Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to keep track (count) of your SMS messages sent? It looks like the only way I can do it with my Pearl is by manually counting the messages in my sent folder. Is there another way of getting a definite number? Or perhaps software that can do this for me? I have searched and was unable to locate anything that does this.

The reason is that I have a finite number of outbound SMS in my phone plan and I want to keep track of where I am at any given point of the month.

Thanks.
    06-04-08 07:17 AM
    Does your provider offer a mobile version of your account online to check usage?
    06-04-08 07:22 AM
    Unfortunately Rogers does not provide any useful tracking tools. It would solve my problem but they advised that I need to track it myself.
    06-04-08 07:23 AM
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to keep track (count) of your SMS messages sent? It looks like the only way I can do it with my Pearl is by manually counting the messages in my sent folder. Is there another way of getting a definite number? Or perhaps software that can do this for me? I have searched and was unable to locate anything that does this.

The reason is that I have a finite number of outbound SMS in my phone plan and I want to keep track of where I am at any given point of the month.

Thanks.
    Our software along with storing your SMS messages allows you too see the amount of SMS messages sent and received from your BlackBerry.
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Barrett
    06-04-08 08:24 AM
    Thanks for the info but that software does not seem to run on a Blackberry and I do not have any IM accounts. I was looking for something I could install on my BB that tracks the number of SMS messages sent from it.
    06-04-08 08:44 AM
    Thanks for the info but that software does not seem to run on a Blackberry and I do not have any IM accounts. I was looking for something I could install on my BB that tracks the number of SMS messages sent from it.
    Quick question what operating system are you running on your pearl?
    06-04-08 08:50 AM
    My OS is 4.3.0.72
    06-04-08 08:51 AM
    Thanks for the info, it should work fine, however, I am curious about the error you are getting...if you have the time I'd like to help make it work properly on your phone.
    Thanks
    Barrett
    06-04-08 09:24 AM
    A few months ago, we released the first version of Dexrex Extensions for BlackBerry. Some of you at CrackBerry had questions about it, so we took your feedback and went back to the drawing board. This is the fruit of our labors, and we hope you like it!

In the original version, some international users experienced problems installing the application. We fixed that in the back-end, and took it a step further by adding a setup wizard to guide users through the configuration process. Also, users can now create an account with their phone number if they don't want to capture their IM history as well.

Feel free to check out the new version at https://www.dexrex.com/download/blackberry. You can also drop me a line with your thoughts at http://www.dexrex.com/Contact.php if you have any questions.

~ Cristos
    09-02-08 05:50 PM
    A few months ago, we released the first version of Dexrex Extensions for BlackBerry. Some of you at CrackBerry had questions about it, so we took your feedback and went back to the drawing board. This is the fruit of our labors, and we hope you like it!

In the original version, some international users experienced problems installing the application. We fixed that in the back-end, and took it a step further by adding a setup wizard to guide users through the configuration process. Also, users can now create an account with their phone number if they don't want to capture their IM history as well.

Feel free to check out the new version at https://www.dexrex.com/download/blackberry. You can also drop me a line with your thoughts at http://www.dexrex.com/Contact.php if you have any questions.

~ Cristos
    I created a dexrex account to save my messages. I don't use IM so I didn't go that route. I have hundreds of SMS on my phone but when I log into my dexrex account it only shows 6 conversations with one person.
    09-02-08 07:04 PM
    I am not sure if Rogers does this... but with my TMobile service I can dial #674# and it will return the information about my SMS/MMS usage
    09-02-08 07:06 PM
    I understand what you're asking and I've only seen this info displayed one time. It was while I was upgrading my OS and as items were being put back on my phone, there was a number next to SMS, email, call logs...etc

I dont know if getting to that count is actually possible ON the BlackBerry.

Hello,

Thanks.
    09-02-08 07:37 PM
    I created a dexrex account to save my messages. I don't use IM so I didn't go that route. I have hundreds of SMS on my phone but when I log into my dexrex account it only shows 6 conversations with one person.
    jmac,

Right now, Dexrex can only archive messages that are sent/received after it's installed. I'm sorry that we weren't clear about that -- we'll try to be more explicit in the future. We're still working on a way to upload the old messages already saved on your device.

If you'd like to help us build and test that function, please send an email to beta@dexrex.com with:
    • The specific feature you're interested in
    • Phone Model
    • Country
    • Phone Company
    • Other software running on your phone
    09-03-08 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD