I don't understand why ppl so desperate for a full touch BlackBerry.. the slider has the best of two sides, touch screen and the PKB. If u don't want to use the KB, just don't slide it out..then u have the full touch BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 10:14 AM
    I'd have originally said full touch, but I love the idea of BlackBerry being the maker of radical, unique phones that work. It gives the Passport and the Slider that exclusive, almost elite feel. I love it being the only one of its kind one the market; everything feels almost limited edition or collectable, if that makes sense.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 10:20 AM
    I don't understand why ppl so desperate for a full touch BlackBerry.. the slider has the best of two sides, touch screen and the PKB. If u don't want to use the KB, just don't slide it out..then u have the full touch BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    Sarcasm?
    If not...
    Well...
    Why should I buy a slider phone if I want a touchscreen phone? I'll just buy an Android/iPhone instead.

I'd honestly like to get the same stuff, that all of you guys (the ones suggesting to buy a slider, even though a full touch is desired), must have taken for this collectif delirium.
    03-04-15 10:24 AM
    Full touch is so common now. A slider would be excellent to stand amongst all those full touch phone! Slider with touch!!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 10:26 AM
    78% want a slider? Who are these ppl... :/

Posted via CB10
    BB fans, It should be obvious that most of the faithful like physical keyboards.
    03-04-15 10:32 AM
    BB fans, It should be obvious that most of the faithful like physical keyboards.
    I agree. What sets the BB apart, and what's kept me coming back, has been (and hopefully continues to be) the distinguishing characteristic of a physical keyboard. To go all touch negates any need to stick with BB.

Case in point for me, and somewhat ironically, the double-type fiasco on the Q10 has me looking at abandoning the platform! Simply because now that I will move the an all touch device, there are some terrific non BB alternatives.

Q10 SQN100-1- OS 10.2.1 ... on its 3rd keyboard.
    03-04-15 10:43 AM
    I personally prefer sliders.
    For BlackBerry to not become irrelevant, they need an all touch flagship though.

So how do I vote?
    That's the thing. I will never...EVER...own or use a full touch phone again. But so many people prefer them that it's foolish of BlackBerry not to produce one.

But I'm selfish so I voted slider.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-04-15 11:55 AM
    I agree. What sets the BB apart, and what's kept me coming back, has been (and hopefully continues to be) the distinguishing characteristic of a physical keyboard. To go all touch negates any need to stick with BB.

Case in point for me, and somewhat ironically, the double-type fiasco on the Q10 has me looking at abandoning the platform! Simply because now that I will move the an all touch device, there are some terrific non BB alternatives.

Q10 SQN100-1- OS 10.2.1 ... on its 3rd keyboard.
    What kept me on a bb was OS10 and it's vkb. I liked my tours pkb, hated my torches vkb. So I guess I'm not a bb person because I can do fine without the pkb and prefer OS10 to android or iOS?

Guess I'm a lost sheep.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-04-15 12:04 PM
    Slider. I want the best of both worlds

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 01:40 PM
    Slider

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport SR 10.3.1.1715, OS 10.3.1.2480
    03-04-15 01:41 PM
    The slider is full touch. You don't need to use the physical keyboard. Personally I might use the keyboard for shortcuts

Posted via CB10
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    03-04-15 01:48 PM
    Either... If it'll be full touch hope it's something more innovative, slick & powerful than Z30 plus design should be different... But if outta the box, a slider with a Z30 shell would be a headturner... Still, I'm in which ever they have depending on the power of it's specs... For me it's simply specs first then design...

via PassPort
    03-04-15 01:53 PM
    Full toch for me.

  
    03-04-15 02:39 PM
    It's because a slider gives you the best of both worlds. And is highly Innovative. It also differentiates itself with the rest of the phones on the market.
    The question is how will they Market this Slider? They need to market the crap out of it.

Posted by Q5
    If you give someone an old Torch (9810, etc, apart from the buttons / toolbelt) and glued it shut, you wouldn't really instantly figure out you're holding a slider, compare 9850/9860...

:-)

Chen wants iconic, and differentiated phones, so the slider will do better than a slab (to serve this purpose). After all, it's BlackBerry, not FlatBerry...

I can't imagine the coolness factor of having an awesome16:9 all-touch slab that does the Neo trick (like my old Nokia 7110)...

Surprise attack on iDroinerds... :-)

... plus the fun typing experience(s) of any BlackBerry out there, when and if I need it, and only then..

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    Aju likes this.
    03-04-15 04:30 PM
    Haha. I did this poll just to let people see that the slider is much wanted than the full touch

CB10 - Q10
    To be fair we already currently have 3 full touch devices (4 if you want to count the porsche)

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 04:33 PM
    I'd have originally said full touch, but I love the idea of BlackBerry being the maker of radical, unique phones that work. It gives the Passport and the Slider that exclusive, almost elite feel. I love it being the only one of its kind one the market; everything feels almost limited edition or collectable, if that makes sense.

Posted via CB10
    That's how I first felt with my Nokia 7110, no one had it, all on 5110/6110...

:-)

Click, like Neo. Plus the scroll-wheel, 1000(!) contacts (with email + other details) and WAP internet, that alone was worth it...

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    03-04-15 04:37 PM
    I didn't get a slider in the past bc the screens were too small. This one appears to be a full size touch with the keyboard slide which will work for me.
    03-04-15 04:43 PM
    full touch with TRACKPAD / TOUCHPAD

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 04:51 PM
    Full touch
    03-04-15 04:52 PM
    Slider will be best of both worlds. No brainer which one should be preferred as long as the form factor can be a slim enough profile and that the BlackBerry best of class virtual keyboard is available should someone decide not to slide out. :P

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 05:04 PM
    Slider will be best of both worlds. No brainer which one should be preferred as long as the form factor can be a slim enough profile and that the BlackBerry best of class virtual keyboard is available should someone decide not to slide out. :P

Posted via CB10
    This is a good option if they include a button that can lock the keyboard so it can't slide out. This would help for:
    -people that want an all touch device
    -when you don't want the keyboard to slide out by accident

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-04-15 05:07 PM
    This is a good option if they include a button that can lock the keyboard so it can't slide out. This would help for:
    -people that want an all touch device
    -when you don't want the keyboard to slide out by accident

Posted via CB10
    Thanks!

03-04-15 05:27 PM
    Sliders are not so durable..

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 06:34 PM
    Slider

If the hardware is otherwise equal, I'd probably chose a slider.

Z10 via CB10
    03-04-15 06:50 PM
    I vote for a Full Touch :-)

I MIGHT buy a slider, but it would be unlikely because I really don't like the way that on most phones with moving parts, the moving parts are usually the weak points. When I drop something its usually the doors / lids / hinges / buttons that break (i.e. the parts that are capable of being moved/removed). Also a slider mechanism tends to make the device more bulky, which is not good IMHO.

So I vote for a FULL TOUCH please.
    My thoughts exactly
    BlackBerry themselves have officially converted me to vkb with the Z10 and now I'm left in complete doubt whether I'll stay and take that slider or go WP/Droid. Time will tell I guess.

Voted full touch, cause that's my main option

Posted via CB10
    logger4942 likes this.
    03-04-15 07:09 PM
69 123