I've had the 9700 for almost a year now. Everything was going great until recently, I started experiencing a slower-functioning phone.

Even though I have 95MB free space left, and I don't have any extra apps running in the background however the phone tends to respond very slow to basic commands, like opening email, facebook, or even moving the touchpad. This doesn't happen always but often enough to be disturbing.

I have the latest OS by Rorgers and I am not exactly sure what to do to get the phone back into normal functioning condition.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    09-07-10 07:46 AM
    Sorry to bump this, but any help would be appreciated
    09-07-10 03:13 PM
    Just asking because you didn't mention if you had tried it or not, but have you done a battery pull? If my berry starts running sluggish, I do a battery pull and performance goes back to normal.
    09-07-10 03:16 PM
    I was going to mention that but I thought people would have assumed that I tried it. But good you asked. I tired battery pull many times, nothing. I even have a memory booster, still slow.
    09-07-10 03:18 PM
    Speaking of backup, since there's the e-mail login by App World, do we still have to backup 3rd party applications?
    09-07-10 03:24 PM
    Yeah, I figured you had tried it, but I have answered that question with the BP response a few times before and have been surprised at how often it has resolved the problem.

Do you have your memory booster on "auto boost"? I noticed extreme performance degrading when I had mine on auto. Could also try deleting your msgs and seeing if that improves it at all. If that doesn't work, I would do a OS wipe and reinstall.
    09-07-10 03:27 PM
    If I do a handheld wipe, would it mean that it's going to its original OS or the same OS that I had just wiping all data?

If only wiping all data, how can I reset it to it's default OS?

Thanks
    09-07-10 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD