The Rim forget important application that can to be a choice factor for the buyeres .
    So important for rim ...
    I don't understand why the RIM don't have the skype application phone.

Also , as i don't understand why don't have the Voipbuster .

I have one IM+skype . I paid for it ...and i don't like the way how work . Hold the button for speak and leave the button for hear !!!
    Until the moment i am not sure how work ?

RIM need open the eyes and give us better aplications for we can compete with apple.

Anybody know ?

More speed on browser...it is necessary for open web site where we need put the password...
    09-13-11 05:24 PM
    Verizon bought exclusive Skype access on blackberry's. I've got the Skype blackberry native client on my 9930, and it works well. But it's not RIM's fault that Skype isn't available on all blackberry's.
    09-13-11 07:27 PM
    On pre-BB7 devices, CDMA BB's Qualcomm chipset cannot do VOIP. It is a hardware limitation. Skype got around this by partnering with Verizon. The phone actually calls in to Verizon's network, then connects to Skype (so it isn't true voip. That is why Verizon has exclusivity.

IM+ Talk got around it by recording audio by pressing the button, then sending, so it works like a walkie-talkie.

If I remember correctly, GSM devices are able to do VOIP, and there are a couple of SIP apps to do so. But since Verizon has their exclusivity deal, you don't see a Skype app for them. The Marvel chipset also has better audio features, which is why GSM devices have guitar tuner apps that won't work on CDMA BB's.

The BB7 devices have a new chipset, so I don't know how that plays into things.
    09-14-11 08:39 AM
    Thank you for information.

Anyway it is a big ... big problem for the RIM .

It is necessary that they put their devices hardware with this features.

If RIM want go ahead so need give / offer us a good aplications .
    09-14-11 02:21 PM
    On pre-BB7 devices, CDMA BB's Qualcomm chipset cannot do VOIP. It is a hardware limitation. Skype got around this by partnering with Verizon. The phone actually calls in to Verizon's network, then connects to Skype (so it isn't true voip. That is why Verizon has exclusivity.

IM+ Talk got around it by recording audio by pressing the button, then sending, so it works like a walkie-talkie.

If I remember correctly, GSM devices are able to do VOIP, and there are a couple of SIP apps to do so. But since Verizon has their exclusivity deal, you don't see a Skype app for them. The Marvel chipset also has better audio features, which is why GSM devices have guitar tuner apps that won't work on CDMA BB's.

The BB7 devices have a new chipset, so I don't know how that plays into things.
    Yes. You have reason. their are many SIP apps .
    I am not expert in do it.
    Anyway thank you for your aid.
    09-15-11 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD