There is no reason not to believe they are testing Venice with BB10 somewhere cause why not. If its ever going to see light of the day is a different matter.
    09-02-15 09:04 AM
    I just saw this on Twitter. Sorry if someone already posted it.

From the pic it looks like you can choose you OS right on the device.

@Alequemera73: Como la tienen Adentro todos por Favor!!!! #IchooseBlackBerry10 https://t.co/3Ntq0oyYZH

https://twitter.com/Alequemera73/sta...81651277012992

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 11:03 AM
    Slider will be Android, but will have BB10 too!-cn55x_yusaauilw.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 11:04 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CN55X_YUsAAUILW.jpg 
Views:	2127 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	369389

Posted via CB10
    Nice find. The problem is such an image is too clear to be a photograph of the screen and I don't think you can take a screenshot on your phone if no OS is even present.

And also this kind of image is very very very easy to photoshop. I give this photo a 10% chance to be true based on the fact presented until now.
    09-02-15 11:07 AM
    Nice find. The problem is such an image is too clear to be a photograph of the screen and I don't think you can take a screenshot on your phone if no OS is even present.

And also this kind of image is very very very easy to photoshop. I give this photo a 10% chance to be true based on the fact presented until now.
    Nope it's fake
    00stryder and BB-JAM215 like this.
    09-02-15 11:19 AM
    Whether the image itself is fake or not, I've heard suggestions from plausible sources that this accurately represents a step in the Venice setup process. It will likely make its way to the Passport as well, though I don't know if it will be adoptable in existing devices.
    09-02-15 03:15 PM
    If it's true then how can they sell an android only one? Doesn't make sense that google would allow that just for bb.
    09-02-15 03:20 PM

Maybe, but I heard the final version will look like this:
    Attached Thumbnails Slider will be Android, but will have BB10 too!-cn55x_yusaauilwa.jpg  
    kbz1960, 00stryder, ubizmo and 2 others like this.
    09-02-15 03:30 PM
    The whole speculation about
    a) Dual boot Android/BB10
    b) QNX hypervisor on Android
    c) BlackBerry 10 with Google Play services
    d) Android adapting QNX kernel
    e) Different Slider variants for Android or BB10
    seems to be pure fantasy of Blackberry diehards who can't accept that the fact that what they call "the best OS in the world" has failed commercially.
    We actually can accept that it failed because it's not the OS that failed.

After all it's the best OS in the world... :-P

It was BlackBerry inability at marketing it to fail...

____BlackBerry 10 makes me stay___
    09-02-15 05:30 PM

No amount of marketing could have changed the outcome. Look at how much money Microsoft dumped on Windows Phone marketing with very little return on investment.
    kbz1960 and eyesopen1111 like this.
    09-02-15 05:38 PM
    No amount of marketing could have changed the outcome. Look at how much money Microsoft dumped on Windows Phone marketing with very little return on investment.
    Marketing has to be smart.

Not just marketing.

09-02-15 05:42 PM
    Nope it's fake
    Unless one of the two is preloaded.

I strongly believe that...

09-02-15 05:46 PM
    If it's true then how can they sell an android only one? Doesn't make sense that google would allow that just for bb.
    They're not selling an Android-only one. On first boot it makes you pick between Android and BB10, and you have to stick with whatever you choose.

It's a smart idea, actually, because logistically it means they only have one model instead of two. Production is easier that way. They also don't face any embarrassing questions about which version is selling better. Or face embarrassing demands from carriers that they just ship the Android version.

And for customers? We get choice, and a little future-proofing. There's an outside chance that this might revive BB10, and if it doesn't, we'll be able to wipe our phones and go to the dark side.

Posted from CB10 on my classy Passport--TBUCK64
    slade632 likes this.
    09-02-15 11:15 PM
    Spoke to BlackBerry Marketing yesterday, can you believe they actually called me?? Anyway, BB10 is not dead, too many governments and enterprise customers rely on it and they won't change to Android. It maybe that they have put BB10 on the backburner temporarily as they concentrate on getting Android ready, after all, they did cut back on development staff. But I was told it isn't being dumped.

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    Thunderbuck and z3user like this.
    09-02-15 11:45 PM
    Spoke to BlackBerry Marketing yesterday, can you believe they actually called me?? Anyway, BB10 is not dead, too many governments and enterprise customers rely on it and they won't change to Android. It maybe that they have put BB10 on the backburner temporarily as they concentrate on getting Android ready, after all, they did cut back on development staff. But I was told it isn't being dumped.

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    yes BB10 isn't goingt EOL for a couple years at least. Their new device if its Android doesn't have all the security certs BB10 does so they can't sell it for that market until it gets thru all the red tape. The Boeing Black self-destructing secured Android phone has been in development for at least two years and its still not in the hands of customers.
    09-02-15 11:57 PM
    Another myth.
    No it was not just marketing.
    BB10 was a half-baked OS in the first year (before 10.2.1) and launched on outdated and overpriced devices without a sufficient ecosystem. By the time the OS got fixed its commercial failure was already unfixable.
    Devices are still mostly outdated and overpriced, the ecosystem is worse than ever (Amazon app store couldn't help).
    09-03-15 01:21 AM

Talk about user-unfriendly - How about making a new user make a hard choice that almost nobody outside of this forum is able to make. Your friend goes out and buys the slider because he really likes the keyboard and the Hub on yours. Wait, he accidentally chose Android. Time for a factory reset. Next week he tells you he really needs to run MS Office Mobile. Reset again.

"Welcome. Please select your OS: You just bought this smartphone five minutes ago and probably don't know how to make this decision but choose wisely because once an operating system has been selected, this decision can't be changed unless a factory reset has been performed."

Enterprise customers especially love to deploy this kind of hardware: "This is REALLY important. Tell all of your employees when they open the box that they must choose "BlackBerry 10" to connect to your BES and the supported end-to-end security. If they press the wrong button, you will have to factory reset the device and they will have to start the setup process again. Please note that there is a whole lot of stuff their smartphone can't do as a result of this choice even though they may see someone else with the same device running Android apps."

Is anyone going to carry around two sliders, one for work running BB10, and one for personal use running Android? That would be an interesting conversation starter.
    09-03-15 03:25 AM
    They're not selling an Android-only one. On first boot it makes you pick between Android and BB10, and you have to stick with whatever you choose.

It's a smart idea, actually, because logistically it means they only have one model instead of two. Production is easier that way. They also don't face any embarrassing questions about which version is selling better. Or face embarrassing demands from carriers that they just ship the Android version.

And for customers? We get choice, and a little future-proofing. There's an outside chance that this might revive BB10, and if it doesn't, we'll be able to wipe our phones and go to the dark side.

Posted from CB10 on my classy Passport--TBUCK64
    You guys are being trolled hard. That image is a clear photo shop. A lot of forum members are going to look real stupid in a few months. I can't recall another time I saw so many people refuse to accept reality.

Posted via CB10
    Maxxxpower likes this.
    09-03-15 05:52 AM
    You guys are being trolled hard. That image is a clear photo shop. A lot of forum members are going to look real stupid in a few months. I can't recall another time I saw so many people refuse to accept reality.

Posted via CB10
    We'll see...

09-03-15 07:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ohhh how wrong you are!

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 07:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    It isn't just the image. I've... heard things.
    09-03-15 09:35 PM
    Have you heard whether the BB10 option, if it exists, will contain an Android runtime?
    09-03-15 09:41 PM
    Thing is we have hear a lot of things.... BlackBerry is a a tough position right now, and they are going to have to be very careful not to alienate customers. I do see a need for BB10 to continent in some limited way......

Once we see a shot of BB10 on the SLIDER... I'll tend to believe that it will be there in one from or another. Cause that will mean BlackBerry "invested" in drivers for the Chipset, don't think they would do that if they weren't going to use it. Until then it sure seem that BlackBerry has put BB10 on hold internally and they they don't want Developers investing into the platform either.

Who knows...... would be interesting to know if any of the THINGS you have heard, indicated that it will be BB10 with or without a Runtime?
    09-04-15 07:56 AM
    Thing is we have hear a lot of things.... BlackBerry is a a tough position right now, and they are going to have to be very careful not to alienate customers. I do see a need for BB10 to continent in some limited way......

Once we see a shot of BB10 on the SLIDER... I'll tend to believe that it will be there in one from or another. Cause that will mean BlackBerry "invested" in drivers for the Chipset, don't think they would do that if they weren't going to use it. Until then it sure seem that BlackBerry has put BB10 on hold internally and they they don't want Developers investing into the platform either.

Who knows...... would be interesting to know if any of the THINGS you have heard, indicated that it will be BB10 with or without a Runtime?
    I actually believe pretty strongly in the "choose your own adventure OS" scenario, because it makes a ton of sense to BlackBerry from a business standpoint:
    1. It allows them to keep BB10; announcing EOL now would be a customer relations nightmare. Not only that, BlackBerry can claim that they're going to sell BB10 devices for the foreseeable future; they don't have to care how many of their users "take the red pill".
    2. It future-proofs BlackBerry purchases by allowing users to convert to Android if they find BB10 isn't meeting their needs anymore
    3. It eliminates the logistical headaches of having to maintain two product versions

Why does this seem so far-fetched?
    app_Developer likes this.
    09-04-15 02:51 PM
    I actually believe pretty strongly in the "choose your own adventure OS" scenario, because it makes a ton of sense to BlackBerry from a business standpoint:
    1. It allows them to keep BB10; announcing EOL now would be a customer relations nightmare. Not only that, BlackBerry can claim that they're going to sell BB10 devices for the foreseeable future; they don't have to care how many of their users "take the red pill".
    2. It future-proofs BlackBerry purchases by allowing users to convert to Android if they find BB10 isn't meeting their needs anymore
    3. It eliminates the logistical headaches of having to maintain two product versions

Why does this seem so far-fetched?
    I find it unlikely because the closest we ever got to a dual boot device was the HTC one M8 who had both WP8 and Android on the same hardware. And that case was not dual boot meaning you could not change the os with which the phone shipped. There were rumors about both Google and Android being against a dual boot Android/WP device, that in the end never saw the light of day.
    09-04-15 03:02 PM
518 ... 1718192021