i've seen threads that have the same problem as me and i did what you guy's said to do but it won't work.

i too, have a curve 8320 and i JUST set up my wifi in my house for my laptop and i tried to connect to wifi from my phone and it shuts off, restarts itself and shuts off all over again and repeats this. i'm so angry, i'm not all caught up on computer/downloading lingo so use words i can understand.

so please help me guy's. i'm actually going to my bfs house, do you think if i went there with my phone and turned it on it wouldn't try to connect and would e okay? i would then change my wifi connection choice? or no?? help =(
    06-22-08 04:52 PM
    Is it the standard operating system? Do you have that WiFi on your plan from your service provider?
    06-22-08 04:54 PM
    from what i understand, wifi is in my data plan. i have connected to other's wifi connections when i'm at their houses before, so it will work. but it just won't work with MY wifi connection
    06-22-08 04:57 PM
    Is your WiFI network a secure network? Does it have a lock on it.
    06-22-08 05:00 PM
    no we haven't gotten that far, it was just hooked up an hour ago
    06-22-08 05:01 PM
    Your phone or the wifi network?
    06-22-08 05:02 PM
    the wireless internet router. i can't even use my phone right now because if i turn it on it will just turn off and restart
    06-22-08 05:07 PM
    Even if your out of your wireless network?
    06-22-08 05:08 PM
    that's what i was thinking, if i got in my car and drove a couple blocks away, would it be too far and not connect so i could actually turn my phone on and it wouldn't freak out and then i would change the settings?
    06-22-08 05:10 PM
    If it works at other people's houses just fine then it must be your router or you have your network set up incorrectly, who set up your network?

I'm almost positive that it's not your phone, it doesn't make any sense that it would work other places but not at your house, have someone bring their phone to your house and see if they can connect on your WiFi network. If they can then it's your phone. If they can't it's your network or your router. Have someone check your network settings and if the settings are fine. Tell a T-Mo rep that your router is defective and you'd like a replacement.
    06-22-08 05:11 PM
    shut the router off and turn on the BB
    06-22-08 05:12 PM
    okay so i just got in my car and drove far enough to change the settings and everything is ok lol thanks for the help
    06-22-08 05:24 PM
    shut the router off and turn on the BB
    lmao... Wow, I can't believe it took that long for someone to think of this, it never even crossed my mind.
    06-22-08 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD