Out of a company of nearly 100 smartphones it's down to me and one other person that still carries a Blackberry.....
    ...There are 5 Windows phones and the rest are pretty much split up between Droid and IOS with I think slightly more Droids.
    ...Still, I have hope that BB10 will be what it needs to be to stay in the game and stop the blood loss!

Still, the O.P. was positive and I think all of us need as much of that as possible.....
    ...Thanks O.P.!
    12-10-12 09:29 PM
    Maybe as loyal Blackberrians, we are reading too much into the loyalty thing.

Consumers do what consumers do.

When they need or want a new thing, they do due diligence research, on the web, talk to friends, assess their needs, whats the best, whats hot etc.

Loyalty to a brand is a bit old. Can you imagine being loyal to a car, washing machine, tyre, watch or any of your devices.

We are loyal, but we are very few. If BB10 is as good as it appears to be, it will succeed.
    12-10-12 09:53 PM
    When they need or want a new thing, they do due diligence research, on the web, talk to friends, assess their needs, whats the best, whats hot etc.
    This. I am afraid though that there are a lot more pro-iPhone and pro-Android journalists out there. So, BB 10 (assuming, it turns out to be a great product), might not get glowing reviews relative to iPhone and Android.
    12-10-12 10:53 PM
    I think� no there isn't a greater loyalty, quite the reverse. Most people I know are no longer interested in BlackBerry, especially as it's taking months to come out. When it does it's going to be another touchscreen. They are even switching from iOS to Android (S3). There are of course lots of older people with work issued Blackberries so there will be some around for a while.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    12-10-12 11:46 PM
    I heard representitives at my carrier, my carriers rival, and various other locations that sell phones from multiple carriers whispering excitedly about bb10, and a few who have been forced out by their companies are extremely excited for the return as they say they miss their blackberry and are glad that they didn't go bankrupt or otherwise.
    12-12-12 04:28 PM
    love my BB's and no desire to move to any other phones and people I know with iphone have said they go back to blackberry's.
    12-12-12 05:03 PM
    My observations...

I've been without a car here in NY for approx 3 months now....so I've been taking public transportation. It becomes a 2-3 hour commute each direction, M-F.

As I've been exposed to exponentially higher numbers of people throughout my daily travels, I've noticed that there are many more BBs in the wild than popular media would have you believe. What surprises me more is that on a particular bus route that passes through a college campus, I can see college kids with them...sometimes every phone within my field of view is a BB, and it's encouraging for me as a RIM supporter.

Prior to this incident in my life, I felt like I could have been 1 of 500 as a BB mobile device user...now I'm feeling more like 1 of 30. Still...I don't hear many talking about how great the devices are, how anxious they are to get their new one, or how attached they are to their device. The louder voices these days are trumpeting Samsung it seems. But that's fine by me...I'm proud to be 1 of the faithful, regardless of the stats.
    12-12-12 05:23 PM
    Th OP lives in the Waterloo area. I would hope there is a strong pocket of BB users there! I live in Alberta, Canada, so I still see a bunch of BBs, but more androids and iphones. As was said before, I hope people will be willing to fairly check out BB10 "for old times sake" and be wowed with what they see. Maybe that phrase can be used in advertising?
    Not much of a strong hold in waterloo. Mostly iphone
    12-12-12 05:42 PM
    You said room full of 40 to 50 year olds. That's a key. Part of RIMs issue is generational. That is a problem for ANY tech company. How to be considered "cool" across different generations. Very difficult.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-12-12 05:48 PM
    Im getting bored of this I dont want to write walls of text anymore.We should be silent and let it be decided soon enough in good time.RIM will be back selling WAY more than experts and naysayers claim.All those dual wielders off BB and phone X once they hear about BB10 has the apps and games they will be back Im certain of that.The core functionality of BB was'nt the issue just apps and games and its back redifiend and better.

This is boring RIMS being well underestimated it will take a while to get the big gains but it will do better than good.People really have no clue how trends start oh well it will all come good.RIM dont stop they always in motion.
    12-12-12 06:20 PM
    In theory a lot of the poison posters will fade away from here in February 2013.

What will we do then? Go post on iMore or AndroidCentral or WPCentral? Nah. Not our style.

Can't wait!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-12-12 06:27 PM
    How deep does the Silent loyalty run?

Another questions is how deep does Corportate loyalty run?

Interesting article >> Research In Motion Poised To Conquer The Enterprise Space Once Again - Seeking Alpha
    bungaboy, Ray UM and kbz1960 like this.
    12-13-12 12:00 PM
    I think it really depends on where you are. I have a pretty wide social and work circle, and I know 2 people using Blackberries. One is my girlfriend, who has had a nightmare of a time with hardware issues with her phone, and is just waiting for her upgrade to switch to something else even though BB10 is out soon. I just can't see anyone switching to or back to Blackberry that I know. Again, someone else will have an entirely different circle though, and their experiences might be different.

If anything, I have noticed a rush to Samsung. From both Apple users and BB/Other users. They all seem to love the products too.

As for me? I am due for an upgrade in about 4 months and it's going to be pretty interesting. I have no 'loyalty', sorry. I just buy what I think is best at the time. I use an iPhone, but I am completely open to what's around when it's upgrade time. If that's a BB10 device, great. But it might not be. I'll have a couple of months to see how things go.
    12-13-12 12:54 PM
    I live in Waterloo and they are still everywhere. More and more people are switching over to iPhones every day, not so many android, but overall most people are waiting for BB10.
    12-13-12 07:16 PM
39 12