In an interview with Bloomberg Chen Discusses about the new devices for this year mentioning the Leap and 3 other devices, one being the Slider, when asked he states that it should be released by the end of the year. if so will you guys be willing to get the slider?
    Take a look at the video below
    BlackBerry Revenue to Begin Growing in a Year, Chen Says - Bloomberg Business
    There are other take aways from the video, just look at the darn thing lol the president Obamer love it
    Last edited by Jose Casiano; 04-27-15 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Update
    04-27-15 05:27 PM
    Slider by the end of the year....That's more like next year for the U.S.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    04-27-15 05:46 PM
    Could be but he did specify that the other two wouldn't make it by the end of this year so he seems rather confident that it will make it. But then Again in the U.S....
    04-27-15 06:16 PM
    so december 31st it is wahoo!
    04-27-15 06:22 PM
    End of the Chinese calendar year.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 06:23 PM
    Who really thought it would be sooner?

Posted via CB10
    Anthony_2u likes this.
    04-27-15 06:29 PM
    Let's make a bet that it will be available by the end of the year. If I win you send me the new slider lol. ( available from amazon or directly from BlackBerry)

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 06:29 PM
    Who really thought it would be sooner?

Posted via CB10
    I think we tho it might be later... plus it's good to hear some confirmation

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 06:39 PM
    Sounds about right,.. forget the US carriers, as long as it's on Amazon then it's "in the US."

I would be surprised if they actually pull it off though. Just seems like a device that would need lots of hardware prototype iterations. Without even getting into what OS modifications would be required (look at how long the Classic took).

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 06:54 PM
    Sounds about right,.. forget the US carriers, as long as it's on Amazon then it's "in the US."

I would be surprised if they actually pull it off though. Just seems like a device that would need lots of hardware prototype iterations. Without even getting into what OS modifications would be required (look at how long the Classic took).

Posted via CB10
    They have done sliders before I'm sure that they don't need that much prototyping question is if it has those edges like the s6 how will the os be updated and will the OS be updated for it? And that means new OS update already? What? Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 07:20 PM
    Wow that Eric guys is brutal. Great to see Chen can keep his composure.
    04-27-15 07:38 PM
    Considering it'll probably be a flagship, about a year after the Passport makes sense, so October-ish has always been my guess. I will get it for sure!

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    04-27-15 07:39 PM
    Considering it'll probably be a flagship, about a year after the Passport makes sense, so October-ish has always been my guess. I will get it for sure!

Posted via CB10
    Yes, makes sense. Fits with BlackBerry's roll out schedule of a new hardware device every 4-5 months. There is a certain predictability to Chen's statements.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 07:59 PM
    honestly this shouldnt surprise anyone. It was always given it was going to be later in the year and yet still this year to have "4 devices" this year
    04-27-15 08:12 PM
    What he meant is that the delay of the slider will be announced at the end of the year.
    04-27-15 08:16 PM
    What he meant is that the delay of the slider will be announced at the end of the year.
    Ahhh..Now that makes sense.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-27-15 08:18 PM
    honestly this shouldnt surprise anyone. It was always given it was going to be later in the year and yet still this year to have "4 devices" this year
    I don't think it's a surprise more of a confirmation, he said in the video that the other 2 devices won't make it this year...

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-27-15 08:31 PM
    Tempting

Beproud
    04-27-15 08:33 PM
    I don't think it's a surprise more of a confirmation, he said in the video that the other 2 devices won't make it this year...

Posted via CB10
    wait so only 2 devices this year then? the leap now and the slider and that is it? wow that is not promising. What about the porsche design? I havent watched the interview yet but something seems messed up in translation here.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-27-15 08:34 PM
    Wow so he is already are backing off delivering the four devices less than two months after MWC, so no way can you believe him that the slider will be here by end of the year. He avoids specifics all interview. Good interviewer grilling him for stuff that needs asked. BlackBerry is just sad now. I'll give them the what for in a survey they just sent me for what good it will do.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    04-27-15 08:48 PM
    if its not by september it will cost 2 sales from me and my wife.... this is such a shame i need it by than or its a not gonna happen.
    04-27-15 08:50 PM
    wait so only 2 devices this year then? the leap now and the slider and that is it? wow that is not promising. What about the porsche design? I havent watched the interview yet but something seems messed up in translation here.
    He kinda explains a bit but I mean yeah if I remember correctly he says of like yeah its planned but pushed back a bit.
    Watch the video lol

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 09:10 PM
    He kinda explains a bit but I mean yeah if I remember correctly he says of like yeah its planned but pushed back a bit.
    Watch the video lol

Posted via CB10
    Yet more missing the expectations they set. Also explains why the roadmap sucked, they didn't have it figured out!

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    Maxxxpower and MarsupilamiX like this.
    04-27-15 09:13 PM
    Yet more missing the expectations they set. Also explains why the roadmap sucked, they didn't have it figured out!

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    Just rechecking the video he said the other two may or may not make the deadline they are rechecking that to make sure when they will. "Maybe at the same time or " interviewer; "what's the hold up? "Chen; this is a very tedious process a very complicated process not only on the technology side, the software side but also the market reception and positioning of it, it sometimes if you rush things out, it might not be as great as it could be, that's the hold up right now "

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 09:20 PM
    if so will you guys be willing to get the slider?
    My hatred for the slider form factor is such that I wouldn't use one if someone gave it to me for free.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 10:10 PM
129 123 ...