These last few days my BB Curve is running like molassess going uphill in a snowstorm. Connecting to the browser or internet for anything is ssssslllllooooowwwww. I get the 'requesting' bar for at least 2 minutes or more. Sometimes it connects and sometimes it just times out (or I get tired of waiting). I am getting emails and texts just fine. This is all a bit new to me. I have only had my bb for about 4 months. Any tips or info would be great. TIA!
    06-30-09 07:09 AM
    I am sure you have tried this, but have you done a battery pull? My Storm slows down after a long day's use and by pulling the battery it resets the device and clears some memory. My phone runs great after that.
    06-30-09 07:15 AM
    I have been having this issue recently as well. I have 5 bars of service and am always on EDGE, yet my browser and BBM is slower than ever while everything else is working at their normal speed. At first I thought it was my OS but when I upgraded I still had the problem.

I ended up clearing my cache, call log, email inbox, text message inbox, and event log, registered my Host Routing Table, resent my service books from BOTH my Blackberry and T-Mobile's BIS site, and did a battery pull after all of this was done. Nothing fixed the problem. Yesterday I went for a drive away from where I usually use my phone and once I was maybe a mile out of the area my browser started working just fine!

After getting home, it started acting up again.

I've come to the concluscion that there is a BIS coverage issue in my area because if I'm not at home or in the areas were I normally use my phone I have no problem what-so-ever.

My advice:

First thing I would suggest doing is clearing your cache. While in your browser go to Options > Cache Operations and clear everything out, then do a battery pull. That may help speed it up some.

Next would be to register your HRT by going to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register Now

After that you can either log onto your carrier's BIS site or right on your phone go to Manage Internet Email > Help > Send Service Books

If none of this does the trick, call your carrier, find out if there is a problem in your area. They will probably reset the data connection and Internet Service Books on your phone so make sure you don't call from it.
    Last edited by KasiCatastrophe; 06-30-09 at 07:55 AM.
    06-30-09 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD