Have Justin Bieber show off BB10/phones, make it look cool and tell eveyone to get in teen influence fashion.

DONE.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    12-07-13 12:47 AM
    Yezz indeed...
    They made a BIG mistake here.
    JB would have been great for the young people, it would have made bb look 'cool'.

Well yeah, let's move on i guess.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    12-07-13 12:52 AM
    BB can still do it.
    12-07-13 12:54 AM
    Unfortunately, it's too late for that.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-07-13 12:55 AM
    Yes, because after telling the press that Ann Frank would have been a Belieber, he could have told them she'd use BB10 too.
    :cantwatch:

You know maybe there's better choices out there instead of, or in addition to, Alicia Keys. I just don't think Justin Bieber is one of them.
    kbz1960, GG1, nquyen and 3 others like this.
    12-07-13 12:57 AM
    Why is it too late? Did Bieber say he's never working with BB?

Sometimes I think some of the people here dot understand or know how the world is. All BB has to do is get a popular influential to market BB and its over.
    12-07-13 01:01 AM
    Why is it too late? Did Bieber say he's never working with BB?

Sometimes I think some of the people here dot understand or know how the world is. All BB has to do is get a popular influential to market BB and its over.
    Because Justin Beiber was mocked by Blackberry. good luck getting the kid to support Blackberry at this point.
    Justin Bieber wanted to be BlackBerry's brand ambassador | CrackBerry.com
    JeepBB and Stewartj1 like this.
    12-07-13 01:11 AM
    not sure if serious....
    12-07-13 01:16 AM
    Wouldn't matter if Tupac and Elvis were announced as BB10 endorsers. Without the proper marketing, it's good money after bad.

Having a celebrity spokesperson do web specials that only current BB users will know about just doesn't cut it.

Maybe if Alicia Keys (or whoever) was in the Super Bowl ad instead of that elephant...
    12-07-13 01:47 AM
    Unfortunately, it's too late for that.
    No it's a GOOD thing. Believe me!

CB10 via Z10
    12-07-13 01:55 AM
    Web specials? Just do a commercial that targets Biebers demographics. Maybe have some poster ads with Bieber rocking it. And have Bieber use BB10 everywhere he goes and show it off when the cameras are on him. Something like that.

I can see it now, Bieber chilling on a couch using his phone, an interviewer or something similar goes up to him and asks what phone he's using and he praises it and makes it look awesome. And other things that influence dumb teens.

Keep in mindful examples I gave were quick undetailed examples, but you should get what I meant and the concept.
    12-07-13 11:26 AM
    Wouldn't matter if Tupac and Elvis were announced as BB10 endorsers. Without the proper marketing, it's good money after bad.

Having a celebrity spokesperson do web specials that only current BB users will know about just doesn't cut it.

Maybe if Alicia Keys (or whoever) was in the Super Bowl ad instead of that elephant...
    Are dead celebs big influencers of the tweenaged girl market then?
    12-07-13 11:41 AM
    You guys don't know how the world is outside your bubble. Kids, especially American kids, don't care if Bieber is an ***** or if he said Ms. Frank would be a Bieliber. Justin Bieber would be a gold mine for Bieber and that's the way it is. He's one of the biggest, if not the biggest, teen celebrity out right now.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    12-07-13 11:46 AM
    I wonder if Scarlett Johansson uses a BB? That would be sexy and excellent marketing.
    Stewartj1, Elite1 and thekidshop like this.
    12-07-13 11:50 AM
    You guys don't know how the world is outside your bubble. Kids, especially American kids, don't care if Bieber is an ***** or if he said Ms. Frank would be a Bieliber. Justin Bieber would be a gold mine for Bieber and that's the way it is. He's one of the biggest, if not the biggest, teen celebrity out right now.
    Actually, I'm sure there are many here who agree with you and reckon JB would be an awesome marketing influence in the teenaged girl market.

Such a shame then that BB laughed his offer away, and then publicised that rejection.

Justin doesn't need the money, and BB need him much more than he needs them. The belieber brand is stronger than BlackBerry's now... And there has to be a certain level of embarrassment at this story going public. Given all that, do you think Justin will be offering his endorsement to BB again anytime soon?
    propeller10 likes this.
    12-07-13 12:11 PM
    I wonder if Scarlett Johansson uses a BB? That would be sexy and excellent marketing.
    You know what's funny? For some reason I thought of her too last night while first reading this thread. Probably because I've seen her in two different TV commercials over last couple days.

But yeah, her for the guys and some eye candy male celeb for the girls, using BB10 to communicate with each other would be awesome.
    12-07-13 12:31 PM
    You know what's funny? For some reason I thought of her too last night while first reading this thread. Probably because I've seen her in two different TV commercials over last couple days.

But yeah, her for the guys and some eye candy male celeb for the girls, using BB10 to communicate with each other would be awesome.
    Agreed. Scarlett Johansson is a marketing dream. If only. If only.
    Elite1 likes this.
    12-07-13 12:37 PM
    Web specials? Just do a commercial that targets Biebers demographics. Maybe have some poster ads with Bieber rocking it. And have Bieber use BB10 everywhere he goes and show it off when the cameras are on him. Something like that.

I can see it now, Bieber chilling on a couch using his phone, an interviewer or something similar goes up to him and asks what phone he's using and he praises it and makes it look awesome. And other things that influence dumb teens.

Keep in mindful examples I gave were quick undetailed examples, but you should get what I meant and the concept.
    You're misunderstanding my point when I said Web specials.

I agree completely that BB10 would benefit from celebrity endorser(s) featured in an ad campaign.

My point was that, had it been Bieber or anyone else instead of Alicia Keys, it would have have been ineffective because that's how BBRY decided to use their celeb endorsers at that time.

There weren't a bunch of bad Alicia Keys BB10 ads. At least if there were you could say they tried.
    So if it was a different celeb like Bieber, there wouldn't have been TV ads with them either.

The biggest mistake was lack of properly directed advertising. More network TV ads were needed, and still are!
    12-07-13 12:39 PM
    I think you meant "Justin Bieber would be a gold mine for BlackBerry" not Bieber.

I'm hardly in a bubble. I understand and appreciate Bieber's success and insane popularity.

But I don't think his fans are a target market that matters enough to focus on completely. And I say completely because Bieber annoys the **** out of most adults I know, whether young or old.

Someone with more widespread appeal would be better. An example that comes to mind is Justin Timberlake.
    12-07-13 12:45 PM

But I don't think his fans are a target market that matters enough to focus on completely. And I say completely because Bieber annoys the **** out of most adults I know, whether young or old.
    Heh-heh, I'm just guessing here... But you're not a parent to teenaged girls then?

JB annoys me on sight... He's the date from hell to every father I'm guessing... But, he's not trying to impress me... teenage girls *are* impressed, and the pester power they can apply to doting fathers everywhere is awesome.
    12-07-13 01:06 PM
    With blackberry's luck I'm sure Bieber would give their phones a reputation for being kids toys that can't do what adults need.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 01:10 PM
    Considering the unjustifiably comical hate that Beiber and BlackBerry both receive, there could have been potential to make a memorable commercial.

But regardless, I don't believe BB has the talent or imagination to take advantage of the situation.
    12-07-13 01:15 PM
    I don't think those pics and vids Beiber likes to post on Instagram with him obviously stoned out of his mind and looking a wreck is an image BB would like to be linked to.
    Elite1 and GG1 like this.
    12-07-13 01:15 PM
    Deadmau5.

sent from my galaxy note 3
    12-07-13 03:15 PM
    I would think at this stage of the game if I where blackberry I would have some hands on workshops at some of the larger consumer areas.

I would have some tech folks from blackberry show off how OS10 and a blackberry device could improve their day to task.

I honestly think if you had the right people who could point out why you don't need a ton of apps to do your everyday task and a Blackberry is the right device for their needs?

You can show off the hub, peek and the great stuff that OS10 has to offer. Forget advertising for now. Get face to face and up close and personal with the consumer. Show them your going to be there for the long haul.

I know it sounds far fetched, but what do you have to loose, be creative and innovative and do something no one else is doing.

I can't think of a better way to interact with your costumer then getting you hands dirty with them. Just a thought.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5
    12-07-13 03:28 PM
26 12