Am I missing something?

I SMS some of my friends quite often, and sometimes I get into SMS conversations with them. My issue is how my Curve handles these conversations in my inbox. It almost wants to order them into a thread, but it does a poor job.

The first message sent stands alone. The response shows up as another message, but includes the first, right under it. The third adds on to that, on top of the other two, and this third message is now looking like a thread in a forum.

This would be fine if i didnt now have 3 items showing up in my SMS folder. The first two items are now information that is now re-shown in the most recent message, as a thread. Its just a mess in the inbox. Why not compile all the messages sent back and forth into one conversation instead of a bunch of coppies of the same messages?

Am I making sense? I suppose what I'm asking is that the messages sent back and forth be treated more like a chat style conversation. One thread including all the messages sent between two parties.

It gets even more frustrating if you type 2 messages in a row and dont have a response between them. Then you end up with multiple threads of the same conversation, but I' not even getting into that...

Am I simply missing a setting that fixes this?

And hey, this is my first post....yay me! I've been on my Berry so much that while posting this from my PC, I occasionaly hit the spacebar twice expecting a period to appear at the end of the last sentence.
    08-10-08 03:37 AM
    I believe that's the normal way it organizes them. I'm not aware of any settings that change this behavior.
    08-10-08 04:30 AM
    Good luck with that. I have been attempting to resolve the same problem for 4 months now. If you find out how, please let me know.
    08-10-08 04:36 AM
    Options > sms text > change "number of previous items" to 0.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-08 06:47 AM
    I also have my inbox and outbox separated

08-10-08 09:49 AM
    This is only thing I miss from my Treo. It had this feature completely nailed
    08-10-08 09:55 AM
    Options > sms text > change "number of previous items" to 0.

That works to make each message it's own item, but id rather have the messages stack up and look like a conversation without leaving such a mess of repeated messages in my inbox. Guess that isnt gonna happen, eh?
    08-18-08 10:11 PM
    Blackberry doesn't have threaded sms like on the palms - I think that's what you are asking.
    08-18-08 11:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD