My hatred for the slider form factor is such that I wouldn't use one if someone gave it to me for free.

Posted via CB10
    I don't see why not? What is so bad about it?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 10:14 PM
    My hatred for the slider form factor is such that I wouldn't use one if someone gave it to me for free.

Posted via CB10
    Somehow I think that you are exaggerating. You could always keep the physical keyboard closed and just use the touchscreen.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 10:46 PM
    Nice. So we'll have a slider by the end of BlackBerry fiscal year.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    04-27-15 10:49 PM
    Chens fiscal year end is june 2016

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.500
    04-27-15 11:00 PM
    Just rechecking the video he said the other two may or may not make the deadline they are rechecking that to make sure when they will.
    There's no need to rush to meet deadlines. The Snapdragon S4 chipset is timeless!
    04-27-15 11:01 PM
    Showing device 7-8 months prior to release is not a good idea! Same they did with Passport.

Diplomatic Passport
    Akuji_ism likes this.
    04-27-15 11:41 PM
    Who really thought it would be sooner?

Posted via CB10
    Passport and Classic still fresh why rush the phones let them sell some more as well as the Leap. Keep it steady and relevant.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 11:52 PM
    Honestly, when the Z10 came out I saw no one here in Toronto with it, but then two years later and people are rocking this device along with the Z30 and Passport. I had loved my legacy devices in the Torch and Curve, but when the performance started to drop on the Z10 and BlackBerry was pushing out updates and apps to better the device, my Z10 couldn't hold it. I never once in my life since using the old Motorola flip phone that looked like the pizza hut symbol, felt that, something so incredible and innovative could be as simple as a phone.

I hated with the passion that when my Torch broke, I never wanted another slider-device that had a "belt" inside that made the phone move up and down. I thought to myself, isn't there a way to make such a phone where these things aren't the cause of the problem that make people hate them? They brake and come apart so easily, I was frustrated when my Torch broke because I loved it so much. When I see the new "Slider", I feel somewhat impressed. But I would hate for it to have that mechanism belt in the back that makes the phone slide.

Ever since I bought my first BlackBerry, I knew that I would trust this brand because of how I was able to utilize the applications and make them functional with other work that I did. I want nothing more than to wait patiently for this Slider-device, but I also want to trust that BlackBerry/Chen will make a device that will last 3-5 years in the case that I prefer this new device over anything else that comes out along the way. It's similar to saying how a Legacy owner prefers the past and not the present, what they have gets the job done and still has that sense of security; which is great, because that means BlackBerry is still a product those people trust. So for those who have a Z10, I think if you feel comfortable with what you have, then don't give it up. I really want this Slider to be what the Torch line couldn't be, I imagine if BlackBerry had moved quickly and found more innovation 6 years ago, who knows where that line could have gone.

Regardless of when the Slider/Glide is coming out, I have no problem waiting. My Z30 does everything its suppose to and more. Something tells me we'll see this device by mid-late November, while the other two-devices will be released around February and April/June 2016. By late 2016, the Passport should be ready for its 2nd phase release going all-touch or something completely different.

At least BlackBerry isn't coercing or pushing its user base to constantly deal with device change after device change, loyal yes, but isheep we are not. There is a difference in wanting something that works compared to something that isn't broken but looks appealing for the sake of "fitting-in" and "going with the crowd".
    04-28-15 03:03 AM
    Why is Chen not holding a BB device during the interview? It would have been great to see a Passport on that table...
    04-28-15 04:00 AM
    By the end of the year? Calendar, fiscal, or neptunian year

Classically posted, until I can Slide in a post.
    04-28-15 04:59 AM
    I'd be very surprised if it was fiscal year.

Looks like another 6 months to go at least.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 05:03 AM
    Just rechecking the video he said the other two may or may not make the deadline they are rechecking that to make sure when they will. "Maybe at the same time or " interviewer; "what's the hold up? "Chen; this is a very tedious process a very complicated process not only on the technology side, the software side but also the market reception and positioning of it, it sometimes if you rush things out, it might not be as great as it could be, that's the hold up right now "

Posted via CB10
    Yes I saw it. Translation: We can't get them out any quicker because we are a skeleton crew!

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    techvisor likes this.
    04-28-15 05:37 AM
    Totally disappointed! BlackBerry is not filling the gaps. Thats what happened with BlackBerry in 2010-2011 when they were struck with OS10 and didn't release new devices! Consumers migrated to IOS or Android.

Diplomatic Passport
    04-28-15 05:46 AM
    Why is Chen not holding a BB device during the interview? It would have been great to see a Passport on that table...
    If we are talking about the Bloomberg interview, the interviewer has his personal Z30 on the table. At the end, the interviewer proclaims himself a BlackBerry user, holds up his Z30 and says it is " cool" to the anchor woman. More credible than Chen holding up a handset.

TCB on Z10
    techvisor and BerryRipe like this.
    04-28-15 05:48 AM
    Lol, maybe they should just get Samsung to do the design and manufacturing too with those kind of deadlines. Very disappointing to hear Chen flip flop on devices. First, it was we are getting out of device business. Then, it became we are only going for business users. Then, it was we are only going to run the business if it generates a profit.

Let's see. Still seems like they're creating phones for the consumer first. I know that the leap, classic, and the other cheap touch was to appeal to enterprise but I'm not seeing a large adoption of these devices to warrant proclaiming a focus on the enterprise. We can obviously tell that iPhones have no problem getting into the enterprise even though they're typically more expensive. Gross margin is positive but net is still losing them money. No deadlines in site and I'm hesitant to believe the slider or whatever else will be able to compete with a s7 or iPhone 6s.

Sigh. Still crossing my fingers though for a solid idea. I was never into sliders but maybe enough other people will be. I'm not going to pretend I know how hard it is to get a full touch right but it definitely seems like there is some intense, internal debate going on at blackberry.
    04-28-15 06:13 AM
    He didn't say WHAT year... :-P
    04-28-15 06:34 AM
    He didn't say WHAT year... :-P
    Now, now,.. I'm sure BlackBerry already has enough lawyers on their payroll.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 06:49 AM
    I hope the end of the year is not after the shopping season is over. BlackBerry needs to make the devices available ahead of the peak shopping period, otherwise they may lose more customers to the other platforms!
    04-28-15 06:57 AM
    I hope the end of the year is not after the shopping season is over. BlackBerry needs to make the devices available ahead of the peak shopping period, otherwise they may lose more customers to the other platforms!
    I agree. If the Slider is so late to market that it misses the holiday season, then I worry that the new iPhone or top Androids will steal a large chunk of BlackBerry customers who need to upgrade or replace their old phones.
    04-28-15 08:48 AM
    End of the Chinese calendar year.

Posted via CB10
    Haha good one! That's the spirit with BlackBerry, we have to set low expectations with the 'coming soon' statement.

To BB or not to BB?
    04-28-15 08:52 AM
    I agree. If the Slider is so late to market that it misses the holiday season, then I worry that the new iPhone or top Androids will steal a large chunk of BlackBerry customers who need to upgrade or replace their old phones.
    Probably will happen anyway. I'll see what the iPhone 7 or 6s is and determine then what I'm going to do. BlackBerry simply can't be counted on to continue a product line. PlayBook killed off because they had to focus on BB10. BB10 all touch upgrade ignored so they can focus on business. Whenever they focus on something, they drop the ball on everything else.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    eyesopen1111 and techvisor like this.
    04-28-15 08:52 AM
    Probably will happen anyway. I'll see what the iPhone 7 or 6s is and determine then what I'm going to do. BlackBerry simply can't be counted on to continue a product line. PlayBook killed off because they had to focus on BB10. BB10 all touch upgrade ignored so they can focus on business. Whenever they focus on something, they drop the ball on everything else.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    After reading Troy's post to my thread about Chen�s admission that BlackBerry is still losing money on handsets located here, I�m more and more convinced that the cycle of "change focus" to "layoffs" to "change focus" to "more layoffs" is a sneaky way of secretly winding down the money-losing handset division while still pretending to be committed to handsets.
    techvisor likes this.
    04-28-15 09:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    if you ever acquire the slider for free, please PM me so that you can send it my way

hell, i'll take a LEAP for free right now !
    04-28-15 10:02 AM
    Nooooooooooo! We want a full touch - Mr. Chen please listen to your customers.
    04-28-15 10:09 AM
    It's a bit surprising that Chen isn't getting lambasted for setting expectations this low. Another year before revenue stops declining? A master plan that gets market share all the way north of 1%? Seriously? I know the stock trades on sentiment and I know it is an option on future value, but with those expectations being set, I'm surprised the stock isn't taking a beating.
    04-28-15 10:30 AM
129 1234 ...