Okay guys so let's face it, it's not going to be easy for RIM to all of a sudden try to start selling BlackBerry 10 phones. The brand has taken a beating, and BlackBerry is no longer synonymous with quality like it once was. Obviously, great marketing is able to sell anything, but lets face it; RIM's marketing sucks, and I doubt they will get by on marketing alone.

What I'm thinking is they should have some kind of promotion at the launch of BlackBerry 10 where (for example) you can trade in your old BlackBerry and get 50% off the price of a BB10 one... They need ways to grab a big consumer base at launch so it doesn't seem like it's a failure right away. Think about the launch of the Playbook. It was $500 and had like 100 apps when it was first released. It should have been $200 from the get-go to get consumers on board and to sell a ridiculous amount of product.

Anyways, I'm sure there's many ways that RIM can transition its old user base to BB10... Do you guys have any other ideas?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-30-12 10:30 AM
    500 with 3000 apps..
    03-30-12 10:36 AM
    500 with 3000 apps..
    $500? They already have at least 10,000 apps for playbook as well....
    03-30-12 11:48 AM
    Make sure its still a great phone, great keyboard(touch or physical), powerful chip and reliable with a good battery life. Make it easy for developers to jump on the bandwagon and consumers will follow.
    03-30-12 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD