is there any way to have the texts extracted on a computer to like say notepad or word or whatever it may be so if I was so inclined to print a paper copy of them. Or even just view them on the computer or is the only way to view them is on the phone?

Thanks!
    02-27-09 11:27 PM
    you can do a back up with media manager so that's the security part taken care of but I'm not sure if you can actually view the file as its probably saved as a special BB specific file extension.
    02-28-09 03:29 AM
    A simple solution is to set up an off-device e-mail account that is not pushed to your BB. Add that address to your addy book, forward the SMS to that box and create folders to manage your texts from there. With the message managers, sorting and storing would be faster than organizing on your Berry. You can also bookmark the box to have quick access to it, I do this to archive messages I want to keep.

Would this work for you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 02-28-09 at 05:51 AM.
    02-28-09 05:47 AM
    Use BlackBerry Desktop Manager to backup your device.

Then get ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter to open and read the IPD back up file on your computer.
    02-28-09 07:15 AM
    Use BlackBerry Desktop Manager to backup your device.

Then get ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter to open and read the IPD back up file on your computer.
    PERFECT! Thank You soooo Much! Exactly what I was looking for. Also, thanks for all your help guys. I would recommend ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter if you are looking to do what I was. I love it!
    03-01-09 01:07 PM
    Gotta say amber sounds interesting, ill be taking a look at that myself. Just proves the worth
    Of these forums, eventually someone that has the answer eventually shows up and solves the issuie.
    Well done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";