I received my T-mobile 9700 yesterday and LOVE it so far. The only issue I have right now worth mentioning is the slow data/internet. I have the T-Mobile unlimited data plan, and get the 3G/blackberry icon at the top of the screen, but my download and page load speeds are ridiculously slow. Old dial-up slow. Regardless of the browser I use(Blackberry or Opera), or what network (T-Mobile 3g or my home Wifi At&t Pro DSL). I've done speedtests which usually result anywhere from 1mb/sec to 3mb/sec, but the page loading and downloads would tell a different story.

I've been sitting here with my girlfriend's BB 8320 curve on the same wifi connection, and it seems to have downloaded the facebook app, and loaded web pages 2-3 times as fast. Are there any settings I should be using that would/should speed up my download speeds?

Thanks
    12-17-09 09:13 PM
    I'm in Houston. I had a G1 earlier this year(in the same area) and all of the data services were quick. I also have a few coworkers in the same area with other T-mobile phones/3g that have quick service.

On Wifi my page load speeds aren't the greatest either. My speedtests show crazy fast download speeds(my last two were 3mb/sec and 6.5mb/sec on 3G, 2mb file size) but it seems like the phone itself might be taking long to load the pages or files. All I know is the curve downloads/loads everything much noticeably quicker.
    12-17-09 09:43 PM
    I get a good 3g signal in Denver, but need WiFi at home in the country. But it is the fastest phone I've ever had. My device says made in Mexico, but I had to take it apart after it got wet and the circuit boards inside say Made in China,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 09:56 PM
    Not too bad I'd say.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 10:04 PM
    It might also just be an issue for today that you're having. Seems that RIM was having some problems today...everything was a bit slow for me.
    12-17-09 11:19 PM
    Yeah, I'm impressed with the speedtest numbers I get, but those numbers aren't related in any way to the speed pages pull up. 3G is slightly slower at downloading apps and pulling up web pages than my T-Mobile Dash was a month ago on normal edge network.

Are there any recommended browser settings? When I use the BB browser, I have it set to "Internet" (as opposed to Hotspot or Web2go), and the other setting to Firefox. Wifi's sped up to slightly faster than EDGE, but still not nearly as fast as the speedtest numbers would suggest.

Thanks for the reply's

* Would an old(but still working) sim card cause issues? I came across a post a year ago or two ago that mentioned something about an older sim card not working as well with the network as a newer one. The sim I have is 3-4 years old now. Just wondering if this has ever been an issue.
    Last edited by allthrottle; 12-17-09 at 11:39 PM.
    12-17-09 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD