Heres a cool site I found comparing all specs of playbook and nexus.

Primary Differences seem to be

playbook more storage, better cameras, and horizontal form factor

nexus more battery life, more resolution, no rear facing camera, max of 16 gb storage and vertical form factor. It doesnt have alot of the bells and whistles the playbook has as regards hardware.

Google Nexus 7 vs RIM BlackBerry PlayBook - Phone specs comparison
    06-27-12 03:46 PM
    which one has better applications?
    06-27-12 04:10 PM
    Havent seen any applications for the Nexus yet
    06-27-12 04:22 PM

I like visuals.
    06-27-12 04:25 PM
    I posted this in another forum but you can also try this one. Though not as detailed, this one allows you to adjust the size of the devices to their actual size.
    06-27-12 04:34 PM
    Flash not supported.
    06-27-12 04:44 PM
    Flash not supported.
    Not supported in Chrome, but you can download other browsers that do support Flash.

I think leaving it out of the default browser is just another little gentle kick to the content owners to move on from Flash. Please! Having Google and Apple on the same page on this issue is good for both companies.

But if you really want Flash, there are apps for that.

I got a few moments with a Nexus 7 today, the browser (Chrome) is very fast, and very smooth (especially noticeable in zooming and scroll). They're finally figuring out how touch really should work. Android has come a long way, can't wait til we get a couple to keep in a few weeks. This thing is a HUGE improvement over previous Android tablets. I would caution anyone who is dismissing this based on their experience with older Android tablets to sit and try one first.
    Last edited by app_Developer; 06-27-12 at 04:55 PM.
    06-27-12 04:50 PM
    Not supported in Chrome, but you can download other browsers that do support Flash.

I think leaving it out of the default browser is just another little gentle kick to the content owners to move on from Flash. Please! Having Google and Apple on the same page on this issue is good for both companies.

But if you really want Flash, there are apps for that.

I got a few moments with a Nexus 7 today, the browser (Chrome) is very fast, and very smooth (especially noticeable in zooming and scroll). They're finally figuring out how touch really should work. Android has come a long way, can't wait til we get a couple to keep in a few weeks. This thing is a HUGE improvement over previous Android tablets. I would caution anyone who is dismissing this based on their experience with older Android tablets to sit and try one first.
    Cool glad the option is there. I'm going to hang with what I have until RIM shows me that they haven't learned or changed. Or they don't survive.
    06-27-12 05:01 PM
    Not an entirely accurate comparison (PhoneArena could update a few things in their writeup of the Playbook).

I wouldn't go by individual stuff like Flash compatibility. I WOULD like to see the overall build quality of the device, and I'm interested in seeing how usable ICS is compared to BB10. There may be some enterprise-specific features (does the Nexus7 support encryption, for instance?).

Some interesting stuff like WMV & AAC compatibility on the PB (tho I wonder if WMV is as relevant as it was a few years ago?).

The Nexus kicks when it comes to CPU/GPU, and it should be a nice little media device. That low storage is a bit of a concern, though.
    06-27-12 05:02 PM
    Not an entirely accurate comparison (PhoneArena could update a few things in their writeup of the Playbook).

I wouldn't go by individual stuff like Flash compatibility. I WOULD like to see the overall build quality of the device, and I'm interested in seeing how usable ICS is compared to BB10. There may be some enterprise-specific features (does the Nexus7 support encryption, for instance?).

Some interesting stuff like WMV & AAC compatibility on the PB (tho I wonder if WMV is as relevant as it was a few years ago?).

The Nexus kicks when it comes to CPU/GPU, and it should be a nice little media device. That low storage is a bit of a concern, though.
    Same model as amazon cloud based storage through google drive
    06-27-12 05:08 PM
    Same model as amazon cloud based storage through google drive
    Cloud storage is fantastic if you have constant connectivity. Not all of us enjoy that luxury.
    06-27-12 05:13 PM
    Yes but eventually that is the goal isn't it 100% global connectivity.

And until then relatively easy to create a playlist on ur tablet of what you need offline
    06-27-12 05:17 PM
    The ASUS MeMO 370T has the extras (microSD, HDMI) that the Nexus 7 is missing, but took away the front facing camera... argh!

Google Nexus 7 vs Asus MeMO 370T - Phone specs comparison

It has the same price point too, $249 for 16 GB.
    06-27-12 06:07 PM
    It doesnt have alot of the bells and whistles the playbook has as regards hardware.
    If the bells and whistles didn't help sell the PB when it stood alone in the category of cheap 7", non-Apple tablet, how will they help now that there is strong competition with respected brands and better content offerings in the space?

I don't think the categories the PB are strong in make much difference to the people buying $200 tablets, often as gifts for someone else, or just something to geek around with. Just ask Amazon about how reliable that market is. It is a bad, bad thing to win the race to the bottom.
    06-27-12 08:10 PM
    If the bells and whistles didn't help sell the PB when it stood alone in the category of cheap 7", non-Apple tablet, how will they help now that there is strong competition with respected brands and better content offerings in the space?

I don't think the categories the PB are strong in make much difference to the people buying $200 tablets, often as gifts for someone else, or just something to geek around with. Just ask Amazon about how reliable that market is. It is a bad, bad thing to win the race to the bottom.

RIM said they are focusing on enterprise anyway. Just because "we act like" the PlayBook is going head to head with the Kindle Fire, etc. Does not mean that is the true target market. The current price of the PlayBook is obviously meant to reduce inventory and make access easy for Devs. I do not think RIM is foolish enough to think the PlayBook can be a profitable item in the consumer market.

If BB10 succeeds you can expect RIM to (my guesses of course):

Release new tablet hardware using BB10.

Create secure services that tie the tablet hardware more and more into Mobile Fusion.

Focus on secure services to make margins and price the tablet hardware as high as that "niche" market allows.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-27-12 08:22 PM
    Tegra 3, kick a** OS, complete thriving ecosystem, getting two of these tablets at launch. New leader of the 7 inch tabs.
    Last edited by darkmanx2g; 06-27-12 at 08:53 PM.
    06-27-12 08:51 PM
    Really? Perhaps you've missed the plethora of articles actually critical of the relatively few apps written for Android tablets. But go ahead and knock yourself out.
    06-27-12 09:04 PM
    Really? Perhaps you've missed the plethora of articles actually critical of the relatively few apps written for Android tablets. But go ahead and knock yourself out.
    That's a good point, there are surprisingly few apps that really take advantage of the tablet size. I guess that's because there are so few users with android tablets compared to how many have Android phones, and so designers and developers focus so much on the phone and then let the tablets scale that as they will. So the apps scale, but in most cases the experience is far from optimal.

I hope we won't see designers and developers do that with BB10 also.
    Last edited by app_Developer; 06-28-12 at 12:13 AM.
    06-27-12 11:48 PM
    Perhaps you don't understand that android does not need stand alone android apps for tablets like ios, to which you compare it. This is because android support various resolutions such as 320x480, 480x800, 540x960, 800x1280 ect., on devices that range anywhere from 3.2" to 7.0". In comparison to iOS for the iphone which only supports 2 different resolutions (320x460 & 640x960) on ONE screen size (3.5" ). This means that developing apps for the ipad was absolutely necessary seeing as how the applications didn't support a higher resolution NOR any other screen size...

What this means is that android apps developed for any android powered device will run and look great no matter what type of device you happen to be running it on. This is why Google has chosen to not require dedicated apps for tablets because in android one size really does fit all. You would know that if you actually used an android tablet instead of probably getting your info from the comment section of some blog.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    kennyliu likes this.
    06-28-12 12:07 AM
    Compared to the PBOS apps, probably half of which are emulated Gingerbread apps or Digi-Media ebooks, Android has many more "tablet-optimized" apps.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/c...start=0&num=24

But as noted above, all apps will scale to fit a tablet screen and will work just OK.

I wish the App World had 1/10 of the apps available for Android, including tablets.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 06-28-12 at 12:18 AM.
    06-28-12 12:16 AM
    Nothing to wow from this new tablet.
    Playbook still has an advantage to me due to:

-OS
    -Flash
    -HDMI
    -Bridge

For the google nexus there is a biggest app choice. But the playbook can run android app even it is from previous (android) os version.
    06-28-12 02:23 AM
    the nexus has flash.
    yanicmb likes this.
    06-28-12 05:20 AM
    Ok in a comparison I saw it was indicated no flash!
    thanks for the update!
    06-28-12 06:40 AM
    PB forum would be nice place for this thread.

Just taking up room here.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    06-28-12 07:03 AM
    Nothing to wow from this new tablet.
    Playbook still has an advantage to me due to:

-OS
    -Flash
    -HDMI
    -Bridge
    So far, you are compiling an impeccable list of features that do not constitute a real advantage in the marketplace. Keep it going.
    06-28-12 07:42 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD