Smartphone plan compatibility list:
It seems that certain carriers are currently forcing Z10 owners to switch to a blackberry specific plan.
I want to compile a list of carriers that we can reference:
Locked to blackberry plans:
Bell, Virgin Mobile, and Mobilicity
Compatible with all data plans:
Telus, Koodo, Rogers, Fido, WIND
Please add your observations for other carriers, especially in other countries, and I'll try to update this list.
Can anyone confirm on Solo Mobile? I suspect it's locked, but it's kind of hard to check (being that they don't allow new activations). And also MTS and Sasktel.
Last edited by grahamf; 02-08-13 at 04:12 PM.
- 02-08-13, 03:18 PM #2
Ya... I'm baffled by some of those carriers requiring a specific BB plan. For me it makes no difference as I came from a BB and am on Rogers anyway but for those on those carriers coming from other platforms, I'm in shock as to the reasoning that they are presenting.
- By Mapex in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 435Last Post: 11-09-09, 12:51 AM
- By AuH2O in forum Other US CarriersReplies: 26Last Post: 06-22-09, 11:46 AM
- By Mode in forum RogersReplies: 17Last Post: 02-04-09, 03:04 PM
- By snowsquirrel in forum RogersReplies: 3Last Post: 01-05-09, 11:47 PM
- By mandony in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 2Last Post: 12-14-08, 08:42 PM