Smartphone plan compatibility list:
It seems that certain carriers are currently forcing Z10 owners to switch to a blackberry specific plan.
I want to compile a list of carriers that we can reference:
Locked to blackberry plans:
Bell, Virgin Mobile, and Mobilicity
Compatible with all data plans:
Telus, Koodo, Rogers, Fido, WIND
Please add your observations for other carriers, especially in other countries, and I'll try to update this list.
Can anyone confirm on Solo Mobile? I suspect it's locked, but it's kind of hard to check (being that they don't allow new activations). And also MTS and Sasktel.
Last edited by grahamf; 02-08-2013 at 04:12 PM.Blackberry 10 > Windows Phone 7/8 > Blackberry 7 > iOS > Android > Symbian > WebOS > Meego
- 02-08-2013, 03:18 PM #2
Ya... I'm baffled by some of those carriers requiring a specific BB plan. For me it makes no difference as I came from a BB and am on Rogers anyway but for those on those carriers coming from other platforms, I'm in shock as to the reasoning that they are presenting.
- 02-08-2013, 03:23 PM #3
yeah it makes no sense why you would need a specific bb plan as there is no more bis? just a cash grab i assume.Download The EGO Mag Online app for Blackberry 5,6,7, Playbook and the all new Blackberry 10!
A Gentleman's Guide to a Better Lifestyle!
- Blackberry 10 > Windows Phone 7/8 > Blackberry 7 > iOS > Android > Symbian > WebOS > Meego
- By Mapex in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 435Last Post: 11-09-2009, 12:51 AM
- By AuH2O in forum Other US CarriersReplies: 26Last Post: 06-22-2009, 11:46 AM
- By Mode in forum RogersReplies: 17Last Post: 02-04-2009, 03:04 PM
- By snowsquirrel in forum RogersReplies: 3Last Post: 01-05-2009, 11:47 PM
- By mandony in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 2Last Post: 12-14-2008, 08:42 PM