I've seen this question on a few different places but have never found a firm answer. I'm afraid to try it since I don't want to be charged for data usage.

I have a BIS Personal Plan on my Bold and have full access to push services and everything else. Is it possible to use my SIM in a non-BB device? I know the voice/sms services will work but as far as data goes, will it work like normal? It's a WindowsMobile device that I use mainly to toy around on. BB is for emails/calls and important things.

Obviously, I'm not going to get push email or see websites that have been compressed through RIMs server but won't basic data still work?

Hopefully someone knows for sure. Like I said, I don't want to accidentally get charged for data usage if I test it out in my non-BB phone.
    04-28-09 06:48 PM
    I wonder if AT&T will prompt you before you are about to access data like TMO does?
    04-28-09 08:35 PM
    i asked the same question when i first got my Bold and went back to AT&T. i still had my old trusty GSM phones laying around and planned to use them as backups. everyone said it would work just fine and that others have done it. i havent even tried it yet though since i bought a Curve used as a backup phone, so theres no need. you should be fine though and as long as the phone is properly set up for the carriers data services, it should work. call AT&T just to be sure.
    04-29-09 03:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD