My wife and I just recently got BB 8330s and we like everything about them. The only problem is we have poor signals inside our house. During the day we cannot receive or make calls with out the signal being lost. It is somewhat better at night. Our email and SMS seem fine. If I go outside my calls are much better. Have any of you tried these signal boosters. The ones with the antenna you mount outside your house like the Wi-Ex zBoost YX500 PCS.

I would pay the money if I thought it would work. My provider is Sprint.
    04-06-09 02:04 AM
    ive never had to use one, but i think people that had the right repeaters have always had good reviews about them and say they worked well enough for what they needed.
    04-06-09 02:08 AM
    Since you have sprint, look up the Airave. That will allow you to connect it to your home internet conection and use it basically as your own cell phone tower. There are threads for it in the sprint forum so feel free to look in there. It doesn't do anything for data though. But your call coverage is incredible. Some reviewers have said they almost forgot they were on a cell phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 01:37 PM
    I use a wilson dualband wirless booster with my storm and it works great. I do a lot of work up in North Dakota, and needless to say, service is sketchy at best. With my phone in the cradle that comes with the booster, i can use my ear piece and talk just fine. I think the price was a little over 400. It's actually made for a vehicle, but it works just fine here in side the trailer that we stay in on location.

Also, you can look at those femtocell's, but the only problem with them is, you have to have a high speed internet connection, and my problem with those is, i live far enough out (in east texas) that i can't get cable/dsl or anything like that. All i can get is satellite internet, and from what I hear they aren't suppose to work that good with the sat connections.

But the wilson booster that i use has done me great so far. I have been thinking about buying the "In Home" one for the house, but they are 7-800 depending on what kind of setup you get.
    04-06-09 02:01 PM
    Deemon, I looked into the Airave. Checked it out online and then went to the local Sprint store and picked one up. The difference in my signal quality is remarkable. Where I had no bars before I now have 4 or 5 and the call quality is near perfect. The basic service is $4.99 a month but for an additional $10.00 per line you get all minutes used over the device at no additional charge. We are Realtors and we work from home a great deal so this for us is going to be a really good deal. Thanks for the heads up as I had never seen or heard of this thing before.
    04-08-09 02:02 AM
    Awesome. I am glad that I could help you two out. The only other thing was that some people were able to call and get the airave for free or discounted service charges too. But I am glad that it solved your signal problems at home.

04-08-09 10:49 AM
    Glad to hear you have the problem resolved. Have heard the Airave has been a big hit for folks with signal issues.

04-08-09 10:54 AM
    Got mines free and the one year free service you just have to call CS and tell them you have spotty service...airave will be at ya house!!
    04-29-09 04:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD