- CrackBerry Abuser
- 285 Posts
I just came across this article on a vulnerability in the android system
Researchers uncover SMS-related vulnerability in Android
I don't like to take security measures for granted, but I'm guessing this isn't something we have to worry about with the Blackberry system? I know it's becoming more common for businesses to utilize SMS to contact customers.If I'm posting from my laptop ...... it's only because the PlayBook's charging. TheBlackLabEdge.com
- CrackBerry Genius
11-06-2012, 06:46 AM #2
- 1,583 Posts
- Hey... Why Do You Want To Know?
Probably not as SMS, bbm and all these messaging services have no way of touching internal bb areas.
Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 220.127.116.114 with Tapatalk and my fingersThanks For Reading My Post
- CrackBerry Genius
11-06-2012, 06:59 AM #3
- 2,069 Posts
Re: SMS Fishing
From the article posted above : "The problem begins when the user downloads an infected app which requests to communicate via SMS. Then the program can make it appear that the user has received an SMS from someone in his list.
This way the fake message can mislead the user to give away login credentials, password, PIN and other personal information."
1) such an app will either be detected and not placed in the market in the first place. I have a rule of thumb to avoid duds. Only download if an app has a rating of 4 and above and number of downloads exceed 5000.
2) If someone in your contact list texts you for sensitive information like passwords out of the blue, and you just give it no questions asked, you probably became broke a long time ago and smartphone vulnerabilities are the least of your worries.
- By new2bb in forum IntroductionsReplies: 7Last Post: 06-20-2009, 04:23 PM
- By naviwilliams in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 10Last Post: 11-22-2008, 12:27 PM
- By tmag2005 in forum BlackBerry 87xx SeriesReplies: 4Last Post: 06-07-2008, 02:08 PM
- By myth90045 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 1Last Post: 05-01-2007, 06:28 PM
- By jimheem in forum BlackBerry 87xx SeriesReplies: 2Last Post: 04-23-2007, 12:20 PM