I am new to Blackberry-have a Pearl. My AOL mail sometimes will not come thru-like for hours. However, I have been experimenting by sending emails to the AOL address on my BB-if I send one, it may sit for hours, as soon as I send a 2nd one, they both come thru. Is there any way to speed up the delivery? I also set up an email acct with alltel.blackberry.com and those emails come thru immediately.
    10-05-08 05:12 PM
    I have just noticed this issue myself, but I have had my Pearl for about a month now. Only in the last week or two have I noted a delay in getting emails, and it always happens as you describe: one will sit there for a while, but when another comes in, they both hit. Perhaps it's coincidence, but I believe within the same time window (1-2 weeks), AOL began offering the ability to check Gmail and Yahoo! mail accounts on their website. Of course, every time I do a push test, the email I send to the AOL account pushes immediately to my device.

This morning I resent my service books. We'll see if that makes a difference.

More drastically, however, I have begun having Gmail pull email from AOL's servers, delivering it via their own, and deleting it from AOL. This is more for consolidation's sake than experimentation however. But, I figure if there's still a delay, it's gotta be with AOL.
    10-05-08 08:17 PM
    Sounds like it may be an issue with aol's mail server. Sometimes my Yahoo is a little slow.
    10-05-08 09:57 PM
    I deleted and re-added my e-mail accounts. I am with Cellular South and they are sating most likely AOL problem.. I was getting two at a time just like you described.. I may be creating a new gmail address. I would love instructions on how to get gmail to pull them as their own such as described above...
    10-07-08 02:54 PM
    I deleted and re-added my e-mail accounts. I am with Cellular South and they are sating most likely AOL problem.. I was getting two at a time just like you described.. I may be creating a new gmail address. I would love instructions on how to get gmail to pull them as their own such as described above...
    Once you get your Gmail account set up and you're logged in, here's how to grab your AOL messages.

Click "Settings" next to your user name at the top right corner of the screen.

Click "Accounts".

There will be a section titled "Get mail from other accounts". Click the link in this section to add another mail account. (You can enter up to 5 additional accounts)

Follow the step-by-step instructions to add your AOL account. Obviously, you will need your AOL user name and password.

Have fun!
    10-07-08 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD