I've been watching twitter for any news about a true swiping keyboard. Every so often, BlackBerry tweets about gesture swipe on the new leap but sadly it's just the same old swipe up that has been out for ever.
    I don't understand why they are the last handset maker to add this feature when they already have a partnership with swiftkey for the prediction.
    Alternatively, if they are hell bent on excluding it from they're keyboard why not give the option to install alternative keyboards?
    After months with my first blackberry, this is my no.1 complaint and it's a big one. In fact, a good one handed keyboard is a must for me and I don't think I can continue with the pecking.
    Up on Kijiji it goes...

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 06:09 AM
    What's a "true swiping keyboard"? What's wrong with the current one?
    05-27-15 06:14 AM
    Sliding word input like swiftkey, Swype, slide it, android keyboard, and windows keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 07:12 AM
    Swift key is gay if that is a deal breaker for you then you don't deserve to own a BlackBerry 10 phone good bye!

Sent via the best phone ever the passport
    05-27-15 07:28 AM
    Swift key is gay if that is a deal breaker for you then you don't deserve to own a BlackBerry 10 phone good bye!

Gay??

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 07:33 AM
    Gay??

Posted via CB10
    I actually never knew that keyboards had preferences for one gender over the other
    Speaking of that, is the BlackBerry keyboard straight?
    NYTOC83 and Fidel Mercado like this.
    05-27-15 07:48 AM
    I'm confused...CB groupthink insists that the BlackBerry VKB is the best VKB ever, but according to this post it sucks. As a PKB guy I think all VKB Suck and can't really see the difference, but I'm curious how this will go since the BlackBerry VKB gets such universal love around here.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 08:02 AM
    I'm confused...CB groupthink insists that the BlackBerry VKB is the best VKB ever, but according to this post it sucks. As a PKB guy I think all VKB Suck and can't really see the difference, but I'm curious how this will go since the BlackBerry VKB gets such universal love around here.

Posted via CB10
    It really is a great VKB
    05-27-15 08:35 AM

I can smell an infraction coming your way.
    That's not politically appropriate to say...

But I do agree with you; I've never really found this method of typing helpful. On the BlackBerry keyboard I type 1-3 letters of the word then it's there in the suggestions to swipe up. Which is very easy for one hand operation on a the Z10 screen size.

Posted via CB10
    Branta, NYTOC83 and eldricho like this.
    05-27-15 08:50 AM
    I'd like to have a laser blaster on my BlackBerry phone too but I'm not getting rid of it.

Passport 10.3.2.680
    05-27-15 09:37 AM
    I'm not saying the blackberry keyboard sucks. I'm saying a sliding keyboard works better for me. I was hoping someone might provide some insight into future features but apparently I've offended most of you. I apologize.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 09:44 AM
    I'm not saying the blackberry keyboard sucks. I'm saying a sliding keyboard works better for me. I was hoping someone might provide some insight into future features but apparently I've offended most of you. I apologize.

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to Crackberry! Where being overly defensive is the norm. I agree with you, the best thing android did was incorporate Swype into its stock VKB. Even on a note 4 typing with one hand is possible. While I'd prefer the BB10 VKB on a Z10. I'd prefer a Swype option on the Z30. It's just personal preference.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-27-15 10:09 AM

This may be the single worst comment I've read in a long time.
    Branta, eldricho and NYTOC83 like this.
    05-27-15 11:03 AM
    I've had both Swype and SwiftKey on all of my Android phones. The big issue for me is tracing out a long word, especially one not in the dictionary. I would often lose my place (ok I'm old). I don't have that problem with the Passport keyboard. I won't go back to the VKB, the slider looks like just the phone that would entice me to leave the Passport, which will take a lot.

Posted using my BlackBerry Passport.
    BerrySoul likes this.
    05-27-15 11:29 AM
    The blackberry keyboard is widely acknowledged as being the best so I don't see why they would copy a swiping keyboard feature from a competitor. Many haters acknowledge the superiority of the blackberry keyboard if nothing else.
    BerrySoul likes this.
    05-27-15 11:32 AM
    I wish BlackBerry add the swipe down feature instead pressing space like the great fleksy keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 11:41 AM
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    eldricho likes this.
    05-27-15 12:36 PM
    Hopefully there will be other options on input methods. I personally like the swipe of the BlackBerry vkb, but like others, other options should be included.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 12:38 PM
    but apparently I've offended most of you. I apologize.
    No need to apologize, you expressed your opinion and preference in a perfectly acceptable manner - which is more than can be said for one of the other members.
    05-27-15 12:39 PM
    I've been watching twitter for any news about a true swiping keyboard. Every so often, BlackBerry tweets about gesture swipe on the new leap but sadly it's just the same old swipe up that has been out for ever.
    I don't understand why they are the last handset maker to add this feature when they already have a partnership with swiftkey for the prediction.
    Alternatively, if they are hell bent on excluding it from they're keyboard why not give the option to install alternative keyboards?
    After months with my first blackberry, this is my no.1 complaint and it's a big one. In fact, a good one handed keyboard is a must for me and I don't think I can continue with the pecking.
    Up on Kijiji it goes...

Posted via CB10
    I was unaware that the iPhone had a Swype-like keyboard feature.

As for installing alternative keyboards on BB10, you can but only for use in Android apps. Its quite simple actually and I did install the swype keyboard on my Z10 and Z30 a while ago, but was unimpressed with it and uninstalled it after a week or so of use. You need to install an Android launcher PLUS whichever keyboard you want to use. Open the launcher, go to settings > keyboard and then choose the desired keyboard. As stated, it will only work in Android apps (doesn't matter where the app is installed from, even ports from BlackBerry World will now use the desired keyboard).

Hope this helps you a little bit.
    05-27-15 01:03 PM
    I was unaware that the iPhone had a Swype-like keyboard feature.

As for installing alternative keyboards on BB10, you can but only for use in Android apps. Its quite simple actually and I did install the swype keyboard on my Z10 and Z30 a while ago, but was unimpressed with it and uninstalled it after a week or so of use. You need to install an Android launcher PLUS whichever keyboard you want to use. Open the launcher, go to settings > keyboard and then choose the desired keyboard. As stated, it will only work in Android apps (doesn't matter where the app is installed from, even ports from BlackBerry World will now use the desired keyboard).

Hope this helps you a little bit.
    The iPhone doesn't include word-tracing in its default keyboard, but iOS does allow the user to install third-party keyboards like Swype on the iPhone.
    05-27-15 01:15 PM

The Escalated quickly
    05-27-15 04:40 PM
    Yeah, I knew about this but I'd want a consistent keyboard for all apps. Do you know if its possible to change the default apps to android apps (ie. Sms & email apps)?
    I'm assuming it won't work with the hub (which my favourite BlackBerry feature).

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 07:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's OK. If you criticize anything BB10 related prepare to be flamed. Many in here treat BB like a family member that you don't dare speak ill of.

Swype keyboards actually work awesome, but since BB10 doesn't it its considered useless.
    05-31-15 07:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Then you must go Android then.

BlackBerry keyboards. Virtual and Physical is still amazing

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 06:25 AM