Ok so in today's world we all live on e-mail, SMS and IMs, right?

So do suffer from SMS - Severe Messaging Syndrome!

--Send 10.000+ a month in SMS and MMS messages.
    --Carry on 5+ Text Convos at a time, once a day.
    --Stay signed into your IM accounts 24/7 (BB or PC).
    --Check your e-mail 5+ times a day (BB or PC).
    --Never put your BB in your purse/pants/pocket because as soon as you do, your just going to get a text!
    and...
    --Sleep with your Blackberry in your hand!

So if you fall into any of these categorizes you have SMS.

1-2 is SMS -Mild
    3-4 is SMS -Normal
    5-6 is SMS-Extreme

...Or if your send over 25k Text a month, your in!
    Last edited by Hrshycro; 07-23-08 at 11:22 PM.
    07-23-08 09:04 PM
    Well I think I better change mt signature first thing tomorrow...cuz I meet every last one of this requirements, lmbo..I even go to sleep with my blackberry in my hand ..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-08 09:17 PM
    hmm I must say, I am the most reachable of all of my friends... and I fit into 2 of those
    07-23-08 09:19 PM
    Well I think I better change mt signature first thing tomorrow...cuz I meet every last one of this requirements, lmbo..I even go to sleep with my blackberry in my hand ..

hah very good! lol...i must add to the list!

I sleep with mine too!
    07-23-08 09:22 PM
    I am very addicted. My Blackberry is always in my hand because everytime I put it in my back pocket I get a message. I'm addicted to BB messenger now. Lol.

07-23-08 09:22 PM
    I am very addicted. My Blackberry is always in my hand because everytime I put it in my back pocket I get a message. I'm addicted to BB messenger now. Lol.

hah thats just like me!

i will look at my bb and theres no message and so i put it in my pants and then 3 secs after i pull my hand out, i get a txt!!! lol
    07-23-08 09:24 PM

--Send 15.000+ a month in SMS and MMS messages.

Unhuman... do you do anything else?

A little more possible

This is normal. Compared to 15000 texts a month, this is nothing

This is required by many business professionals and anyone with a job...

--Never put your BB in your purse/pants/pocket because as soon as you do, your just going to get a text!
    and...
    I take better care of my Berry than that
    wow... just wow
    07-23-08 09:29 PM
    i send more like 25k txt a month and my friend dose 45k a month on his bb lol...maybe i will change it to 10k a month!
    07-23-08 09:31 PM

--Send 15.000+ a month in SMS and MMS messages.
    NO, less than 100
    No, one conversation at a time. I like giving people my undivided
    attention

NO - I sign out of anything I'm not using
    Yes - But because in my job I get a lot of it
    No- In fact I don't actually know where my BB is right now
    and...
    H3ll no - and I'll never get that. Besides my wife feel better

So if you fall into 2+ of these you should put that you suffer from SMS in your sig! Then we all know who is suffers from SMS or not on this forum! lol
    Looks, l don't suffer this "syndrome" Thank God!!
    07-23-08 09:36 PM
    i send more like 25k txt a month and my friend dose 45k a month on his bb lol...maybe i will change it to 10k a month!
    25K txt a month (30 Days)= 833 txt a day

Can that be done?
    07-23-08 09:38 PM

Can that be done?
    my friend dose 45k on his pearl so idk ask him lol
    07-23-08 09:43 PM
    I think there should be a Mild SMS cause i fall into two but just the AIM cause im always mobile if not signed in and email 5 times a day for work
    07-23-08 09:43 PM
    I think there should be a Mild SMS cause i fall into two but just the AIM cause im always mobile if not signed in and email 5 times a day for work
    hah good point we should like make a -Mild, Normal, and Strong SMS lol
    07-23-08 09:45 PM

Can that be done?
    Yeah... if you have no life...

Let me ask :

1) How can you have a job?

2) How can you hold a convo without being interrupted by a SMS?

3) Why not actually hang out with your friends?

P.S. If you were my friend I would probably disown you because all of your texting would p*ss me off!! So... when you are with your friends, do you text your other friends. Or why soooo maaaaannnyy texts? Goddamn!

If my friend "hung out with me" and the whole time he was texting someone else, I would feel like they really did not wanna hang out. What is society coming to?
    07-23-08 09:48 PM
    this has my name written all over it lol! great post!
    so it would break down as 1-2 items is mild 3-4 is normal and 5-6 is extreme

If my friend "hung out with me" and the whole time he was texting someone else, I would feel like they really did not wanna hang out. What is society coming to?
    I have had that happen before...it does make you feel very awkward the entire time. You always get half the attention even when you are there lol
    07-23-08 09:50 PM
    Yeah... if you have no life...

Let me ask :

1) How can you have a job?

2) How can you hold a convo without being interrupted by a SMS?

3) Why not actually hang out with your friends?

P.S. If you were my friend I would probably disown you because all of your texting would p*ss me off!! So... when you are with your friends, do you text your other friends. Or why soooo maaaaannnyy texts? Goddamn!

Ok well one i dont have a job yet im finishing up High school at the moment, im 16...kinda hard to find a job in idaho too!

2 I just reply to all my txt later when im around people, so i dont look like im txting all the time...and iv cut down to like 18k a month the last few month as i have been busy! 25k was a avg.

3 i hang out with my girl friend all the time and her and i just shut are phones off! lol
    07-23-08 09:51 PM
    I have had that happen before...it does make you feel very awkward the entire time. You always get half the attention even when you are there lol
    Yeah... and it is totally rude

A lot of people do not even realize how inconsiderate it is.
    07-23-08 09:51 PM
    Yeah... and it is totally rude

A lot of people do not even realize how inconsiderate it is.
    Yeah the worst is when I go bowling with people from the high school team (its fun i swear ) because you see people only when they are at the table and the whole time they are there....they are texting....so you actually never talk to them. Talk about a night out!
    07-23-08 09:57 PM
    It will never cease to amaze me how detached we have
    become from actual personal interaction and even more,
    what has become acceptable conduct.

I'm with Bmcc, I give people my full attention, if you can't
    respect me enough to do the same, we're done talking too each other.
    07-23-08 10:01 PM
    I'm stricken with MILD SMS.
    07-23-08 10:06 PM
    It will never cease to amaze me how detached we have
    become from actual personal interaction and even more,
    what has become acceptable conduct.

I'm with Bmcc, I give people my full attention, if you can't
    respect me enough to do the same, we're done talking too each other.
    Rock on... Complete agreement!

And, when you are 16, aren't you in High School... yeah! Doesn't that mean you have class and you should be learning. In HS, I took my time and learned in class. I did not txt at all during class when I was in HS! There is no point... you are in school with your friends!

And, if you do not text during class or when you are with your friends outta school... then when do you send sooo many damn txts? When you are with your family?

Also, if Idaho has no jobs then how is anyone living there? Excuses amaze me...
    07-23-08 10:07 PM
    hah thats just like me!

i will look at my bb and theres no message and so i put it in my pants and then 3 secs after i pull my hand out, i get a txt!!! lol
    this is sooo true.
    07-23-08 11:08 PM
    Rock on... Complete agreement!

And, when you are 16, aren't you in High School... yeah! Doesn't that mean you have class and you should be learning. In HS, I took my time and learned in class. I did not txt at all during class when I was in HS! There is no point... you are in school with your friends!

And, if you do not text during class or when you are with your friends outta school... then when do you send sooo many damn txts? When you are with your family?

Also, if Idaho has no jobs then how is anyone living there? Excuses amaze me...
    dude chill...i said im done with high school...or i will be in about a week. thats done with high school at age 16, name the % of other people that you know that are done with high school at 16...so it dosent look like i didnt apply myself in high school when im done 2 years early and i started one year late when i was 6 instead of 5.

And i only txt when im with my family if they arent talking to me, if they are talking to me then i put my phone in my pants and talk to them, till whatever they are talking to me about is cleared up and done with.

And all i was saying is there isnt a lot of jobs for 16 year olds to be had right now...and im not flaming, mad or pissed im just replying.
    Aryan Sharma4 likes this.
    07-23-08 11:14 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD