So according to this article.. Apple responds to SMS vulnerability concerns, suggests using iMessage | iMore.com SMS hack is for everyone..

I don't know how accurate that is.. But does it give leverage to BBM now?
    08-20-12 06:28 AM
    maybe Apple didnt wanna look bad so they just said its for everybody

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    08-20-12 06:56 AM
    SMS is a carrier feature, and travels over the voice network channels. These have been hacked before, and the carrier network is very weak in encryption (prior to 4G/LTE). There have been instances where control commands were injected to the carrier network and it would shut off the mobile radio on a device, or cause it to reboot, etc. This has been used on a BlackBerry as well as other smartphone devices. I would not be surprised if the carrier was the weak point here in this whole SMS debacle.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    08-20-12 07:56 AM
    maybe Apple didnt wanna look bad so they just said its for everybody

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    That's what I was thinking...
    08-20-12 08:02 AM
    SMS is a carrier feature, and travels over the voice network channels. These have been hacked before, and the carrier network is very weak in encryption (prior to 4G/LTE). There have been instances where control commands were injected to the carrier network and it would shut off the mobile radio on a device, or cause it to reboot, etc. This has been used on a BlackBerry as well as other smartphone devices. I would not be surprised if the carrier was the weak point here in this whole SMS debacle.
    I believe you are correct.
    08-20-12 08:12 AM
    so my understanding is that BBM is very secure from sms,and imessage correct? therefore i will continue to use my trustworhty Blackberry lets go bb10
    08-20-12 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD