Which TouchWiz-bloated, Samsung Galaxy whatever device are you using?
    Not even. Android can be very laggy. Don't even say such crap. I've used many next gen android devices and my z30 has been smoother. In case you are wondering which ones I've used S3, S4, S5, Note 3, HTC One, LG G2, Moto X. Just so I'm not said to be talking out of my a**

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 08:25 PM
    Not even. Android can be very laggy. Don't even say such crap. I've used many next gen android devices and my z30 has been smoother. In case you are wondering which ones I've used S3, S4, S5, Note 3, HTC One, LG G2, Moto X. Just so I'm not said to be talking out of my a**

Posted via CB10
    Wow, you listed off a bunch of phones that run Android with OEM and/or carrier modifications on top. Congratulations, you've proved absolutely nothing about how actual Android performs.

Buy a Nexus or another phone that runs pure Android and then see how Android performs.
    09-30-14 08:33 PM
    I'm using Astrill which isn't free. I had to do some research in the forums to get it installed on my BB. But it's working rather great now. Much better than on my ipad btw. You need to download software first on your pc, then create an Astrill account and do a credit card payment. I also found Astrill's technical support pretty good. Quick and accurate.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 08:41 PM
    Wow, you listed off a bunch of phones that run Android with OEM and/or carrier modifications on top. Congratulations, you've proved absolutely nothing about how actual Android performs.

Buy a Nexus or another phone that runs pure Android and then see how Android performs.
    Run the latest Android on a device with similar specs to a Z30 and then compare otherwise you guys are just having a pointless pissing match.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    09-30-14 10:07 PM

Why can't compare out of the box devices. Are you saying that Android phones are so bad that they can't run out of the box properly without reinstalling the OS? Thanks for clarifying that people shouldn't buy Android unless they want to go though all the hassle. Most people don't know how to program the DVR much less finding and installing an OS on a cell phone.

Better that they buy an OS that works out of the box like BB10.
    spikesolie and Playbook007 like this.
    09-30-14 10:10 PM
    What makes you think that such a thing as a free vpn exists? Nothing in life is free.

Posted via CB10
    broilator likes this.
    10-01-14 01:35 AM

Is it branded as android? Yes.

Bb10 is qnx with oem modifications then

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    10-01-14 01:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    My moto x is very stable. Unusually so. So is that the device you updated?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    10-01-14 02:19 AM
    Run the latest Android on a device with similar specs to a Z30 and then compare otherwise you guys are just having a pointless pissing match.
    The moto x is pretty much the same specs wise

10-01-14 02:19 AM
    Why can't compare out of the box devices. Are you saying that Android phones are so bad that they can't run out of the box properly without reinstalling the OS? Thanks for clarifying that people shouldn't buy Android unless they want to go though all the hassle. Most people don't know how to program the DVR much less finding and installing an OS on a cell phone.

No he's saying there's Android and then there's modified monstrosities of Android like Samsung does.
    Android in its pure form is very stable and efficient.
    Remember when BB were going to license out bb10? Imagine Samsung licensed it and modified it with their own overlay and it was noticeably more buggy and slow than blackberry built devices. Would you still say its the os that is to blame?

Witmen likes this.
    10-01-14 02:24 AM

LOL Amen to that!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 03:31 AM
    No he's saying there's Android and then there's modified monstrosities of Android like Samsung does.
    Remember when BB were going to license out bb10? Imagine Samsung licensed it and modified it with their own overlay and it was noticeably more buggy and slow than blackberry built devices. Would you still say its the os that is to blame?

Sorry forgot to add that all my phones were changed to the closest vanilla Android experience I could get on them.

Laggy and unfortunately taking away the manufacturer OS kills the phones.

Posted via CB10
    spikesolie likes this.
    10-01-14 03:32 AM
    What makes you think that such a thing as a free vpn exists? Nothing in life is free.

Posted via CB10
    Free vpn do exists, my friends using android are all hooked up to free vpn.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 05:44 AM
    Bb10 is qnx with oem modifications then
    Umm that's not quite the same thing. See, BB10 runs on top of QNX. Android runs on top of Linuix and then OEMs come up with custom skins to run on top of Android.

Android + TouchWiz, Optimus UI, Sense or whatever custom skin isn't the same thing as Android. The ignorant masses may not know the difference, but that don't change anything. There are Android devices and then there are Android-based devices. Once those modifications are introduced, you're no longer dealing with Android as Google intended it to be.

For example, let's pretend that BB10 isn't a commercial failure and that there were companies such as LG and Samsung who licensed BB10 and then modified every aspect of the OS with a custom skin on top of pure BB10. Would a BB10 device that is also running TouchWiz on top be the same thing as BB10 on a Z10, Z30 or Passport? In my opinion, no of course it wouldn't be the same.
    10-01-14 06:11 AM
    Are you saying that Android phones are so bad that they can't run out of the box properly without reinstalling the OS?
    You're failing to grasp a very simple concept.

Android phones run pure Android. A Nexus is a Android phone. Those run amazingly well out of the box.

Phones such as the Samsung Galaxy whatever devices, the LG G2 and the HTC One each come out of the box running OEM software that is based on Android. Android-based phones may come out of the box running like complete crap depending on what the OEM has done to them. But that isn't the same thing as Android.

Surely everyone here is smart enough to realize that there is a difference between Android and Android + OEM custom skins. Right?
    10-01-14 06:28 AM
    The security level on blackberry is so high that we cant get an easy vpn service, other mobile platforms they get free vpn but its different with we users. I have been trying to get a free vpn to work on my Z30 since I dont own a paypal account here in africa and all to no avail. Am considering giving out my blackerry devices and go for IOS or Android.

Posted via CB10
    Don't blame BlackBerry for your cheapness!

I've been running a secure VPN for sometime, but I pay for it.

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    10-01-14 07:03 AM

It is a mute point. It doesn't matter what Samsung or any other vendor put on top of Android. What you and Witman are arguing is that the vast majority of people should never purchase Android phones because they are a bloated mess. The only ones who should buy it are those that know how to find and reinstall a clean version. Thanks for pointing it out that the majority should purchase BB10 for a good out of the box experience and that Android OEM distributions are a mess.
    spikesolie and wasabiGT like this.
    10-01-14 07:04 AM
    Surely you know that the vast majority of people are incapable of finding and installing a pure version of Android or know the differences between an OEM Android and a pure Android. It's is all "Android". So the "Android" world as you admit is a mess and the average user should stay away from bloated and laggy phones (your words) and since they can't tell which phones are pure Android, they they shouldn't buy them.

Thanks for the clarification.
    10-01-14 07:09 AM
    Well.. that's an interesting take.

Frustrated with not being able to get a VPN easily on BlackBerry.-todh.jpg
    10-01-14 07:13 AM
    It is a mute point. It doesn't matter what Samsung or any other vendor put on top of Android. What you and Witman are arguing is that the vast majority of people should never purchase Android phones because they are a bloated mess. The only ones who should buy it are those that know how to find and reinstall a clean version. Thanks for pointing it out that the majority should purchase BB10 for a good out of the box experience and that Android OEM distributions are a mess.
    Name a single Android phone that was bloated out of the box. Betcha can't do it.

You know, I've gotta admit that you have proved me wrong just now. Here I thought everyone was smart enough to realize that there is a difference between Android and Android with OEM modifications. Silly me.
    10-01-14 07:51 AM
    Or buy a pure Android phone like a nexus or motorola or Google play editions.
    As they are as smooth as bb10 if not smoother.

10-01-14 08:04 AM
    You're failing to grasp a very simple concept.

Android phones run pure Android. A Nexus is a Android phone. Those run amazingly well out of the box.

Phones such as the Samsung Galaxy whatever devices, the LG G2 and the HTC One each come out of the box running OEM software that is based on Android. Android-based phones may come out of the box running like complete crap depending on what the OEM has done to them. But that isn't the same thing as Android.

Surely everyone here is smart enough to realize that there is a difference between Android and Android + OEM custom skins. Right?
    Surely you are smart enough that most people buy a a device at a carrier retail outlet. There, said "uneducated salesperson" says these words..."Oh you don't want a BlackBerry. No one wants those ha ha. You want Apple or Android! " (depending on the promotion or what they use.).

Now that's it.....they don't even know what you are claiming to be true or valid...so customer winds up with an android device. "It's Android out of the box". END OF STORY!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 08:11 AM
    And here's another point. If Android is such a bloated mess. How comes it supposedly runs so well on blackberry 10. Fact os pure Android is very efficient. But when things are added naturally it will lose efficency.
    Just take a look at Qnx and bb10. Qnx is very efficient but when bb10 was put on top of it it became bloated and inefficient

10-01-14 08:12 AM
    And here's another point. If Android is such a bloated mess. How comes it supposedly runs so well on blackberry 10. Fact os pure Android is very efficient. But when things are added naturally it will lose efficency.
    Just take a look at Qnx and bb10. Qnx is very efficient but when bb10 was put on top of it it became bloated and inefficient

And,and,andddddd we are on a BlackBerry site and really don't care about android devices.......and QNX source code is clean and efficient while androids goes on and on and on.....and QNX is the world leader in critical system software.....and...well what's the point.....

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 08:19 AM
    Surely you are smart enough that most people buy a a device at a carrier retail outlet. There, said "uneducated salesperson" says these words..."Oh you don't want a BlackBerry. No one wants those ha ha. You want Apple or Android! " (depending on the promotion or what they use.).

Now that's it.....they don't even know what you are claiming to be true or valid...so customer winds up with an android device. "It's Android out of the box". END OF STORY!

Posted via CB10
    What does any of that have to do with the topic at hand?

What people do or don't buy does nothing to change the fact that Android + OEM/carrier modifications is different than actual Android. And naturally, the two perform differently as well.
    10-01-14 08:20 AM
96 1234